Need Your Help

CCase123

I live in michigan and recently got pulled over by the police and had over the legal limit. The cops took my medical marijuana permit and gave me a ticket for possession of over 2.5 ounces. I went to court a couple of days ago for the possession charge and my lawyer got the charge completely dropped,totally off my record, but had no idea about what happened with the medical marijuana permit. We tried asking numerous people, but no one knew the answer. The cops took my actual permit like i said, so i currently dont have the permit, but i do have all my paper permit information, which should be just as good. My question is if the charges were completely dropped, not on my record at all, then shouldnt i still be able to possess marijuana? The medical marijuana board has never sent me any information about this at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated seeing as i've tried for days to figure this out with no clue as to what the answer is. Also, is their a place where you can see if your medical marijuana card is still valid or not? Thank you.

You should have your card and meds returned. I would also ask for a letter of apology. Your card is still valid and can be replaced for $10 I believe. I would keep bugging them until they coughed it up.

My bad I missed the over part[read it as 2.5 oz]. I don't know about this one. Why did they drop the charges.

You should have your card and meds returned. I would also ask for a letter of apology. Your card is still valid and can be replaced for $10 I believe. I would keep bugging them until they coughed it up.

My bad I missed the over part[read it as 2.5 oz]. I don't know about this one. Why did they drop the charges.

lawyer was good friends with the prosecutor..lol

I live in michigan and recently got pulled over by the police and had over the legal limit. The cops took my medical marijuana permit and gave me a ticket for possession of over 2.5 ounces. I went to court a couple of days ago for the possession charge and my lawyer got the charge completely dropped,totally off my record, but had no idea about what happened with the medical marijuana permit. We tried asking numerous people, but no one knew the answer. The cops took my actual permit like i said, so i currently dont have the permit, but i do have all my paper permit information, which should be just as good. My question is if the charges were completely dropped, not on my record at all, then shouldnt i still be able to possess marijuana? The medical marijuana board has never sent me any information about this at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated seeing as i've tried for days to figure this out with no clue as to what the answer is. Also, is their a place where you can see if your medical marijuana card is still valid or not? Thank you.

IMHO if the charges are dropped then...they are dropped. Go on with our life. You don't have your permit? I assume they took your card? You might try to get a care reissued from MDCH but it will probably be time to renew by the time they get to it..

Charges dropped over the limit probably means you don't get your stuff back I reckon. :growl:

Archived