Please Help, Trying To Verify Legality

IMLegend

I am my mother's caregiver. My intent was to grow at my residence, but due to my local township's decision, I am 20' too close to a local school. So my thought was to build a lockable room in my mother's basement to use as the grow site. Now, my mother is totally legal, as am I. However the house and property are jointly in the name of my mother and step-father. My step-father does have a previous felony for possession of a differant substance from almost 40 years ago. His name does not appear on ANY of the application paperwork or cards in any way. Would my growing of my mother's medicine have any negative impact on my step-father legally, or would his partial ownership of the property negatively impact the legality of my growing there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The step fathers issues do not apply to the situation as you describe it.

It is not likely to ever be an issue as long as the step father is not named as the caregiver.

One problem that you might encounter is using their location as your grow op. Her ID card will say she is not able to have plants. Law enforcement entering the location would probably not understand that you are the one growing at that location. Not your mother.

It would be legal and probably very expensive to prove.

Growing at your location could give you problems also because of the local law. Local officials would try to push for jail time based on that local law.

Again, it would be legal but very expensive to prove.

It is not likely to ever be an issue as long as the step father is not named as the caregiver.

One problem that you might encounter is using their location as your grow op. Her ID card will say she is not able to have plants. Law enforcement entering the location would probably not understand that you are the one growing at that location. Not your mother.

Growing at your location could give you problems also because of the local law. Local officials would try to push for jail time based on that local law.

Thank you for the reply. That all makes sense to me.

you should have the only key to the room w/plants and maybe switch plant rights to the patients house the plants are in.

PB points out a real concern.

Send a change form. You stay on as the caregiver but switch plant possession rights to mom

Problem solved.

Very good information , and right on, with the facts :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Archived