Spider Mites And Seedlings

hofner67

Appears to me that seedlings are less susceptible to the spotting if not the the mites themselves. May be sorta like how infants have special immune systems. Maybe someday they'll be able to bottle the seedling immune system.

Is it just my luck or do seedlings seem less susceptible to spider mites?

Only trouble I've had with a seedling was aphids. Very weak strain. Tossed immediately.

but also seedling may not have the life mites are looking for... i mean they feed off the body and liquids in the plant themselves if you have a little small seedling that would only feed 3+ mites why would they waste time on it as a community they would head to the large crops to feast that have more food and better food available.

I'm thinking,possibly, the plants are more susceptible in bloom as all the plant resources are focused on procreation at that point. where as during veg and seedling stages they may have more natural resistance, as more plant resources can be used for pest resistance.

Plants that are more susceptible during seedling and veg stages would be much less likely to procreate in the wild.?

Mites hate humidity, and I'd like to think that your seedings are in a dome or are somehow staying in a high (75%+) humidity environment. Flowering plants should be in low (under 40%) humidity, as this improves resin production. Unfortunately, this is also the environment that mites love, and the same time when you don't want to be using massive amounts of bug killers (unless you like the idea of smoking lots of bug killer).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived