? Help Me Stop Smoking?

pic book

I've been smoking cigarettes 40 years now and next week it will be 41. Have tried to quit--hypnosis, counciling, Chantix, all over the past 3 years and I can't stop! (Although I am down from 3 packs a day to 'only' two). What worked for you? I'm in great health without problems, but how long can I be lucky? I really need to quit. Gotta go, time to light up...just can't stop.

Patches my friend. Nicoderm, I think. It worked for me. Comes with a tape to get you started. Follow the Instructions. Day 3 (my personal experience) or sooner you will be over most anxieties, with a Big Smile on your face and a huge glaring question on your mind: Why I didn't do this Long ago.

It worked for me. been tobaccoless for at least 10 years now. I even got a vaporizer in 2008, prior to surgery, I have to tell you I'm hooked on it. I haven't done much with the Medibles, as far as Cooking myself. Though I have sampled some and I approve, just haven't had enough Cannabis to spare.

Best of Luck to Ya !

Nicoderm.

Do not use those liquid nicotine e-cigs. The chemicals you put into your lungs from those is the equivalent of inhaling "anti-freeze".

I urge you to quit.

My mother was 58 years old when she was "all of the sudden" diagnosed with Stage IV cancer less than three months before she died.

Let me tell you that her final days I would not wish on anyone - not even those I despise. It got to the point that morphine shots did NOT deal with her pain.

Then, the Hospice nurses started mixing the liquid morphine into applesauce for her and that did not work either. Towards the very end, they were giving her liquid morphine by the tablespoon and that didn't adequately deal with the pain either.

She lapsed into a coma for the last two days of her life and she was in obvious pain and disomfort during that time as well.

I don't want to see ANYONE suffer like her ever again in my life.

What was tragic and sad and I couldn't argue with her on her deathbed was that she was still smoking and I even had to light the cigarrettes for her.

I know it is a terribly hard thing to try and quit. The minority of smokers don't die from lung cancer, but the majority do...and it isn't pretty.

If you have one free afternoon (or any free time slot in your week) ask your local hospital if you can volunteer in the section where lung cancer patients are dying. If you have to drive to Karmanos down in Detroit - do it.

As for vaporizing? Solabeirtan is correct. That IS the way to go. If the doctor who gave you your recommendation cared at all about your health, then he/she would have insisted you not smoke cannabis any more and only use it through a vaporizer.

Did you know that you can cook with the "duff" leftover from your vaporizer?

PM me and I'll share the recipe with you.

I consider everyone on this website part of my family and many are my friends and I don't want any of you dying from lung cancer...

Mizerman

Yes, please use the patches. Both my parents were heavy smokers. Mom passed at 48 while I was a teenager. Cancer treatments were alot uglier back then and I was the lucky one to take care of her and drive her around to the doctors with my brand new drivers license. Eventually she ended up bed ridden on a hospital bed set up in our living room. Nothing good came out of those last six months.

please quit.

Growing up in the eastern mountains of Kentucky during the 1950's and 60's, there were very, very few who did not smoke. My mother smoked 4 packs of camels a day for 48 years, and then she started chewing gum. Totally quit smoking that day. She has still been chewing for about ten years now and we still have her here with us and fairly healthy and active for her age. I am grateful she quit and is still here. Probably not the best way to quit, but I am blessed to have her here.

Good luck to you, pic book, you can do it if you really want to. I know it!no-smoking.jpg

10 year smoker here.

i have been using the smoke-bot for about a month now and im loving it.

it does take awhile to get used to and is very easy to over/under hit it during the first few days.

i didnt have much problem cutting down from 1.5 packs to about .5 packs a day...... still had problems needing a real cigarette in the mornings and after meals.... but the smoke-bot for all other times of the day.

in the last week i have cut down to just one real cigarette per day...... as soon as i get out of bed in the morning.....

i do find that i have been puffing less per day as well.

the real deal with these is that you are still getting the addictive nicotine, but not the tar and bad crap that goes along with it.

i am breathing better already for sure..... its noticable...............

as far as actually quitting everything?? im not sure i see that in my near future, but i could definitely see how this could be helpful for someone really looking to quit.

it saves me tons of money, im getting NO carcinogens and carbon monoxide, i breathe better, and i can smoke anywhere i want..... standing at the gas pump, walking through the frozen food aisle at the grocery store, in church :) wherever.

http://www.thesmokebot.com/

best of luck to you pic book, i'v smoked for years as well, been trying to quit since feb 1st and its not going well, nothings working though im down to a pk a day from 2. i guess at this point we just have to make up our mind and just stop smoking, easier said then done i know... the older i get the lower my willpower has become, i need something to jack my willpower and maybe then i will stop smoking completely. wish i had more but good luck to you.

To: my friend Q-tipper

My suggestion is to actually visit/volunteer at your local hospital and witness first-hand how lung cancer patients die.

I would not know all of this had I not witnessed first-hand(the most gruesome act I've ever seen a person go through in all of my life).

I see that another person BassManD took care of their mother. My heart goes out to you.

I did the same thing back in 1994. I was selling cars at a dealership in Metro-Detroit and got the okay from the sales manager to take a leave of absence, turned in my demo vehicle (as I had something else to drive...as it needed to be "for sale at all times"), and moved into my mother's home to oversee everything and help out with Hospice, etc...

Then, when I got back from her funeral in Texas (as she wanted to be buried down in Texas next to my father - had one funeral here and flew her body down there for another one) I found a certfied letter from that dealership telling me that I was fired.

I more than qualified for the time off due to a law called The Family Medical & Leave Act.

Mine was to be the very first case heard here in Michigan as relating to that law. But, I needed money badly so I settled out of court. My attorney later found out that the federal judge was going to rule in my favor. I even have a copy of the decision around here some where...But, I do take satisfaction that the dealership that fired me was one of the many Chrysler closed. So, there's not a Dodge dealership down on Gratiot a couple of miles south of 696 any longer.

Sorry to vent. Those sorry pieces of slimy green goose turds even fought me on my unemployment AFTER collecting the maximum amount of time. Thankfully, I won that hearing and didn't have to pay the money back.

I wish you success in your quest to stop smoking. I know it is difficult. But, the life you save will most likely be yours.

Mizerman

You have to want to quit , I smoke one pack a day , have tried to stop for ten years , but I was not ready to quit . you have to get your brain to want to , just keep thinking I have to stop, this is killing me with a slow and painful death . Have peeps around to help, if you have kids just think how nice it will be for you to be here and see your great grandson or granddaughter grow up. Don't try this alone you may fail, BUT DO NOT QUIT

QUITTING! Get some support ,and tell yourself I'm doing this for every one who loves me...... I have been going to the doctor and I'm ready to stop after forty five years... YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I've heard of amazing results from acupuncture. No cravings whatsoever after the treatment. I'm not sure I buy it, but that's what I've been told. I quit when they went up to $.35 a pack and I still occasionally get the urge.

Among heroin' addicts, about 3 percent rank the urge to smoke as equal to or stronger than the urge to take heroin. Among those addicted to alcohol, about 50 percent say the urge to smoke is at least as strong as the urge to drink. (Relative Addictiveness of Drugs)

This is link to a free e-course on quitting. It is sent to your email for 10 days.

Free E-course

Here is something to keep your mind focused.

ee49b6a44e67fd4df7f60f32769dbb07.jpg

I used Zyban and has been 11 years now since I quit.

When it come to quitting you should Never Quit Quitting!

Sooner or later one of these times are gonna work. And

when you do quit just wait until you can breath better, food smells

and tastes so much better you'll kick yourself for not trying sooner.

I've been smoking cigarettes 40 years now and next week it will be 41. Have tried to quit--hypnosis, counciling, Chantix, all over the past 3 years and I can't stop! (Although I am down from 3 packs a day to 'only' two). What worked for you? I'm in great health without problems, but how long can I be lucky? I really need to quit. Gotta go, time to light up...just can't stop.

Ok i can not say this will work for you..BUT it worked for me ,gf , and a cpl others i know..What we did is every time we wanted or thought we needed a Cig..We would roll a joint and smoke it..AND in time, like a few weeks we was done smoking..

Bb, i just picked up some 4mg gum :startle: i may have to cut these buggers in half, i could only chew it for a couple of min lol or maybe chew it with a stick of regular gum...... sure is strong.... meanwhile :cigar: i am soo effin weak when it comes to actually stoping :(

Every time you want a Cig..smoke a joint.

Guest finallyfree09

Every time you want a Cig..smoke a joint.

hey mayor... thats how i quit a long time ago. took about a month but MAN i was really high! it does work quite well though. i was able to quit for 4 years using that technique.

unfortunately, i sat down at the bar one night back in 2000 and had a long conversation with JIM BEAM and he convinced me that... i really needed a smoke. :lol: been smoking 2 packs a day ever since :notfair:

i want nothing more than to quit smoking. its the absolute WORST habit i have ever had besides chewing my nails (another habit that i have NEVER been able to break myself of). i need help too!

why is it that i can stop smoking cannabis at the drop of a hat and only go thru some grumpiness for a week or so but if i don't have a cig every half hour or so i can't do anything but dwell on wanting one? i mean... going without cigs is REALLY bad for everybody elses health with the way a person acts when they are trying to quit.

i may go back to the old tried and true method though mayor... smoke a jay every time i want a cig. worked once... it can work again.

to the original poster....

good luck quitting! i will try to quit with you but i can't promise anything.

Ok i can not say this will work for you..BUT it worked for me ,gf , and a cpl others i know..What we did is every time we wanted or thought we needed a Cig..We would roll a joint and smoke it..AND in time, like a few weeks we was done smoking..

That is precisely how Willie Nelson quit smoking

That so wouldn't work for me. I rate a cig after a joint as the third highest cig enjoyment level, right behind a cig after great sex & the first of the morning cig. I would say 75% of my smoking happens while driving so the spliff option wouldn't help me either.

Good luck quitting OP. I think I might try those patches. $7 a pack is so not worth it anymore.

in my sadness i will only say this today

i celebrated 11 months without a cig yesturday...

for me it was simple

make the desicion and stick to it.

the tools are only tools, they are not miracles.

simply make up your mind, and then your done. comitment is the pillar of healing....

i used a "e cig " for about 6 weeks then i was done for good this time...

Nicoderm.

Do not use those liquid nicotine e-cigs. The chemicals you put into your lungs from those is the equivalent of inhaling "anti-freeze".

I urge you to quit.

My mother was 58 years old when she was "all of the sudden" diagnosed with Stage IV cancer less than three months before she died.

Let me tell you that her final days I would not wish on anyone - not even those I despise. It got to the point that morphine shots did NOT deal with her pain.

Then, the Hospice nurses started mixing the liquid morphine into applesauce for her and that did not work either. Towards the very end, they were giving her liquid morphine by the tablespoon and that didn't adequately deal with the pain either.

She lapsed into a coma for the last two days of her life and she was in obvious pain and disomfort during that time as well.

I don't want to see ANYONE suffer like her ever again in my life.

What was tragic and sad and I couldn't argue with her on her deathbed was that she was still smoking and I even had to light the cigarrettes for her.

I know it is a terribly hard thing to try and quit. The minority of smokers don't die from lung cancer, but the majority do...and it isn't pretty.

If you have one free afternoon (or any free time slot in your week) ask your local hospital if you can volunteer in the section where lung cancer patients are dying. If you have to drive to Karmanos down in Detroit - do it.

As for vaporizing? Solabeirtan is correct. That IS the way to go. If the doctor who gave you your recommendation cared at all about your health, then he/she would have insisted you not smoke cannabis any more and only use it through a vaporizer.

Did you know that you can cook with the "duff" leftover from your vaporizer?

PM me and I'll share the recipe with you.

I consider everyone on this website part of my family and many are my friends and I don't want any of you dying from lung cancer...

Mizerman

no wonder those e-cigs taiste so bad! Thanks for sharing mize sorry to hear about this story! Im quitting smoking also, seems something always comes up to give me an excuse to smoke, but im not going to quit quitting,

Those ecigs IMO are for smokers to continue to smoke, where they cant smoke the real thing, I had some luck with the patches, I was down from 2 packs to about 5 a day, now im doing about 10, i also vape my weed, i havent tried to vape my tobaco, I role my own, and i dont roll one till im ready to smoke it, it makes it harder there not just there ready to lite, you gotta also kick that physical habbit of reaching for it!

Good luck

Peace

FTW

Jim

edit= i use all my duff from vaping, it still has good canabanoids in it, i use that and 1/3 to 1/4 of fresh and make brownies!

been smoking for 11 years, worst decision I have ever made...quit 3 times for extended periods of time, the longest of which was an entire year of not smoking.....I felt great, I was more active then one night went out and had a few drinks with some friends and thought a cig sounds good....that was 3 years ago and I am up to 1.5 packs a day now.....

I am in the process of setting up a time and place to quit, I am going to take a vacation and stay locked in my house for 1 week to avoid any outside influences and frustration....on the flip side, chantix I heard gives you super crazy lucid dreams, which I think I might like....

been smoking for 11 years, worst decision I have ever made...quit 3 times for extended periods of time, the longest of which was an entire year of not smoking.....I felt great, I was more active then one night went out and had a few drinks with some friends and thought a cig sounds good....that was 3 years ago and I am up to 1.5 packs a day now.....

I am in the process of setting up a time and place to quit, I am going to take a vacation and stay locked in my house for 1 week to avoid any outside influences and frustration....on the flip side, chantix I heard gives you super crazy lucid dreams, which I think I might like....

ur a freak! lol, yea i used to love the dreams the morph patches gave me, but i can live w/0 them,

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived