Washington Twp Calls For Inspections

Unless they are already subject to inspections, which i doubt, they are targeting patients and caregivers. rights violation?

http://www.sourcenewspapers.com/articles/2011/02/18/news/doc4d5ea55e35ee4093406707.txt#blogcomments

"Washington Township officials have approved an ordinance that bans any type of medical marijuana dispensaries, compassion centers or similar operations for the consumption or distribution of medicinal marijuana within its borders.

The ordinance, which was approved during a Feb. 16 meeting, also places requirements on the growing of marijuana by registered primary caregivers.

The ordinance was approved 6-1 with Trustee Art Grimes voting against."

It goes on to state the conditions they have set forth:

"The township's medical marijuana use ordinance states caregivers must register the location where they are growing marijuana with Washington Township, the location must be 1,000 feet away from any school or child care facilities, the location cannot have more than one registered caregiver servicing patients, and the caregiver must acquiesce to having the portion of the residential structure where chemicals and growing is taking place inspected by the Washington Township Fire Department."

and finally:

"Additionally Seibert said the ordinance also states that the primary caregiver cannot grow marijuana for more than one qualified patient at a location.

"Under Michigan law, if I am a primary caregiver I may have five patients in Washington, but if I'm going to grow the plants I have to do it in my home and I can only grow from my home for one patient. If I have four other patients, I am going to have to find four other homes to do it," said Seibert. "The effect of this is to put a strangle hold on anyone who wants to grow more than 12 plants for one person. Seibert said the proposed ordinance wasn't the only option.

"You can do that or take a meat axe and ban it entirely because it is a violation of federal law, and hope that the first case that comes out rules in our favor," said Seibert.

The board will vote to adopt the ordinance at a meeting in March."

Unless they are already subject to inspections, which i doubt, they are targeting patients and caregivers. rights violation?

http://www.sourcenew...xt#blogcomments

"Washington Township officials have approved an ordinance that bans any type of medical marijuana dispensaries, compassion centers or similar operations for the consumption or distribution of medicinal marijuana within its borders.

The ordinance, which was approved during a Feb. 16 meeting, also places requirements on the growing of marijuana by registered primary caregivers.

The ordinance was approved 6-1 with Trustee Art Grimes voting against."

It goes on to state the conditions they have set forth:

"The township's medical marijuana use ordinance states caregivers must register the location where they are growing marijuana with Washington Township, the location must be 1,000 feet away from any school or child care facilities, the location cannot have more than one registered caregiver servicing patients, and the caregiver must acquiesce to having the portion of the residential structure where chemicals and growing is taking place inspected by the Washington Township Fire Department."

and finally:

"Additionally Seibert said the ordinance also states that the primary caregiver cannot grow marijuana for more than one qualified patient at a location.

"Under Michigan law, if I am a primary caregiver I may have five patients in Washington, but if I'm going to grow the plants I have to do it in my home and I can only grow from my home for one patient. If I have four other patients, I am going to have to find four other homes to do it," said Seibert. "The effect of this is to put a strangle hold on anyone who wants to grow more than 12 plants for one person. Seibert said the proposed ordinance wasn't the only option.

"You can do that or take a meat axe and ban it entirely because it is a violation of federal law, and hope that the first case that comes out rules in our favor," said Seibert.

The board will vote to adopt the ordinance at a meeting in March."

so insted of Leo having to find 1 grow room they will have to find 5 grow rooms LOL i know it's not funny but come on what will they come up next with

WTF how can they get off saying that? 1 patient per house, the frigging law says 5 patients, I can tell you in my case that LEO says its illegal for my CG to grow my plants in MY home? so if the CG is growing anywhere but HIS house he is breaking the law ?

But I guess we will find out if its illegal on Tuesday, when I go to court. man that this is getting so screwed up, why do they fight this so much in every way possible?

Trix

it needs to be argued, 1st, the county is in the Soverign state of Michigan. Michigan residents is who they represent 1st. Michigan laws therefore take precident over federal laws.

Mi law states 5pts for a CG with 12plants MAX per pt. and the CG can also be his own PT. to do this in 5 seperate locations, even if they are the PTs locations, would obviously could be costly, if not near impossible, which is why its worded the way it is. I also think it would be inherantly the opposite of the intention of the law as writen.

the law doesnt say a CG must have a facility for each pt, just a secure, locked facility, that can only be accessed by the CG/ or his papered pt, via the locked door. it does not say anywhere, anything about a facility for each pt, though it does not say that it can not be in 5 different places either. the devil is in the details.

i think this can be a key point to help, being it says A (Singular) facility. I do not think the law is pluralized in that area, but i could be mistaken.

The plants growing have no bearing on the danger of the equipment. if they require MMJ growers to have inspections for safety (electric/ventilation/etc...) then anyone that employs any kind of equipment for indoor gardening involving lights or nutrients or fans is subject to those inspections. Otherwise there is a clear case of discrimination against those growing a specific type of plant.

Why would they?

You must get the ppl out in numbers to protest this crap.. Post the time and date of the meeting and email to write letters too.. they have to read the public comments made by email as well ( i have been told) .. If no one shows they can just pass it.. so you have to have the comunity there.. Over and over again.. dont give up if pressured they will probably drop this.. Call the ACLU as well..

Archived