Travelling With Clones!

ERIC B. EAZY

If i were to put clones in a cup with a little water in the bottom will they be okay for a day these will be freshly cut clones. and after they arrive at there destinationwhat would be the proper method to get them started. they will be traveling in a fast food resterant cup about 5 or 6 in one cup for about 6 hour trip. any advice will be appreciated

B. EAZY

This is from another site. If you do this they will keep for a few weeks. You could do the same with a cooler I imagine.

1) Take cuttings as you normally would, but with the one addition of leaving a longer stem, as you will be trimming this down further by at least half an inch when it is time to root them.

2) Place cuttings in a Ziploc bag (Tupperware can be used also.)There should be enough water in the bottom of the bag so that the stems are submerged. RO or good quality tap water should be fine. An inch or two should be in the bottom of the bag, keeping the stems wet.

Breathe some air into the bag, mainly so as not to crush the leaves and provide some cushion as they may get bumped about in the crisper drawer.

**Another variation on this is to simply put the cuttings in a water glass or jar (an ice cream bucket works well too -> basically, wide and shallow containers) and have them sit on the shelf in the fridge (stems also in water). This may or may not be convenient or stealthy for you.

3) I would recommend that you replace the air and water in the bag once a week. I have typically not bothered to replace the air or water at all for up to four weeks, but I continually come across this information and it seems like it cant hurt.

4) When you decide it is time to use your cuttings, remove them from the fridge and let them sit with their stems in a glass of water for half an hour or so to warm up as you prepare your cloning materials.

5) Cut half an inch or more off the stem to make a fresh end that you will dip in your favorite rooting hormome or rooting medium. I have found that fridge clones, if let to sit longer than a few weeks, will take longer to root.

This is fine for most since many are buying time with this method anyway. Clones older than 2 weeks will usually begin to root in 10 days and are mostly established by 14 days.

*Be sure that your fridge does not have a tendency to freeze your food. It should be stable. If your clones freeze, they will die. Happy Cloning.

as long as your mother plant is good, 6 hours is OK just as long as the stem tip is under water so no air moves into the stem....try a 7/11 and grab a couple small slurpee cups... not only are the lids domed and clear there is a whole for fresh air, 4 of those cups in a drink holder 1 inch of water on the bottom, find a box that fits snug to hold the drink holder...you are all set buddy...

hmmmmmmmmm....maybe I should invent the clone caddy?????? perfect for situation like this.....

Well I have brought a few people from the board clones of my plants ziplock freezer bag blown up alittle like a balloon and either locked in the trunk or in a storage compartment. But heck if it just cuts freezer baggie with water and place in trunk. Enclosed and locked done and done. Besides make sure there is no reason to pull you over. When taking anything anywhere I drive 2 miles and hour or so over limit and try to stick with traffic.

Ha! Thats funny ODAWADANNY. I was going to see the Dead a few years back. Right before we exited the highway they had cops at every toll booth trying to shake everyone down that was going to the show. Needless to say everyone in the car ate everything they had on em! lol

Archived