Poll: Snyder's Negative Ratings Up (Really?!)

EdwardGlen

The forces in a capitalist society, if left unchecked, tend to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

- Jawaharlal Nehru

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/article/20110227/NEWS01/102270335/1002/news01/Poll-Snyder-s-negative-ratings-up

LANSING -- Gov. Rick Snyder's negative job rating has crept up in a new poll, which shows many voters are still making up their minds about the new Republican governor.

Snyder got a positive job rating from 37 percent of the 600 likely voters surveyed statewide in a Feb. 12-17 poll by Lansing-based EPIC-MRA, while 21 percent gave him a negative job rating and 41 percent were undecided.

His negative job rating was 6 points higher than in a Jan. 22-24 EPIC-MRA poll, when his job rating was 38 percent positive and 15 percent negative, with 47 percent undecided.

Both polls had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 4 percentage points. The most recent poll came just as the governor was delivering his budget address on Feb. 17. The Associated Press reported most of the budget details the day before.

Snyder spokeswoman Sara Wurfel didn't seem concerned about the rise in negative ratings.

"The governor is staying focused on the job that Michiganders hired him to do. He knows the path ahead is far from easy, but is necessary to move from the old Michigan to the new, stronger, more vibrant Michigan that works for everyone," she said Friday.

In the latest poll, 54 percent had a favorable opinion of Snyder, compared to 59 percent in January. A third of them were undecided; 13 percent had an unfavorable opinion.

The governor's job approval rating is better than President Barack Obama's among Michigan voters. The Democratic president's rating remained about the same as in last month's poll, this time with 44 percent giving him a positive job rating and 55 percent giving him a negative rating. One percent of those polled were undecided.

Half of those polled had a favorable opinion of Obama, compared to 53 percent in the January poll. In February, 43 percent had an unfavorable opinion and 7 percent of them were undecided.

U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow received a positive job rating from 42 percent of those polled, while 50 percent gave her a negative rating and 8 percent were undecided. Forty-seven percent had a favorable opinion of the two-term Democratic senator from Lansing, 39 percent an unfavorable opinion and 12 percent were undecided.

Stabenow is up for re-election in 2012. About a half-dozen Republicans are considering running against her.

If I remember right, Stabenow is anti MM but we have to be sure whoever replaces her is pro MM, that may be difficult but we need to see if any pro one's are out there. I thought she was term-limited out now. I may've voted for her but now that I know she's anti MM I might change my mind though most seem not to be for it, though some may be afraid it'd hurt their careers to mention it. We have to be careful that we get someone who's not just saying they're for it just to get votes, only to slap us in the face, didn't a certain sheriff in Saginaw do that? At least if they're pro MM even if not for outright legalization that's ok by me at least for now. We have to make sure our law is solidly rooted before we can even consider anything else. My priority is keeping the medical use in tact. I tried to explain to someone how much in danger our law is but he doesn't believe it. I encouraged him to read the site, and gave a brief summary of all that's going on. I hate to see anyone slip away from us and later on admit I was right if things get worse, so I'm doing all I can to back up my claims with proof. I can't force him or anyone to read it but I did my best to explain the urgency of the situation. I explained that our ag and gov, among others, are desperately trying to undo our law and working in secret, I told him to read about SB17, encouraged him to get the facts on why it's bad, and write or call his reps, I mentioned about disp.s and jones working secretly too and the threat to our caregiver system. Snyder and Co came in with an agenda and I feel bad for anyone who believes otherwise but if I can't get them to listen there's nothing I can do. :(

Sincerely, for Our Community, Sb :wub:

Archived