Niles Man Gets Probation On Medical Marijuana ‘Technicality’

hofner67

http://www.nilesstar.com/2011/02/25/niles-man-gets-probation-on-medical-marijuana-%E2%80%98technicality%E2%80%99/

CASSOPOLIS — A Niles man with a medical marijuana card will serve a two-year probation sentence for storing his plants in the wrong place.

Jason Kurz, 27, will spend the first 60 days of the probation on tether, he learned at his sentencing Friday in Cass County Circuit Court.

In June 2010, Edwardsburg police officers came to Kurz’s home on Huntly Road in Niles on a tip that fugitives may have been staying there. When they conducted a search, they found unsecured marijuana in his closet.

According to Michigan law, medical marijuana card holders can grow up to 12 plants in a secured facility.

Kurz took responsibility for the mistake, but still called it a “technicality.”

Prosecutor Victor Fitz pointed to Kurz’s 11 criminal convictions on his record — most of them related to drugs.

“A message needs to be sent: If you have a card, you have to comply,” Fitz said.

Man, what an awful and unjust way to get a felony and get dragged through court and all that goes with it. Its really scary that inside your house and in a closet is not considered locked and enclosed. And that someone would actually convict someone of such an thing. Have they no decency? I am disgusted and fearful.

dont surprise me! this guy hasnt had luck legal or illegal!

"Prosecutor Victor Fitz pointed to Kurz’s 11 criminal convictions on his record — most of them related to drugs

He is 27 yrs old, and 11 convictions drug related (which all could be pot sales)

Your record speaks for itself, when your in front of that judge, if he already had time to veiw your record, it dont matter what you do your guilty!

he is actualy lucky he only got probation! no i dont think any one should go to jail for weed, but on the other hand when you choose to grow and associate with fugitves what do you expect?

but my question is was the fugitves found there or just the grow? and how many plants did he have?

peace

We were worried that our main speaker wouldn't be able to make it tonight. But, fortunately, due to a hole in the prosecution's case . . .Probation is just as bad as jail for sick human being!

http://www.nilesstar.com/2011/02/25/niles-man-gets-probation-on-medical-marijuana-%E2%80%98technicality%E2%80%99/

CASSOPOLIS — A Niles man with a medical marijuana card will serve a two-year probation sentence for storing his plants in the wrong place.

Jason Kurz, 27, will spend the first 60 days of the probation on tether, he learned at his sentencing Friday in Cass County Circuit Court.

In June 2010, Edwardsburg police officers came to Kurz’s home on Huntly Road in Niles on a tip that fugitives may have been staying there. When they conducted a search, they found unsecured marijuana in his closet.

According to Michigan law, medical marijuana card holders can grow up to 12 plants in a secured facility.

Kurz took responsibility for the mistake, but still called it a “technicality.”

Prosecutor Victor Fitz pointed to Kurz’s 11 criminal convictions on his record — most of them related to drugs.

“A message needs to be sent: If you have a card, you have to comply,” Fitz said.

Talk about planting a poison seed! Was he self medicating because like us, he knows the truth about cannabis! And about US complying! LEO and courts need to comply.

Good Health

Ed

If you have a 'felony' on your record don't be surprised if LEO knocks on your door once in a while.

Don't forget for a lot of LEOs (not all I'm sure, at least I'd like to be able to believe that) a 'bust' is a bust' and a 'quick' bust is even better.

But I certainly agree, what chicken manure thing to 'bust' someone on.

If you have a 'felony' on your record don't be surprised if LEO knocks on your door once in a while.

Don't forget for a lot of LEOs (not all I'm sure, at least I'd like to be able to believe that) a 'bust' is a bust' and a 'quick' bust is even better.

But I certainly agree, what chicken manure thing to 'bust' someone on.

maybe this is their way to get the tax $ they need to keep running it is sad

Here we go again , I have to say I have been to many Caregivers Homes as well as Patients and guess what ? Most had there Grow room unlocked !!!!!!! Sure there were locks on the door but the door was open 9 out of ten times for air circulation or ease of entrance while maintaining or during short visits . And again how is a locked house not a locked facility .Are we to lock our meds up in the room as well ?I really think that the way the state is busting down on anybody and everbody over the stupidest irelevant crapola is beyond ridiculous . They should be taking the time to bust down the Meth Labs and investing into rehab for the ones who get stuck using vicious addicting drugs . Nope now we have a state thats going to hell in every way and on top of it the Courts are wasting our tax money on this all . I guess the old saying is true , It takes only one rotten apple to spoil it all !!!

Them words underlined are pretty much it! in answer to do you have to lock your meds also? Yes legaly! you know thats funny most c.g's homes i have been to have there rooms all over the house not locked anywhere but the main doors to the house, well id say if you live alone that is legal, if you share a home you are both patients you cant keep your meds together, if one person says thats my dresser and they find 5 zips in there your over!

Yea its a way for L. E to keep getting money from us! all laws get broken, why is it national news when its a lil personal grow? I mean one catholic priest rapes a child and their all bad? (not a good example lol) scratch that! or ok yea i dont trust any one em!

Im thinking we are going to hear a whole lot more in this story! It can not be the whole story!

Peace

Sounds Like he was his own worst witness, "he took responsibility for the 'mistake'. " A House covers the requirement of locked, enclosed and covered gro.

Obviously he was feeling a little guilty, maybe they missed something(not likeley). He definitley doesn;t understand the Law or how to use the AD. imho Thats when it's usually in your best interest to get some Professional help, Like a Lawyer.

Ahhhh I get it he was on a budget, still ....

Archived