What Should A Good Care Giver Provide

I am a not so new patient, and am getting tired of dispensary prices. I am a few months away from growing my own. Any way what should a caregiver provide their patients. I am hearing all kinds of offers out there from 1 FREE gram ( dispensary) to 2 OZ of meds per month. What are they offering and what should I expect form a caregiver.

I am a not so new patient, and am getting tired of dispensary prices. I am a few months away from growing my own. Any way what should a caregiver provide their patients. I am hearing all kinds of offers out there from 1 FREE gram ( dispensary) to 2 OZ of meds per month. What are they offering and what should I expect form a caregiver.

a good caregiver should provide you with what you need at a price you can afford. Its important to remember the reason disp prices are so high is that growers give out free meds to pts who could help with costs. the power bill has got to be paid, if you can help and dont you are passing the buck to some other poor person with no choice but to go to a disp. Srry to ramble, as i said a good caregiver should give you what you need at a price you can afford.

What the patient requires, When the patient requires it, At the donation agreed upon in your patient caregiver written agreement.

Want to also know whats the CG' back-up plan if they have a crop failure. Will replacement meds be of same quality same strain(s) Cultivated same way?

Patient needs come before anything else remember that.

I know the Juice(s) aren't free. But harvesting 12 plants should provide enough meds for your patient and enough for the CG to do whatever he wants. Let's face the facts the CG are'nt doing it because it's fun. They are making $$$. I think when I take over as my own CG I wil offer 1 OZ a month for free. Why would you make someone your CG and then still pay them full price?

Why would you make someone your CG and then still pay them full price?

Because its our homes we risk losing if a overzealous Leo looking to make a name for himself destroys our life?

As long as I'm giving you top notch quality herb at reasonable prices theres no need for freebies IMO also just because your giving me your 12 plant count doesn't mean i harvest all 12 plants on the same day that many plants has to be ran in a perpetual garden setup (harvest two plants every other week)to ensure theres no down time in getting you medicine.

Guest finallyfree09

I know the Juice(s) aren't free. But harvesting 12 plants should provide enough meds for your patient and enough for the CG to do whatever he wants. Let's face the facts the CG are'nt doing it because it's fun. They are making $$$. I think when I take over as my own CG I wil offer 1 OZ a month for free. Why would you make someone your CG and then still pay them full price?

if you have figured out a way to make any substantial amount of money from caregiving for 5 patients... please... share your business model.

i am a caregiver because it is fun plain and simple. you cannot make a living off of 5 people, neither should you try if you are compassionate in any way. that was not a shot so please don't take it that way. just sayin :rolleyes:

my patients get their meds for free. sometimes they will pay the electric bill for me. but i only have 2, both low income. when i fill the other 3 slots i will have to charge a bit more for my services but i know it won't be easy (if it's possible at all) to make more than what it costs me to operate.

if you have figured out a way to make any substantial amount of money from caregiving for 5 patients... please... share your business model.

i am a caregiver because it is fun plain and simple. you cannot make a living off of 5 people, neither should you try if you are compassionate in any way. that was not a shot so please don't take it that way. just sayin :rolleyes:

my patients get their meds for free. sometimes they will pay the electric bill for me. but i only have 2, both low income. when i fill the other 3 slots i will have to charge a bit more for my services but i know it won't be easy (if it's possible at all) to make more than what it costs me to operate.

Overages to dispensaries?

I kind of view them as the same thing, but i have very little expierence with the clubs to be honest.

You have no knowledge of what a compassion club does and yet you want to put them in same category as a dispensary. You are insulting to patients and caregivers alike!

Go back to your handlers and tell them you have met your match with this community!

We will drive Colorado out of OUR state and make god darn sure Michiganders hard earned money stays in Michigan feeding their families, paying their bills and not those of Colorado dispensary owners.

Being a caregiver is not always fun, has yet to be profitable, is dangerous, will cause you to be ostracized by some, you will be watched, ridiculed, and you may go to prison.

Some of us has a sick family member that not only can't grow, but is financially unable to help, and are compassionate enough to do it anyway.

The reasons we become Caregivers are many, and usually the reason shows ultimately in the quality and price of the product.

Patients, remember please we are trying to improve the standards.

Caregivers, remember please that the Patient needs a you because he/she is SICK.

Being a caregiver is not always fun, has yet to be profitable, is dangerous, will cause you to be ostracized by some, you will be watched, ridiculed, and you may go to prison.

Some of us has a sick family member that not only can't grow, but is financially unable to help, and are compassionate enough to do it anyway.

The reasons we become Caregivers are many, and usually the reason shows ultimately in the quality and price of the product.

Patients, remember please we are trying to improve the standards.

Caregivers, remember please that the Patient needs a you because he/she is SICK.

:thumbsu:

i have been a pt and my own caregiver for a bit over a year now. and i just finally became confident enough to take on the responsibility of providing meds to some folks.

my services are confidential and i wont disclose anything specific.

but i take care of each of my people, and try really hard to make sure they get everything they need. and just for reference not only can some of my PT's not afford their meds, but they can't even make ends meet and afford their electric and heat bills.

my furnace crapped out last month and so did one of my peoples. we are both still using electric supplimental heat because theres no extra money for help right now...

my point you ask? LOL

each person who has officially designated me has different needs, and i have different opportunities for them.

different strokes for different folks.

do what works for you and your patients. it has to be a win-win scenario or it won't last.

your paients are individual people and will each have differant needs.

good luck

I think most important is to keep in contact with your patient/patients. I hear so many on here complain they can't get ahold of there caregiver for months. Keep in touch even if you have nothing for them. Don't offer free guaranteed amounts of meds this could cause you real problems and money if you lose a plant or 2 or more. I will not tell any of my patients they will get a certain amount of free but I know they will be getting it :thumbsu: alot of it LOL probably. Most important ANSWER YOUR PHONE and make a call once in a while. Most people will be happy to at least hear from you even if it is not the best news. I am not a caregiver yet but will be someday. Got 4 plants going so I will need one soon or I will be over my limit :growl:

Archived