Why Wisconsin Matters

Guest d00g

Nothing would make me happier than to see the folks protesting in Wisconsin, put a stop to their government by any means neccessary.

We really are no different than Egypt as the government always tries to take more and more from us.

Even the students have taken up the cause for their teachers!

Mizerman

p.s. this will be us very soon if the protesters in Wisconsin do not put a stop to the republicans who want to break the unions...and ultimately swing elections towards the republicans and their "unlimited corporate campaign contributions"...

I just read a story about Ray McGovern ( 27 years as a CIA analyst,war veteran,also a security advisor for Reagan and H.W. Bush)doing a silent protest At Hilary Clinton's speech about the Egyptians and how no country should stop peaceful demonstrations as McGovern was hauled away right in front of her. Ray said he was handled quite roughly in the process,two sets of handcuffs, cut and bruised, he is 71 years old. I am not very good with computers, don't know how to cut and paste, but the story was on Alternet. www.alternet.com I believe that is their website.

I just read a story about Ray McGovern ( 27 years as a CIA analyst,war veteran,also a security advisor for Reagan and H.W. Bush)doing a silent protest At Hilary Clinton's speech about the Egyptians and how no country should stop peaceful demonstrations as McGovern was hauled away right in front of her. Ray said he was handled quite roughly in the process,two sets of handcuffs, cut and bruised, he is 71 years old. I am not very good with computers, don't know how to cut and paste, but the story was on Alternet. www.alternet.com I believe that is their website.

Doesn't matter dutchfarm People still will vote for this here. They have stated this very day that they will vote their approval of this tyrannical regime's behavior in the next election. What can we do? I guess we will be eaten next...

On the news last night I will have to research the statements but the politician said " We told you we were gonna do this, but you still voted for us now you complain about it" another statement "I think all these protesters should be fired for bailing from their jobs" man what a bunch of dicks.

People all over the world are standing up to their governments, its on just about every broadcast they show.

Finally get to watch the news and see people protesting, and not see a murder or a robbery every story they show on the news.

Trix

Doesn't matter dutchfarm People still will vote for this here. They have stated this very day that they will vote their approval of this tyrannical regime's behavior in the next election. What can we do? I guess we will be eaten next...

Until a third party candidate can galvanize the masses, (and nobody has even come close to doing so since Ross Perot in 1992.)

I'll continue to support the democrats as they truly are the lesser of two evils.

Mizerman

We are the masses. We galvanize ourselves, or we are acted upon. Your lesser of two evils just threw out a veteran for staging a peaceful protest. You want to vote for that, ok, but don't expect our family to go along quietly.

See, that's my problem here. Your vote also empowers these regimes over me. That is not cool. Why is that OK for anyone?

To say we will vote for someone who will oppress and tyrannize us (have been and say they will continue to do this stuff) because some other person is worse in your mind is absurd. We have more than 2 choices. We have millions.

It is not ok to vote for tyranny over the rest of us. Please stop it. I beg you. My grand kids beg you.

What do you want your legacy to be? That you went along with the lesser of 2 evils until we had so much evil piled up against us that it was too late?

I will tell my children and grand children that I voted against the statist system that bore them into involuntary servitude to the state. You want to say you voted for people who oppressed individual humans and their rights, OK, but think about that kind of a legacy, especially with all the information we have now. We know better. We can ask for a higher standard. One that does not destroy individual humans (that have harmed no others) and their rights ever!

You want to believe that Obama, Clinton, Pelossi, Reed, Cooper, and the rest of the democrats will protect your individual human rights better than republicans even after all the evidence and the individuals named here say otherwise, OK, but it doesn't work out for the rest of us when you vote for them. They are taking our freedoms and liberties just as fast as some other statist will, regardless of the name you want to put on them.

Both parties are against us and pitting us against each other. I am not on either side, but I see the game that is being played with many here and it is so sad. They are making me say things that will alienate some of my friends, if I haven't already burned those bridges.

I am however on the side of individual human rights. I wish some of you would join me here. It is lonely outside the main stream, but your main stream has gotten us all to this point, and a change in direction is in order.

If anyone cares to join the side of individual human rights and freedom, today would be a good day for both parties to join with individuals and turn away from statism and towards peace, harmony, and freedom.

Otherwise, we will see what we can honestly say to our future generations...thholdinghands.jpg

We are the masses. We galvanize ourselves, or we are acted upon. Your lesser of two evils just threw out a veteran for staging a peaceful protest. You want to vote for that, ok, but don't expect our family to go along quietly.

See, that's my problem here. Your vote also empowers these regimes over me. That is not cool. Why is that OK for anyone?

To say we will vote for someone who will oppress and tyrannize us (have been and say they will continue to do this stuff) because some other person is worse in your mind is absurd. We have more than 2 choices. We have millions.

It is not ok to vote for tyranny over the rest of us. Please stop it. I beg you. My grand kids beg you.

What do you want your legacy to be? That you went along with the lesser of 2 evils until we had so much evil piled up against us that it was too late?

I will tell my children and grand children that I voted against the statist system that bore them into involuntary servitude to the state. You want to say you voted for people who oppressed individual humans and their rights, OK, but think about that kind of a legacy, especially with all the information we have now. We know better. We can ask for a higher standard. One that does not destroy individual humans (that have harmed no others) and their rights ever!

You want to believe that Obama, Clinton, Pelossi, Reed, Cooper, and the rest of the democrats will protect your individual human rights better than republicans even after all the evidence and the individuals named here say otherwise, OK, but it doesn't work out for the rest of us when you vote for them. They are taking our freedoms and liberties just as fast as some other statist will, regardless of the name you want to put on them.

Both parties are against us and pitting us against each other. I am not on either side, but I see the game that is being played with many here and it is so sad. They are making me say things that will alienate some of my friends, if I haven't already burned those bridges.

I am however on the side of individual human rights. I wish some of you would join me here. It is lonely outside the main stream, but your main stream has gotten us all to this point, and a change in direction is in order.

If anyone cares to join the side of individual human rights and freedom, today would be a good day for both parties to join with individuals and turn away from statism and towards peace, harmony, and freedom.

Otherwise, we will see what we can honestly say to our future generations...thholdinghands.jpg

i actually agree bish.

i voted for obama because i believed him when he said he would change the "politics as usual" crap.

and then he did just the opposite.

i pulled my support for him. and now i support no official party.

theres no independents running that i know of / trust...

the rules are simple.

minimize damage by supporting the side with the least destructive resource currently in my path.

i don't have an allegiance to any party

never have...i think many of us are indipendants....and free thinkers....we r just trapped in a flawed system.

the only thing i truly support is scrapping the whole legal / political system and going back to the constitution and starting over again LOL

good luck right

no matter whom a person supports, the changes happen.

no matter which party a person backs, the president doesn't have the power to stop this snowball anymore. it's a 3 party system anyways....with the president having no more power than the house or the senate. figurehead basically trying to do the will of the people?

no clue.

but i do wish to crush and recall any politician who comes out against me and my community.

so there is the common bond my friend...

let us not worry about how the ignorant make it into power...let us all join to remove them once they are identified.

:sword:

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/larrykudlow/2011/02/18/unions_fight_in_madison_is_a_disgrace

Perhaps we need to look at this in a different light. I'd like to hear some responses to this article. The author responds to the mess in Wisconsin with facts, so I would hope any responses here would be based on facts too. It's too easy to let emotion get in the way.

Gary Johnson 2012

from new mexico?

ok why him?

i am down with supporting a president who will actually protect my rights.

if there be such a creature lurking in the anal pools of washignton....

don't take my PLANT.

balance the budget.

protect me from invasion.

it's really that simple for me.

i think thats totally an impossible request though...

i really do think i'll get my plant...but they will NEVER balance the budget again unless we revolt and demand it.... and we all know the record on border patrols...

funny kinda how these things are so close to each other though...

maybe if they leagalize...and end the war...there would be way less smuggling over the borders.....that in itself could be enough to give me my meager wishes...

probably a dream...

it's better to dream about it, than dwell in the nightmare of persecuted reality i suppose...

but then what about the..

:money:

they won't give up the dollar dollar bill ya'll

http://finance.townh...n_is_a_disgrace

Perhaps we need to look at this in a different light. I'd like to hear some responses to this article. The author responds to the mess in Wisconsin with facts, so I would hope any responses here would be based on facts too. It's too easy to let emotion get in the way.

it is easy to let emotions get in the way.

i used to want all unions to be broken and done away with. i felt like the automotive unions have crippled the industry with insane rules. did you know a dye repair person can't pick up a broom and clean up their own mess? they have to wait for maint todo it...it's not kool but

i now have come to realize they are both evil.

and by they i mean unions and big business both.

it's easy for a corporation to enslave it's workforce, and just as easy for a workforce to enslave its company.

i think the key lies in balance.

our world is out of balance right now.

the financial crunch is making everyone a little nuts and it's snowballing to epic proportions.

it's going to get worse i am afraid.

not that i am an alarmist, but i have spent nearly a lifetime in building trades and real estate and the markets and real property values aren't done yet...

somebody's hiding the truth about how bad it really is and it's going to come out eventually.

if the democrats felt like the only way to stop a power move was to skidattle, then i wanna believe it is good thing,.. but there are always two sides to every story and we here in Michigan are privy to neither.

we only hear the news as it was reported by a (most likely biased / slanted) news person.

none of us are in those shoes and so we have no idea what kind of backstabbing politics and conjectures are formulating over there.

i hope they work it out.

it's kinda nuts that the politicians fled the state.....

it is a sign of the times i suppose

The news is now just a propaganda machine, that can be bought for the price of a full page ad. The politicians have little time to redirect their efforts at saving this country instead of screwing with sick people. We will accept their surrender today or they can prepare for a day of reckoning with with the people. Thanks, Bb

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

http://finance.townh...n_is_a_disgrace

A Rabid and Pathetic Counterpoint.

it is easy to let emotions get in the way.

i used to want all unions to be broken and done away with. i felt like the automotive unions have crippled the industry with insane rules. did you know a dye repair person can't pick up a broom and clean up their own mess? they have to wait for maint todo it...it's not kool but

i now have come to realize they are both evil.

and by they i mean unions and big business both.

it's easy for a corporation to enslave it's workforce, and just as easy for a workforce to enslave its company.

i think the key lies in balance.

our world is out of balance right now.

the financial crunch is making everyone a little nuts and it's snowballing to epic proportions.

it's going to get worse i am afraid.

not that i am an alarmist, but i have spent nearly a lifetime in building trades and real estate and the markets and real property values aren't done yet...

somebody's hiding the truth about how bad it really is and it's going to come out eventually.

if the democrats felt like the only way to stop a power move was to skidattle, then i wanna believe it is good thing,.. but there are always two sides to every story and we here in Michigan are privy to neither.

we only hear the news as it was reported by a (most likely biased / slanted) news person.

none of us are in those shoes and so we have no idea what kind of backstabbing politics and conjectures are formulating over there.

i hope they work it out.

it's kinda nuts that the politicians fled the state.....

it is a sign of the times i suppose

Good post, mibrains.

Archived