Do You Have Spider Mite ?

Tarzan, I’m happy to say once again you’ve came through, all mites are gone!!! Two of my plants didn’t make it, but they were too far gone by the time I talked to you. But now I have 4 huge healthy girls in flower , and 8 in veg all are mite free.

I also want to thank you for all that you and the club have done for my wife and I, I really can not put into words how grateful we are to you for opening your home and hearts to us, and for all the great people we have met through you and Jane. Your kindness reaches farther than you might think, I was able to help 2 new card holders with 4 healthy clones apiece because of your advice and help. Once again thank you for all that you’ve done for us, I don’t have room to list all of it, people like you and Jane are very rare. We hope to make another meeting soon and look forward to seeing everyone again.

Dave & Ginger

Your So Very Welcome " Dave & Ginger "

So Very Happy the Mite-Rid worked well for you ...

Thank You so very much for the kind words ...

One Act of Kindness at a Time ...

Its been a Blessing meeting Good folks like You and your Wife ... :bighug:

Thanks for helping others ...

Ive been So Busy around here that i've not had much extra time

to get out here as much as i 'd like , But Im not giving up ...

May You , your wife , family , friends and Everyone else

have a Happy Easter Week-end ...

Tarzan & Jane

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

well doc...

after applying the whole bottle...to the point of major saturation each time...six treatments...thumbsd.gif

mites are now worse than Ive ever seen them....after mite rid treatment they seem to disapear...only to reappear a week or so later stronger and more plentiful.

i ordered a bottle of plant vitality plus from overseas...my "mentor" told me he has had much sucsess with this product. he sees a mite maybe once or twice a year and zaps them right away with this stuff....

Ive had it with the bass turds.growl.gif

they are not easy to git rid of....

after going to my nieces for her HS graduation and being gone for 4 days...today i got to see the babies...webs all over maybe 1/4 to 1/2 the plants now..and i can see mites running everywhere....a major, major progression...i am so bummed. i used the last of the mite rid wed before i left and i expected them to at least be under control....nope they drank that stuff up and begged me for more..so tonight i am removing all plants...bleaching...spraying..clipping...and hand treating each leaf with this plant vitality plus.

tonight i pray :bow:

I'm in for a long one....i'll try to snap some photos..pic.gif.

peace..

and thanks for the try...i hoped it would work but they don't seem to be bothered much by the mite rid. maybe they are a tuff breed of super-mites LOL

I'll be c-in ya :D

hey, when's your next public meeting? is it this week? tomorrow? or next week?

i want to make it there..

thanks brah

peas

Well... I don't Know ?

But ... I am willing to bet $500 Cash ...

Bring me one of those Web infested Girls ...

Give me 2 - 4 weeks and they 'll be totally

gone and in my Veg Room Growing w/ my other plants ...

Im not sure when the next meeting is over there ?

Last i knew they were under fire ... and

Was'nt sure what to do ?

Long Time No Hear .... Good Hearing from you " mibrains "

other then the problem w/ Mites ...

You Might talk to Shedder ,

He says he has something that works better then " Mite-Rid "

or the " No Spider Mites "

Well... I don't Know ?

But ... I am willing to bet $500 Cash ...

Bring me one of those Web infested Girls ...

Give me 2 - 4 weeks and they 'll be totally

gone and in my Veg Room Growing w/ my other plants ...

Im not sure when the next meeting is over there ?

Last i knew they were under fire ... and

Was'nt sure what to do ?

Long Time No Hear .... Good Hearing from you " mibrains "

other then the problem w/ Mites ...

You Might talk to Shedder ,

He says he has something that works better then " Mite-Rid "

or the " No Spider Mites "

no worries doc.

i am happy with the effort. like i said im not sure why, but they have gotten progressivly worse since i started the treatments. tonight i clipped all the web covered fan leaves soaked them top to bottom with the plant vitality plus, bleached the room, broke everything down in there and bug bombed and in 4-5 hrs ill put the girls back in there after i bleach everything again and pray it works.

say a prayer for me...i seem to have found the resistant strain..but...i'll tell you what doc, if this dosnt work i will happily donate one for a picture effort and see if they can't be licked. i'll warn ya though....to purposly introduce these particular devils to your room might be a bad idea....im not sure how many differant breeds of mites there are but these litte pests are quite resistant.

i only came in here to update you on the mites. i still have mad respect for you my friend, but i am EXTREMLY LEARY of the staff around here....i know you like to keep track on the progress or lack there of with the treatments....and insure people get the help they need. unfortunantly unless i did something wrong (followed your instructions to the letter), these chitters are gol darned stinkin crud filled boogers to deal with....

i'll b c-in ya..

hey

whens your next meeting?

i'll come c u if i'm not workin myself crazy...

peace.

my friend.

thanks for everything you have, and probably will do for me. your a true spirited trooper and from every single personal experiance i've had with you, i know you are a true compassionate person.

It is with great sadness I took and chopped down my rocklock that had been vegging since november. It was believe the hiding spot for the mites it was just so large I could not seem to get them all. I saw a bunch munching in my sour d in flower luckly it is a rather lanky plant easy to house down. The rocklock would have been a mamoth yeild just didnt have the money to get the extra hps bulb and had other to flower. So with sadness I cut her down. I am not growing her anymore the 707 headband and sour d are good for now got them dialed in well.

" mibrains " How many plants are you treating ?

I appreciate your honesty ... Not sure what is going on ?

But i hate LOOSING ... Especially when it comes to Bugs ...

Those Nasty Critters give me the HEE-BEE-GEE-BEES

Our Next Open Public Meeting is June 21st ,2011 7-9 pm

Hope seeing you there ...

I did'nt take anything you said the wrong way ...

I just can't figure out why there is SO MUCH MIS-TRUST ?

It's So Sad ... I even see it and feel this at Compassion Clubs ...

It's Distroying the Complete Movement ...

You can See it ... It is So Sad ...

I've worked So hard w/ our Compassion Club ...

and even this Site to see how easy it is for a hand-full

of people distroy months of hard work in days ...

All i can say is that I'll ride this as long as i can...

or at least till it starts effecting me Emotionally ,

then Im Done ... I go Back to my PRIVATE WORLD and it

will be a sad Day for those that really need someone that

really cares ...

Have a Great Night in the Jungle

:bighug: Tarzan

• 1 month later...

haven't read through much of this thread but why arnt people in here using neem oil for not only killing infestations but also as a preventive. it works great !! best thing about it is that they dont like the taste of neem so they dont want to bite it and when they do they die. when they lay eggs the hatchlings eat the neem, cant mature to lay eggs so they just die. mites gone. end of story. there is really no need for nothing else. and when you feed it to the plant monthly by watering with it, the plant absorbs the neem and has a defense against them so they move on. love the stuff !!

• 9 months later...

Here in ne washington ALL the normal treatments do not work just using one. The 2 spotted mite is natural here so infestations are common in and outdoors. I use Avid and Malathion during VEG ONLY and i have also found that a shop vac does a great job of removing bugs in Veg stage ONLY! During flower i will use a dilution of apple juice and water and spray the undersides of leaves everyother day to keep the population down. I grow od in dirt so i will always have mites, its just keeping them down to a minimum level thats the trick.

• 1 year later...

I don't have spjder mites and ive read here of those having problems and done lots of research and have found that diatomaceous earth (the food based brand NOT the type for pools) works on crawling insects. Just google (using diatomaceous earth on marinuana plants) we have used it around the house around 4 animal its organic and great with my plants and the envirnment ..hope I could help those who struggle with these pesky critters.. I live in Sturgis and bugs are not bad even with me living in a farm house with 190 acres of farm around me...I hope I could help with what's worked for me and many...

Posted Yesterday, 07:14 PM

I don't have spjder mites and ive read here of those having problems and done lots of research and have found that diatomaceous earth (the food based brand NOT the type for pools) works on crawling insects. Just google (using diatomaceous earth on marinuana plants) we have used it around the house around 4 animal its organic and great with my plants and the envirnment ..hope I could help those who struggle with these pesky critters.. I live in Sturgis and bugs are not bad even with me living in a farm house with 190 acres of farm around me...I hope I could help with what's worked for me and many...

• 1 year later...

Hello, I seen your post. I have an indoor grow room that I built to be basically as clean as a surgical room running hydroponics with a very stern water treatment method to make sure nothing but good stuff is flowing around at 67'F in the water. I use 2 1k hps lights and have my intake and exhaust both on the same 6 inch metal vent pipe using Y fittings at both ends. I have a 750 CFM inline fan AFTER the two lights and on the exhaust end of the tube I have another 750 CFM at the end in a Y fitting exhausting both the room and lights out one pipe. I also created another 7" intake giving myself a total of 13 inches of intake to 6 inches of 750 CFM exhaust with a 36" carbon filter muffler at the very end before going outside. The room is only 7'X7'x9' so the positive air exchange is awesome. Hepa filters on both intakes with just bug screening on the exhaust. I STILL SOMEHOW GOT SPIDER MITES and am looking to try something new to add to my rotation. I will post my entire grow journal with pictures if you'd like. But I'm very interested in trying some out!

Have you ever invited a clone or even another person into the garden?

I never did, and I never got mites.  My doors are open without care, my dog is welcome, and my chickens often are caught fussing in the new dirt, since forever.

Everyone else I know suffers form mites, so I avoid them, and their clones. :dodgyrun:

that area of yours will be cheap enough to saturate with c02, displacing the oxygen in the room, and asphyxiating any living pest in the room.

Do I a couple times over a few days for best sleep. I've assisted others with this and believe me, no spider can survive in your room without oxygen.

Edited by grassmatch

Have you ever invited a clone or even another person into the garden?

I never did, and I never got mites.  My doors are open without care, my dog is welcome, and my chickens often are caught fussing in the new dirt, since forever.

Everyone else I know suffers form mites, so I avoid them, and their clones. :dodgyrun:

that area of yours will be cheap enough to saturate with c02, displacing the oxygen in the room, and asphyxiating any living pest in the room.

Do I a couple times over a few days for best sleep. I've assisted others with this and believe me, no spider can survive in your room without oxygen.

That's the thing, I never let anyone in the room. Nobody knows its there. I turned a spare room into what now is a closet has a spring loaded push button latch. I even put fridge / freezer seals I scored for free at a scrap yard on the touching edges of the fake wall to make it light & air proof as possible. The only thing I can think of is I did walk through and look at a very large grow room which was basically the basement of a large house. I guess it wasn't enough to change shoes and clothes to a $10 pair of Kmart kicks and a cheap painters suit $7. I guess they might of got in that way. Thanks for the idea, I was thinking of using ozone but the co2 should be perfect. Hey btw, I have a large amount of carbonated water. It's simply carbonated distilled water, nothing else. Any idea on how I can get that co2 into the room

you didn't mention clones? did you ever bring in plant material into the room, like even someone elses bud, clones, cuttings, etc?

If not you will be the first of thousands I've asked the same question, to be infected with the borg. I live on a farm, raise hundreds of rabbits and chickens/ducks for food

every year, rub elbows at the grow store, leave grow store dirt laying on the dirt floor of my barn waiting to be used, cut five acres of lawn weekly and even store the rototiller, driveway groomer, and even the lawn mower deck right by that dirt, since 2008. no mites here, ever.   gnats=once yearly, aphids=once, spiders=many, thrips=every couple years.....all eradicated with c02.

you'll need to math measure the amount of c02 needed to bring your space to 10k ppm c02 or higher. A cheap bottle of c02 is the trick for you, but do the math if you don't have a c02 meter. over kill the c02 to make up for leaks. turn off ventilation. fill the room before lights out.  you wont be able to use the carbonated water for much but cocktails.

may I ask the need for large amounts of carbonated water? just curious is all

use monterey garden killer, its organic  it works if you use it right..

New! Monterey Garden Insect Spray

Made From Naturally Occurring Bacteria

Monterey Garden Insect Spray's active ingredient is Spinosade, a relatively new environmentally-friendly insect killer from naturally occurring bacteria produced by fermentation. It can be used on vegetables, fruit trees, outdoor ornamentals, lawns, etc. to control caterpillars, leaf miner, thrips, borers, Colorado potato beetles, corn bores, sod webworms, armyworms, sawflies, and many more. OMRI® listed and compliant for use in organic gardening.

http://www.gardenersedge.com/monterey-garden-insect-spray-16-oz-concentrate/p/vp-gis/?kc=geshop15n&mkwid=sg2vsL5lS|dc&pcrid=60345006056&pkw=&pmt=&plc=&kc=&gclid=Cj0KEQjwrdetBRCJg92s44SB77IBEiQAEIWmVe8eZjpwfuLCFEMOo4wkw_fvcXL2NXG2_DIwnFX7Pw8aAu6D8P8HAQ

•  

you didn't mention clones? did you ever bring in plant material into the room, like even someone elses bud, clones, cuttings, etc?

If not you will be the first of thousands I've asked the same question, to be infected with the borg. I live on a farm, raise hundreds of rabbits and chickens/ducks for food

every year, rub elbows at the grow store, leave grow store dirt laying on the dirt floor of my barn waiting to be used, cut five acres of lawn weekly and even store the rototiller, driveway groomer, and even the lawn mower deck right by that dirt, since 2008. no mites here, ever.   gnats=once yearly, aphids=once, spiders=many, thrips=every couple years.....all eradicated with c02.

you'll need to math measure the amount of c02 needed to bring your space to 10k ppm c02 or higher. A cheap bottle of c02 is the trick for you, but do the math if you don't have a c02 meter. over kill the c02 to make up for leaks. turn off ventilation. fill the room before lights out.  you wont be able to use the carbonated water for much but cocktails.

may I ask the need for large amounts of carbonated water? just curious is all

You nailed it bro, I took one singular clone from someone because of the strain right. It was in soil, I laced the soil with Protekt for a week in a home made air pot and then rinsed the roots & dropped it into my RDWC ring. BUT, I never rinsed the whole plant, just the roots. Since in ten years of indoor, I've never had mites either. Once I read your reply I thought about it and totally forgot how those little gentlemen hang out and thrive on the bottom parts of the leaves. I'm going to trash the whole room, CO2 everything to death like you said. I have a couple CO2 detectors that beep when levels are poisonous throughout my place. If I bottle the room thick will it kill just the mites or you think I should just use a couple of those SOP tapes? The plants just seem tainted to me now. lol

Yeah about that CO2 laced water, well a friend of mine works down the street at 711 on 3rd shift. Well one of her jobs when they put in a new C02 system was to run the lines clean I guess. She did it without any of the syrup boxes connected so after the first few seconds she was just wasting carbonated water. So I figured all that C02 mixed with culligan filtered water (idk how good their filter system is) could find a use somewhere. So I took four five gallon buckets that were new and clean with lids and filled them. I'm one of those people who hates to waste and figured eventually I might find a use for it. If not it was free. Just seems like a lot of C02 going to waste. Thanks for the reply

use monterey garden killer, its organic  it works if you use it right..

New! Monterey Garden Insect Spray

Made From Naturally Occurring Bacteria

Monterey Garden Insect Spray's active ingredient is Spinosade, a relatively new environmentally-friendly insect killer from naturally occurring bacteria produced by fermentation. It can be used on vegetables, fruit trees, outdoor ornamentals, lawns, etc. to control caterpillars, leaf miner, thrips, borers, Colorado potato beetles, corn bores, sod webworms, armyworms, sawflies, and many more. OMRI® listed and compliant for use in organic gardening.

http://www.gardenersedge.com/monterey-garden-insect-spray-16-oz-concentrate/p/vp-gis/?kc=geshop15n&mkwid=sg2vsL5lS|dc&pcrid=60345006056&pkw=&pmt=&plc=&kc=&gclid=Cj0KEQjwrdetBRCJg92s44SB77IBEiQAEIWmVe8eZjpwfuLCFEMOo4wkw_fvcXL2NXG2_DIwnFX7Pw8aAu6D8P8HAQ

•  

Thanks for the info, hey BTW have either of you guys are seen that guys info who sells seeds on here named xxxxx? His email address was right in an email message I got from this website. I just ask because the dude said he was based in Maryland and wanted $10 a seed, wouldn't answer any questions about if they were feminized, every reply he just kept asking how many I wanted, when I asked if he had a list he just gave me a dozen common names. Just wondering if anyone here has messed w or knows him. Told him I wanted a dozen, he said $120 plus $20 for guaranteed shipping or something like that. I never replied after that, I can get beans that come in their original packaging from Barney's for less with all kinds of freebies if I spend $120. Plus why would anyone in the USA be worried about shipping? Once it's in country your all good right? idk, figured I'd ask because when I posted this question as a new topic on this MMA site it was gone the next day..

mailing cannabis is frowned upon, as is seeds. Postal regs, federal scheduling, blah blah

If the ppm of c02 is not 10k or higher your c02 will fail. Dangerous levels may be beeped before that point, and I don't want you walking away poh poohing the c02 when it doesn't work for you. There are calculators available online to figure out exactly what amount of c02 you will need to fill your space properly.  good luck.

Edited by grassmatch

You nailed it bro, I took one singular clone from someone because of the strain right.

Ding Ding Ding!

I've broken all of the bio safety rules except this one and never saw a mite.

Luck? maybe. those mites are all over the place on the outdoor farm I suspect, yet they're not interested in my garden. I work an outdoor garden most days,

haul hay to and from chicken coops, clean rabbit cages, harvest vegetables, rototill, process game meat, walk wooded trails, play with my jack russel non stop,

loiter at the grow store, leave my new and old dirt exposed to the outdoors, and even nursed a wild deer born in the front yard......not a single mite cared about my cannabis garden so far. I do chores in the cannabis garden first, with a showered clean clothed body, then the farm chores. All of my gardening equipment is stored only feet away from the door to the grow rooms. It gets hosed down after use. No air inlets, no hepa filters, no sprays, no mites.

If the right cut came my way I wouldn't be afraid of introducing it to the garden today. after it was refrigerated/submerged in water over night,  and bagged/c02 the next day. I store cuttings in a bag in the fridge for two weeks before they get soft with no issues.

I've honestly only seen mites on a plant one time in my home/garden. They were flourishing on a Meijer  herb plant in the kitchen.

I pulled the plant, rinsed the dirt off with as many of the mites I could see, soaked the plant in a bowl of ice water in the fridge over night.

I grew inside my home at that time and moved the once infected rosemary twigs into my flowering tent. Its been growing since 2009 in my new rooms

about the size of a basketball and was recently transplanted outdoors permanently.   I've seen mites in other cannabis gardens, but none ever in a garden that

didn't invite an infected stranger in.

Mites are everywhere. They only become a problem when all the predators that eat them are gone. They will search out a sanctuary where there are no predators. There are not many places like that. Everyone with an indoor grow has 'heaven on Earth' for mites. They can crawl for long distances and creep through small cracks that you wouldn't even know are there. They don't always need help to find heaven. They can find it all on their own. Nature has a way of showing you who is boss. Mites are a lesson that you cannot predict everything and you must always be ready for the unexpected. There is not a single grow that is safe from mites. None. To think otherwise is just setting yourself up for unexpected failure.