My Allergist Won't Make Allergy Serum With My Medical Mariuana

I have been getting allergy shots for years now. They work absolutely GREAT but I need to get injections every week or so or the allergies return- and it has been almost 15 years. Before my beloved Brittany died my allergist even custom made the serum for my dogs using her own hair (the dog hair not the allergist :rolleyes:).

So today I had a follow up with her (the allergist not the dog :rolleyes:) and asked about this chronic sinusitis, stuffy nose, and sinus infection that has been killing me all this winter. Being an excellent doctor she asked me if anybody in the house smoked. :sword:

Uh oh. :rock:

We talked about my medical marijuana status etc and I finally asked her about mixing in some cannabis into my allergy serum. I thought it was a splendid idea. :goodjob:

Unfortunately she reminded me that possession is still a federal crime and so was not legal for her (or her staff- as far as SHE knows anyway) and certainly making any allergy preparation would be way outside what she would be willing to do.

Has anybody ever heard about such an idea? Are there any allergists who might consider mixing in some custom made 'grass' for my allergy serum. I already have all the standard dust, weeds, grasses, and molds in the serum and respond very well to the shots but like I said it only lasts a week or two before it gets bad again. I bet it would be much more effective with the GRASS I am regularly exposing myself too.

Discussion or suggestions?

has this doctor ever let u take yr serum home,if so just add it yourself,,,like ifu were going ona vacation for awhileand had to take it with u and doit yourself

I have been getting allergy shots for years now. They work absolutely GREAT but I need to get injections every week or so or the allergies return- and it has been almost 15 years. Before my beloved Brittany died my allergist even custom made the serum for my dogs using her own hair (the dog hair not the allergist :rolleyes:).

So today I had a follow up with her (the allergist not the dog :rolleyes:) and asked about this chronic sinusitis, stuffy nose, and sinus infection that has been killing me all this winter. Being an excellent doctor she asked me if anybody in the house smoked. :sword:

Uh oh. :rock:

We talked about my medical marijuana status etc and I finally asked her about mixing in some cannabis into my allergy serum. I thought it was a splendid idea. :goodjob:

Unfortunately she reminded me that possession is still a federal crime and so was not legal for her (or her staff- as far as SHE knows anyway) and certainly making any allergy preparation would be way outside what she would be willing to do.

Has anybody ever heard about such an idea? Are there any allergists who might consider mixing in some custom made 'grass' for my allergy serum. I already have all the standard dust, weeds, grasses, and molds in the serum and respond very well to the shots but like I said it only lasts a week or two before it gets bad again. I bet it would be much more effective with the GRASS I am regularly exposing myself too.

Discussion or suggestions?

Doctors cannot provide, nor tell a patient where their may be able to acquire. For the doctor to take your cannabis, mix it, then give the mixture to you, would be the doctor providing you with cannabis. First see if this serum is something that can some how be mixed as you want, and then see if the serum is something that can be taken home.

has this doctor ever let u take yr serum home,if so just add it yourself,,,like ifu were going ona vacation for awhileand had to take it with u and doit yourself

Whew, I want some of the stuff you have. :thumbsu:

Anyway, yep I take the serum home and inject myself (needle in one hand, epipen in the other).

The problem is I am not sure what I am mixing. The standard Serum is VERY concentrated with all the grasses, molds etc reduced to the specific protein that triggers the allergy and I only inject .5 CC. I am pretty sure it is not as simple as putting some old leaf in a blender with some saline solution.

As was suggested I think the allergy issue is the pollen in the flowers- yes I know the male flowers produce the pollen but even with sensimilla there is some there- and the female flowers probably has the same protein that so many people are sensitive to anyway). There is probably some way to concentrate and/or synthesize those specific proteins for the serum but, obviously, that is a couple of graduate classes ahead of my educational level.

Maybe I will try to mix up a batch of old leaf in a blender so I can inject a couple CC's in my other arm. I will have to get really baked and will just make sure it is isotonic!) <_< .

DON'T INJECT YOURSELF WITH STUFF YOU MAKE AT HOME

have someone who knows what they're doing do it for you; someone with the proper equipment.

i don't know much about this, but i'm sure they're not putting the actual animal hair (or whatever the serum is to treat) into the serum, but an "anti" agent that is effective against it. also, you don't have the capability of making it and keeping your stuff sterile.

Archived