Meijer 6" Air Stones On Clearance

Grow Thread

i hit up meijer this morning for some breakfast materials.

as normal, i swooped past the pet department for a couple air stones. this is customary anytime the wife or i goes to meijer.

they are on clearance. the pet department kid says he thinks they are changing brands.

$1.39 ....... get them while supplies last! needless to say if you find the meijer with the raped shelves it's because i was just there :)

gallery_13801_182_66780.jpg

gallery_13801_182_57768.jpg

did you know that the bubbles passing from the bottom to the top of the water do nothing to impart o2 into the water? it is the act of breaking the surface or disturbeing the surface of the water that makes the water absorb o2

fun fact of the day dont know if that helps or is relevant. but awesome find

i will look in my meijer and if we are cleaned out expect a pm lol

did you know that you are totally and completely wrong in the sense that there is an air pump attached to that air stone that is pushing air into the water from an outside source?

doesnt matter if your stone is on the bottom, side, top, in the middle, upside down, backwards, black, or pink....... it is allowing dispersed air into the water from an outside source.

what you are referring to is the oxygenation of moving water in a natural setting. and in that sense you are correct..... the more movement at the top, the more air that dissolves into the water from said air....

different story with an air pump..... huge difference between FORCING air into water and letting it dissolve air into itself naturally.... huge difference.

thanks for the input though :)

grow a plant with an air stone and an air pump.... then grow one with only a water pump inside just swirling water around and then make statements like that :)

http://peer.tamu.edu/curriculum_modules/water_quality/module_3/lesson2.htm

"did you know that you are totally and completely wrong in the sense that there is an air pump attached to that air stone that is pushing air into the water from an outside source?

doesnt matter if your stone is one the bottom, side, top, in the middle, upside down, backwards, black, or pink....... it is allowing dispersed air into the water from an outside source."

dont know if im sleepy or just dumb but i dont understand these statements

furthermore i cant be totally and completely wrong in a sense cus that implys partiality

and it is indeed true im wrong most of the time i am just a ignorant piece of carbon

its just all that fishfarming aquaponic systems in my head sorry

i refuse to even read that..... as a matter of fact i can find you a webpage that says elvis killed kennedy.

put water in a bucket with a lid and where the hell is the air coming from??

i know from personal experience in the grow room.

coversation over from my end.

back to the point.... for those who use meijer stones, they are on clearance.

thanks for shopping, and have a great meijer day!!

my job as a mod is to uphold the "mission statement" of the MMMA.

to help those who need helped.

part of that job is sifting through improper or just plain false info..... or in your case, info that has nothing to do with the grow room but can easily confuse a new grower.

you speak of wide open oceans and lakes and rivers.. fish ponds that are open to the natural air...... this is about growing. this is about getting oxygen to the roots of a plant in a bucket or tote or other small container that is not open to fresh air at all.

you seem to know absolutely nothing about what you speak..... at least in the sense of growing.... and since im not hooking an air pump up to the atlantic ocean, i could really care less your personal opinions of me.

bish i am calling my local store right now to see if i can have a couple cases shipped to me while they are on clearance... its a long shot since it is a clearance thing and you know how these department stores work............. but if i can i will and i will let you know asap.

these are my favorite stones as you and most everybody else know..... so i really want to get all i can get my hands on.... and then i gotta track down the company who makes them and packages them with the "meijer" label so i can see who else carries them :)

no go bish.... what they have is what they have.

i got a manager on the phone and tried to persuade her to let me take a large chunk of the corporation "clearance stock" off their hands and that was a no-go as well.

they are changing brands for sure. no idea what they are getting next.

whats on the shelves in various stores is what they have according to her.

Why waste your money on those? I use ceramic airstones. They can be used over and over.....They put out finer bubbles too........HJ

why eat green apples? i like red :)

much respect sir...... just making it known that the stones are on sale.

i bought a case of the the $30 micro-pore diffusers and i LOVE THEM...... but the meijer work GREAT for anyone on the cheap cheap. and to my knowledge there is no local spot with ceramics.

in public it's about helping people grow their own as cheap as possible..... and if they want to get more involved, im all for it and help many folk in pm every day with more advanced stuff :thumbsu:

wow..... maybe i should have just kept the sale to myself :)

didnt want all the negativity or time consuming questions/suggestions..... just wanted to let folks know that a grow supply item used by many is on clearance....

thats it :thumbsu:

once again.... NO OFFENSE JACK..... i have big respect for you and what you do.

No offense taken....I used to get mine from pet stores but all the pet stores now only restock what they sell now (sell 2, automatically order 2.....So I went to Ebay and found them cheaper and bigger....HJ

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

still waiting on you and irish (or whoever's gonna film it) to put together a bho diy for me :)

like i said earlier in this thread..... i can find you a website that says elvis killed kennedy and we all know that isnt true (well..... ya know :) ) but i'd sure like to see a diy from someone who i know knows their stuff before i blast myself off. :rolleyes:

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

still waiting on you and irish (or whoever's gonna film it) to put together a bho diy for me :)

like i said earlier in this thread..... i can find you a website that says elvis killed kennedy and we all know that isnt true (well..... ya know :) ) but i'd sure like to see a diy from someone who i know knows their stuff before i blast myself off. :rolleyes:

I just got a new Sony Webbie HD camera so maybe when it gets a little warmer out that can be done......HJ

Edited by Hydro Jack

sounds like a plan :thumbsu:

i hopped on the forum that your titanium hash blazers came from.......... just to see what was up. didnt create an account or anything.

(as a mod i wont mention the site name ;) )

those things are seriously bad azz and he can put some wild stuff together..... i mean really really wild. a pioneer in glass for sure. and a rather "newbie" to the game as well.

beautiful.

also, i picked up an alex K. kudos to you and your input.... best stem i have ever owned.

i have always grown..... thats it.... never spent much time in the science of cooking or tinctures or medibles or ingestion devices... you have opened an eye :)