Denied By The State

wolfgang

I filled out the form for a new compassion club to be started and sent it too Lansing only to receive a letter back saying we were denied because it suggests we are going to be doing illegal activities. She said I could appeal it and re-send it in which I have done and be MORE specific as to what we are providing for the patients. I also mentioned in my letter that we are not a marijuana bar as Rick Jones has suggested CC are. So we will see if I get re-jected again. I spoke with BB about this,and to his knowledge this is the 1st one he has heard about being re-jected so Im assuming then the capital has already got thier marching orders from the AG and Senator? any one else have an issue with this before?

I added the following paragraph at their behest to clarify "education and support services:"

Local experts will be used to provide club attendees with any medical, legal, and horticultural information they need to assist them in the legal use of medical marijuana. The club also provides ongoing support services to members to assist them in the proper use of medical marijuana. These services include coordination and networking between patients, caregivers and club attendees and well as communication of important events and information.

Thanks!

Can a mod make this change in your starting a compassion club area?

:thumbsu:

The State gave us a hard time too, this is what we sent to them after we got our letter requesting more information:

"Article II

To provide education and supportive services to medical marijuana patients, caregivers and the community, and to provide community awareness about the effectiveness, safety and legality of medical marijuana. Providing information in regards to the many resources relative to methods of legally and safely cultivating and using medical marijuana by way of videos, books, pamphlets, and other media. Teaching members new to computers and internet how to search and browse the internet for information on growing techniques, safe transport, and the varying methods of using medical marijuana. Board members will have available applications for registration, changes, and renewals of medical marijuana cards issued through the MDCH MMMP and are available to assist in ensuring the documents are complete to avoid any delays in processing. Have available contact information to medical marijuana physicians and clinics for one to obtain the required recommendation for the medical use of marijuana. To be as a hub for individuals to meet and discuss how medical marijuana has been a benefit to either him or her or a loved one and utilize that information to better educate the public. To meet as a group at least once a month to discuss current events within the MMMP. Discuss ideas as a group and put into action community awareness of the safety and effectiveness of medical marijuana by way of holding meetings open to the public, creating and passing out flyers including testimonials from qualified patients about how medical marijuana has helped them. Provide a better understanding of the MDCH MMMP administrative rules."

I hope this is helpful to you.

ROFL I never contacted anyone from the state about the CC I started ;) We need one here and are not a dispensary under the name of compassion club just a flat out informative meeting...Why would I need to contact the state to help people figure out where to find say a doctor or caregiver? Screw them for real just start your club if it is a true compassion club rather than a dispensary and people need it then do it! Just stay above board on everything you do with it.

joe

ROFL I never contacted anyone from the state about the CC I started ;) We need one here and are not a dispensary under the name of compassion club just a flat out informative meeting...Why would I need to contact the state to help people figure out where to find say a doctor or caregiver? Screw them for real just start your club if it is a true compassion club rather than a dispensary and people need it then do it! Just stay above board on everything you do with it.

joe

To register with the state as a non-profit company.

The Mt. Pleasant CC is not a dispensary and is registered with the state as a nonprofit company. It just seemed the right thing to do.

I talked to Wolf on ther phone. That was her exact words to me. The State said that compassion clubs were illegal. That they were engaged in an illegal activity. Pretty clear my friend. Thanks, Bb

Who is the best lawyer, or professional service that a patient/caregiver could employ to handle problems with the State/MDCH, to ensure issues with government agencies are managed professionally and aggressively?

I'm thinking like how they advertise for the tax professionals that will handle the IRS for you.

Is it still folks like Komorn and Abel, but I'm figuring they're more focused on criminal cases.

Is it still folks like Komorn and Abel, but I'm figuring they're more focused on criminal cases.

Yuh the civil side of things is a whole new can of worms, I'm guessing that we will start seeing more and more names from civil lawyers popping up once these pending cases are out of court.

Not many have been dismissed yet, that I have heard of anyways only a handful thus far. Most can't afford it or take the threat of prison so they have to plea out.

Although you can still win a civil suit even if you plea. I have done it personally in a excessive force case in Madison Heights, 5 years probation, but still sued them and won..

Trix

Yuh the civil side of things is a whole new can of worms, I'm guessing that we will start seeing more and more names from civil lawyers popping up once these pending cases are out of court.

Not many have been dismissed yet, that I have heard of anyways only a handful thus far. Most can't afford it or take the threat of prison so they have to plea out.

Although you can still win a civil suit even if you plea. I have done it personally in a excessive force case in Madison Heights, 5 years probation, but still sued them and won..

Trix

I know we will be sueing the same city after are case is done

The State gave us a hard time too, this is what we sent to them after we got our letter requesting more information:

"Article II

To provide education and supportive services to medical marijuana patients, caregivers and the community, and to provide community awareness about the effectiveness, safety and legality of medical marijuana. Providing information in regards to the many resources relative to methods of legally and safely cultivating and using medical marijuana by way of videos, books, pamphlets, and other media. Teaching members new to computers and internet how to search and browse the internet for information on growing techniques, safe transport, and the varying methods of using medical marijuana. Board members will have available applications for registration, changes, and renewals of medical marijuana cards issued through the MDCH MMMP and are available to assist in ensuring the documents are complete to avoid any delays in processing. Have available contact information to medical marijuana physicians and clinics for one to obtain the required recommendation for the medical use of marijuana. To be as a hub for individuals to meet and discuss how medical marijuana has been a benefit to either him or her or a loved one and utilize that information to better educate the public. To meet as a group at least once a month to discuss current events within the MMMP. Discuss ideas as a group and put into action community awareness of the safety and effectiveness of medical marijuana by way of holding meetings open to the public, creating and passing out flyers including testimonials from qualified patients about how medical marijuana has helped them. Provide a better understanding of the MDCH MMMP administrative rules."

I hope this is helpful to you.

this is excellent!

bethany (my friend) and i are in a position to take over the leadership role in our Northeastern Michigan Compassion Club, as our founder is wishing to step down and become less active for personal and health reasons..and we are kneck deep in the process of filling out our paperwork for filing.

thank you for this information

you all are saving me a headache and a possible rejection step by posting this.

:goodjob:

Archived