Revolving Door Patients

Well it needs to be said so I am going to say it; 'The people who are getting certified with-out medical records or even an exam are putting our law at risk of a Michigan government take over"

There must be a tightening up of the qualifying process and the first thing is to stop the motel Dr's approving anyone with a hang nail.

Legitimate patients who have been dealing with death and illness are being categorized as 'pot heads' because of the motel Dr certifying anyone who pays them money.

My daughter and I drove three people to the Doctor and they all carried their med records in with them in four milk crates. Before we went we stopped for breakfast at a local restaurant and as we sat there and talked a group of people over heard us and chimed in with this comment,

'you don't need sh1t for records just say you hurt, thats what we're going to do and you can smoke pot all you want'

Sorry you're not a legitimate patient for MM you're just abusing this like they probably abuse prescription pills and risking this program for those who truly need and depend on cannabis for a better quality of life than they have.

We as a community have to stand up against those who would abuse our law.

If a Dr would not prescribe narcotics for you because your condition doesn't warrant them why should a Dr give you the OK to use cannabis.

Peace

We are ALL in this together

what would you use to define a real patient?

would you exclude just having pain?

do you feel that cus i hurt i should take body destroying expensive opiates?

with or without law i will continue to use cannabis.

what you need to fight is the stereotype by example and teaching, not by changing the law

my 0.2

what you need to fight is the stereotype by example and teaching, not by changing the law

my 0.2

Where in that post did I say change the law?

What I am suggesting is tightening up the certification process to keep out those who would not qualify if they were legitimately sick or disabled.

You can go to any of these card mills and don't need med records just money. A legit Dr wouldn't prescribe vicodin with-out an exam so why should an out of state Dr be allowed certify a patient for cannabis with-out an exam or med records.

There are people in Lansing who are working at this very moment to take this program away from us and turn it over to the government because of the number of illegitimate patients being certified for the program.

And once that happens you will not have the program we voted into law.

i think this is a vary touchy subject im not a doctor and i dont know anything about it im just a little insignificant piece of carbon. but i feel that as we voted it in and the people of michigan still support us it wont get taken away as easily as people might think. true we are in a new and vicarious position, nevertheless the people have spoken and still are on our side i have faith in our resolve.

Make the initial physicians certification a little tougher to get and get rid of the physicians certificaion for renewals. This will get rid of all these fly by night "doctors"! I never understood the need to get the Physicians cert for renewals???? If you have a condition that is terminal and there is no cure for like AIDS/Cancer why do you need to see the doc again???

my 0.2

Whoa! 20 cents! :D

I like what you said here. He didn't say change the law though.....

I know there are plenty of shady things going on, but keep in mind that there are a lot of poor people without insurance that don't go to the doctor's office all the time.

They manage the best they can.

And, of course, they don't have records.

So I know there are shady things going on, but what about these folks?

Make the initial physicians certification a little tougher to get and get rid of the physicians certificaion for renewals. This will get rid of all these fly by night "doctors"! I never understood the need to get the Physicians cert for renewals???? If you have a condition that is terminal and there is no cure for like AIDS/Cancer why do you need to see the doc again???

You are preaching my kind of sermon.

Since my wife and I are considered to be "totally and permanently disabled" by the Social Security Administration, why in the hell should I have to get my card re-certified every year? Our conditions are NOT going to change.

Amen!

Mizerman

I fully agree....

Michigan will still get their yearly fee, so funding the program isn't an issue....

I know there are plenty of shady things going on, but keep in mind that there are a lot of poor people without insurance that don't go to the doctor's office all the time.

very good what are we going to do with the poor and i too no what the poster had in mind but i do under stand some people don't go to the Doctor's also as much as they would like too

i to would like to stop the Bad Doc's that write Rec or for pills

i agree there he did not say to change the law i misunderstood i am sorry

that is my situation. i have in the last 10 years been to the doctor Maybe 8 times for broken bones from various injury's.

and also from c.a.t scans and m.r.i for what they say is "cluster headaches" just a cool word for a really bad headache but other than that i have not gone. i sufferd thru Pneumonia cus i dident have money to pay for a visit to the doctor let alone for some gas in my car or food so i chose to eat. and as many before me i was fortunate i made it without a doctor.

i think my last medical record is from 2006.

If the person in question no matter what their financial state has been dealing with a chronic physical condition serious enough they need pain relief they've been to a Dr or an emergency room and there will be records.

We know a guy with just such a situation not having a regular Dr he used the emergency room like most poor people do(I did and do)and was able to put together enough medical background to receive his certification legitimately.

Folks I ain't trying to keep anyone away from cannabis who is sick and truly would benefit from it. I want to keep the joker away who is perfectly healthy but can get a certification just by saying 'here's your money' that shines a negative light on every single legitimate patient.

I'm a low income patient growing my own and I know what its like believe it but I also know that the actions of a few are putting every single legitimate patient in jeopardy of losing this privilege to access cannabis.

Peace

Well it needs to be said so I am going to say it; 'The people who are getting certified with-out medical records or even an exam are putting our law at risk of a Michigan government take over"

There must be a tightening up of the qualifying process and the first thing is to stop the motel Dr's approving anyone with a hang nail.

Legitimate patients who have been dealing with death and illness are being categorized as 'pot heads' because of the motel Dr certifying anyone who pays them money.

My daughter and I drove three people to the Doctor and they all carried their med records in with them in four milk crates. Before we went we stopped for breakfast at a local restaurant and as we sat there and talked a group of people over heard us and chimed in with this comment,

'you don't need sh1t for records just say you hurt, thats we're going to do and you can smoke pot all you want'

Sorry you're not a legitimate patient for MM you're just abusing this like they probably abuse prescription pills and risking this program for those who truly need and depend on cannabis for a better quality of life than they have.

We as a community have to stand up against those who would abuse our law.

If a Dr would not prescribe narcotics for you because your condition doesn't warrant them why should a Dr give you the OK to use cannabis.

Peace

Do you know if you get caught drunk driving or anything like that and you also get a weed possesion, every single place they send you to for punishment tells you to go get your mm card, I got arrested the yr the law passed, I had to do a few days in jail, the aa person that comes in for the prisoners, told many that were in for possesion to go get certified quick and it will help them, and the impact weekend conslers we had both said to get legal! and the substance abuse class i had to take told me the same thing,

Maybe this is their plan, to get a bunch of people legal that shouldnt be so they can realy put the screws down on us!

True story! god as my witness! every single place the sent me for punishment told me to go register!

Peace

FTW

JIm

oh man that sounds like a conspiracy theory, now im realy getting paranoid! dry.gif

i understand that it is hurting the medical comunity but i say cannabis for all... if you want it you should have the right to get it but again thats just me thinking that sick people can drink....why not healthy people smoke... just saying

*digs a REALLY deep foxhole to get out of the line of fire*

It seems like some people want to be above others..... I dont understand why people judge others conditions..... Marijuana should be legal anyways its not peoples fault that the government places unwarrented restrictions on a plant that we ALL should be able to enjoy. Just my 2 cents.

dude you better get down in here with me before you get your head blown off.

It seems like some people want to be above others..... I dont understand why people judge others conditions..... Marijuana should be legal anyways its not peoples fault that the government places unwarrented restrictions on a plant that we ALL should be able to enjoy. Just my 2 cents.

dude if your talking to me! I dont mean to come off that way, I think it should be legal for all of voting age period.........But people getting certified w/o a qualifiying condition is going to hurt us!

I wish I would have never registered, but i did and ive been caught with my meds 3 times since becoming legal, im 48 yrs old, I never had a weed conviction or arrest in my life till i registered, the fact is we are on the rite track and next step is legalization, big brother just needs to figure away to make most of the money on it first, how you gonna make something legal that a kindegardner can grow and make money on it?

like said earlier, the best weed i have ever smoked I grew, so all of you best growers in the world you know what im talkin about, and some of you that came out from underground i bet regret it!

Im for marijuana, not against it, if i didnt think these motel dr.s wouldnt hurt us I would nt say anything about it, but watch they are going to either tighten it up and we will be buying from big brother, or it will be legal!

Peace

FTW

Jim

edit= if im in a group of people outside smoking cigerettes and a cop happens to come to smoke also, i love liting one of my cigs that have weed in it! and watch people look around like who is smoking weed, in fact most times some one says it, and i say yea who is, it smells nasty! and I keep smoking my filtered cig with half weed in it...lmao maybe thats why ive been caught with my meds, but never in that kinda situation, i used to like to do it in bars like that to before they banned smoking in public! :devil::rolleyes:

dude if your talking to me! I dont mean to come off that way, I think it should be legal for all of voting age period.........But people getting certified w/o a qualifiying condition is going to hurt us!

I wish I would have never registered, but i did and ive been caught with my meds 3 times since becoming legal, im 48 yrs old, I never had a weed conviction or arrest in my life till i registered, the fact is we are on the rite track and next step is legalization, big brother just needs to figure away to make most of the money on it first, how you gonna make something legal that a kindegardner can grow and make money on it?

like said earlier, the best weed i have ever smoked I grew, so all of you best growers in the world you know what im talkin about, and some of you that came out from underground i bet regret it!

Im for marijuana, not against it, if i didnt think these motel dr.s wouldnt hurt us I would nt say anything about it, but watch they are going to either tighten it up and we will be buying from big brother, or it will be legal!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I honestly think it comes down to a matter of opinion, no ones really right or wrong. I guess in my opinion people will see this medical marijuana program as a horrible screw up by the government , showing they cant regulate it properly. Then a large push for legalization so that everyone can have access since majority of people who want it already have it. Or maybe the federal government decides to get its feet in the much and make it federally LEGAL so they can control it and not the states. Who knows?

Card Mills are going to disappear in this state either through government intervention or because we ran them out of the state. There is no need for them. If you have any chronic condition, you will have medical records, poor or not. The people did not vote for cannabis for all. This is medical marijuana, not party time. Doctors who operate these card mills are criminals and deserve to lose their ability to practice medicine. Thanks, Bb

I dont know it just seems to go against the movement to want people to get in trouble for marijuana use? DO you really want someone to lose their job and livelyhood for being involved with marijuana? It just seems like a double standard when you support walmart joe but not doctor bob. They arent writting scripts for oxy contin or something that kills you, its marijuana.

Card Mills are going to disappear in this state either through government intervention or because we ran them out of the state. There is no need for them. If you have any chronic condition, you will have medical records, poor or not. The people did not vote for cannabis for all. This is medical marijuana, not party time. Doctors who operate these card mills are criminals and deserve to lose their ability to practice medicine. Thanks, Bb

Do Card Mills = doctor's setting up shop and giving certs with no records?

or

Do Card Mills = doctor's setting up clinics for people to get certified (with previous records)?

Most Doctor practices won't do recommendations, so I do see a need for the 'certification clinics'

I just want to know your definition.....

Dr. Bob has ethics, so poor example. Secondly a doctor that writes medicine that is not required by the patient is a dealer not a doctor. Lastly the "Movement" here is medical marijuana, not, Hey Y'all, watch this!

Well i guess we have two different ideas of the movement. I want everyone who wants marijuana to have legal access to it. Maybe that makes be a bit radical? But i dont think the government has the right to tell ANYBODY they cant smoke this plant. He isnt selling marijuana , he is giving the person a chance to gain access to something he should already have access to.

Clinics that specialize in certifications are most definitely necessary, and ethical if certain practices are followed. The subject of this thread is the former, and usually they don't even "set up shop" except in a temporary office or hotel room.

Also, I don't think that the patients and caregivers commenting against recommendations for unqualified people are trying to say they are more needy or deserving of marijuana, just that they are allowed by law to have it, those without a qualifying condition are not (yet).

When they can get a card anyway and act just like a qualifying patient, it erodes our law in the eyes of every person that knows them and knows they are abusing the system. I would say it is the number one reason our law is currently under assault.

Most people that are going to think that way think that every patient is faking it....How did prohibtion end btw? Is it because everyone obeyed the law and only those with a med card got alcohol(which existed)? Or was it because so many americans fought back and against the system by bootlegging that in the end they needed the tax money more then the moral satisfaction.

Archived