If I Had To Narrow It Down, What Should I Run ?

Budz-4-U

Up to seven strains now, and I'm thinking I have too many. I'll admit to being a kid in the candy store !!

My current list: White Widow, Stinky Widow, Space Crush, Sharks Breath, Blue Hash, Master Kush Ultra, and N.L. #5.

I think that maybe my main meds I produce should be more of a higher yielding strain. Maybe more of a main cola, commercial. type strain.

Then, maybe keep my Master Kush Ultra, and either the Stinky Widow or White Widow. I am a hoader, and I want them all !! LOL

Some of my strains are not heavy yielders, and are more about the quality, taste, aroma, aftertaste......... etc.

So, to get to the real question, what strain is the best for yield in a small space ? I have two 600 w. hoods, and a plastic tray under each one.

I have them in a 3 X 3 formation under each light. Nine per light. This is due to the fact they are a bit "shrubby".

I could flower a narrower plant in a 4 X 4 plant formation, under each light. This is using 3 gallon square pots. Could go from 18 plants in flower, to a max of 32, in flower.

I just got the N.L. #5, and was told that might be the one to go with. Another idea I had was to run one tray in a 3 X 3 plant formation, and the other in a 4 X 4 plant formation.

That way, I could have a tray of each. Shrubs and commercial. Thanks to all the serious responses. :-)

I like to do 12-16 plants per 1K. I've grown bushy plants and single cola plants. They all seem to work ok. The floor area I usually allow per 1K lamp is about 4x5 and I use a light rail lamp mover. The mover only moves 1 foot tops each way from center so the max distance of total travel is about 2 feet. This helps spread the light around and deaden the dreaded "hot spots".

Light diffusers also help spread the light out more evenly.

Space crush got it's name partially from how tight the branches stay to the main stalk. They don't reach out there and 12 plants per 1K lamp works out fine. You can expect to get between 1.5 - 1.75 lbs from 12 plants under a single 1K HPS with pl[ants grown in "5 square pots" (often called 5 gallon nursery pots).

I usually put the plants in the flower room at about 12-18 inches so they are about 3 feet tall when finished. The grow looks similar to SOG when it fills in and I usually have to stake the plants. Space Crush is MUST stake/support plant. The buds get way too heavy for the limber branches and stalk.

Here is a pic of a space crush grow, think there are 14 plants in there.

space-crush.jpg

I use the same basic grow method on about everything I grow and do quite well.

Well Budz, great progress here -- the first step is admitting you have a problem!

The only strain in your collection I've run is White Widow, the same cut you have (of course ...). I've had it yield less than the diesel strain that's been the mainstay in my garden. That may be due to my feeding regimen, though. The Widow has seemed more sensitive and less tolerant of my light feeding and low ppm habits.

My last run had a few Widows that yielded well, though, so maybe there's hope. I finally switched up my feeding routine and began giving them the additional nutes they were asking for.

I'm just starting to flower that Stinky Widow, so don't know about my yield there. That's certainly a much bushier plant than I'm used to, they look like 3 foot spheres going into flower -- 3 feet high and 3 feet wide!

Thanks for the feedback !!

Had some Grand Daddy Purps and Original Cheese, today.

First thing I think of, "Man, I have to get a cutting of those" LOL

When I first watched the TV show about "hoarders", I didn't know I was one. LOL

So, now I need to do something. Wah Wah Wah. I hate change !!

Up to seven strains now, and I'm thinking I have too many. I'll admit to being a kid in the candy store !!

My current list: White Widow, Stinky Widow, Space Crush, Sharks Breath, Blue Hash, Master Kush Ultra, and N.L. #5.

I think that maybe my main meds I produce should be more of a higher yielding strain. Maybe more of a main cola, commercial. type strain.

Then, maybe keep my Master Kush Ultra, and either the Stinky Widow or White Widow. I am a hoader, and I want them all !! LOL

Some of my strains are not heavy yielders, and are more about the quality, taste, aroma, aftertaste......... etc.

So, to get to the real question, what strain is the best for yield in a small space ? I have two 600 w. hoods, and a plastic tray under each one.

I have them in a 3 X 3 formation under each light. Nine per light. This is due to the fact they are a bit "shrubby".

I could flower a narrower plant in a 4 X 4 plant formation, under each light. This is using 3 gallon square pots. Could go from 18 plants in flower, to a max of 32, in flower.

I just got the N.L. #5, and was told that might be the one to go with. Another idea I had was to run one tray in a 3 X 3 plant formation, and the other in a 4 X 4 plant formation.

That way, I could have a tray of each. Shrubs and commercial. Thanks to all the serious responses. :-)

My old football coach used to say for some weird reason..."it ain't the size that matters, it's the motion of the ocean that counts". I guess he had a small wee-wee...and had to work it harder...

For me it's not the size of the ..ummm plant..or bud sites/size. But rather how medicinal it actually is. The stink, smell type of odor, I enjoy smelling a room filled with variety. Go for potency, smell, the total package.

I hated Diesel but now that I have Detroit Diesel Kush..well let's just say I am a much happier man with her than without.

I would be singing this song without my rooms of filled with beautifully smelling girls...this would be my song...haha.."she's gone".

You might try another grow technique to increase your yield with the strains you decided to keep. Specifically ScrOG. Its quite a bit more work to scrog something, however, i've found that it usually increases yield substantially. With your setup you could have 2 3X3 screens, one for each light.

I'm currently running a screen that has 5 different strains in it. Some people may reccomend against this, but with a little more maintenance i've found it isn't really a problem to maintain multiple strains under one screen.

TFB

P.S. If you do decide to try scrogging, i would reccomend trying it with one strain first before trying multiple strains.

Archived