Senate Bill 17 Prohibit Cc Clubs And Marijuana Bars

Hello all:

Did not see this posted yet and I really feel that is important. State Senator Rick Jones has fast tracked SB17 to the Health Committee today Thursday March 3,2011 at 2:30 in the Senate Hearing Room,Ground Floor,Boji Tower 124 W. Allegan St. Lansing MI 48933. This meeting will start at 2:30 and is the first of I believe two public hearing sessions for the Health Policy Committee. What is so strange about this bill is as of two weeks ago or so this bill did not have any co sponsors and in fact two or three of the Senators who sit on this committee have compassion clubs and other variations in their districts.

I know this is late but we need to get as many patients,caregivers,supporters and locals in Lansing as well as other medical marijuana activists to the public hearing to let them hear our voice. If todays hearing goes well for Jones this could go to the Senate floor for vote. In a time of economic chaos in the state of Michigan, our elected officials have brought to the table a bill that will crush the ability for patients and caregivers to get medicine which is greatly needed but not always available.

Sources and resources are limited,liberty and freedom never rest but is always tested. Hope to see you there!

MM

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm making calls NOW, though I don't know if it'll get there in time, I've been writing letters for the past month aboutthis.

I hope enough people can get there. IF it passes we must find out WHO voted for it so we can put them on our "FOES" list. Many of us have been aware of this issue and have been writing letters. I'm sure the republiCON who wrote me will vote for it, I'll have his name on a FOE list I'm sure. THEN we have to write them again, express our disapointment AND promise we will NOT vote for them again AND we WILL tell our friends!

Sb

Every single politician I e mailed has lied to me and the community. In their replies almost stated no bill was going to be voted on time to give'em hell!

Ed

Lansing continues to lie

March 1, 2011

Glen,

Thank you for your email. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

To date, there are no bills before the House regarding this matter. Rest assured, however, should legislation come before me for a vote, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, I appreciate hearing from you. If I can be of any future assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Marilyn Lane

State Representative

31st District

N-795 House Office Building

P.O. Box 30014

Lansing, MI 48909-7514

877-347-8031 toll free

517-373-0159 office

517-373-5893 fax

marilynlane@house.mi.gov

Guest 1TokeOverLine

(sigh) We gain 1 and they take 3, politics is definitely a slippery slope. Oh well, I can still grow my own - no, wait....

The evil in the world is alive and well in Michigan Politics and Law Enforcement.

1T

Every single politician I e mailed has lied to me and the community. In their replies almost stated no bill was going to be voted on time to give'em hell!

Ed

Lansing continues to lie

March 1, 2011

Glen,

To date, there are no bills before the House regarding this matter. Rest assured, however, should legislation come before me for a vote, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, I appreciate hearing from you. If I can be of any future assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Marilyn Lane

State Representative

31st District

P.O. Box 30014

Lansing, MI 48909-7514

877-347-8031 toll free

517-373-0159 office

517-373-5893 fax

marilynlane@house.mi.gov

Not only do they lie, but when they have something THEY WANT, it sure goes immediately on the fast track, but when WE WANT something, they sure DRAG THEIR FEET ON IT! If there's a hell I hope they all FRY in it! I HATE politics and I REALLY HATE LIARS!!!Those MISERABLE, LYING, CHEATING, STEALING, SPITEFUL, VENGEFUL, HEARTLESS, CRUEL CONTEMPTIBLE AZZHOLES!!!

WE WILL NOT BE MEDICAL PRISONERS!!! Not ONE STEP backwards!!!

Sb

Ed

Lansing continues to lie

March 1, 2011

Glen,

Sincerely,

Marilyn Lane

State Representative

31st District

P.O. Box 30014

Lansing, MI 48909-7514

877-347-8031 toll free

517-373-0159 office

517-373-5893 fax

marilynlane@house.mi.gov

Not only do they lie, but when they have something THEY WANT, it sure goes immediately on the fast track, but when WE WANT something, they sure DRAG THEIR FEET ON IT! If there's a hell I hope they all FRY in it! I HATE politics and I REALLY HATE LIARS!!!Those MISERABLE, LYING, CHEATING, STEALING, SPITEFUL, VENGEFUL, HEARTLESS, CRUEL CONTEMPTIBLE AZZHOLES!!!

WE WILL NOT BE MEDICAL PRISONERS!!! Not ONE STEP backwards!!!

Sb :angry:

Hello all:

Did not see this posted yet and I really feel that is important. State Senator Rick Jones has fast tracked SB17 to the Health Committee today Thursday March 3,2011 at 2:30 in the Senate Hearing Room,Ground Floor,Boji Tower 124 W. Allegan St. Lansing MI 48933. This meeting will start at 2:30 and is the first of I believe two public hearing sessions for the Health Policy Committee. What is so strange about this bill is as of two weeks ago or so this bill did not have any co sponsors and in fact two or three of the Senators who sit on this committee have compassion clubs and other variations in their districts.

I know this is late but we need to get as many patients,caregivers,supporters and locals in Lansing as well as other medical marijuana activists to the public hearing to let them hear our voice. If todays hearing goes well for Jones this could go to the Senate floor for vote. In a time of economic chaos in the state of Michigan, our elected officials have brought to the table a bill that will crush the ability for patients and caregivers to get medicine which is greatly needed but not always available.

Sources and resources are limited,liberty and freedom never rest but is always tested. Hope to see you there!

MM

It would also be a great time to write an email to your State Senator. Who is that? To find out...

Go to congress.org

& enter your zip code.

It will have links for the President, your Senators, your Representative in the House, and your State Senator and Representative.

I had an email exchange with my State Rep regarding this SB17 bill. He implies that Compassion Clubs are thought to be marijuana exchange parties. In my opinion they want to eventually tax all sales of MMJ and they are unable to tax these private exchanges. I think they are on the road to adopting the dispensary model and trying to eliminate personal and caregiver grows.

Here is what my legislator wrote to me regarding the legislation....

State Senator Rick Jones introduced Senate Bill 17, which would prohibit all medical marijuana clubs or bars in Michigan. The bill was referred to the Senate Committee on Health Policy, which has not yet begun to consider testimony on the legislation. The purpose of SB 17 is to make it more difficult for individuals to profit from their access to medical marijuana. As I am sure you know, one school of thought is that the enforcement disparity problem in our state stems from the fact that a small group of individuals are violating current law by growing more than the legally allowed quantity.

Below is the email I am sending. Feel free to use any of these words when sending your State Senator an email regarding SB17.

Dear Senator Warren:

I am grateful that you have taken the time to consider my concerns. Thank you very much.

We were told in an email from Senator Jones that the purpose of SB17, the banning of Medical Marijuana Compassion Clubs, is to prevent patients from medicating and then driving. We were later told by State Representative Rutledge that the purpose of SB17 is to keep illegal growers from profiting excessively.

Patients fear that the Senator Jones is making backroom deals with the dispensary business interests. They say he wants to eliminate the patient/caregiver model so that all medical marijuana would need to be purchased at dispensaries. Doing that would allow the state to collect revenue on all medical marijuana consumed.

At a typical dispensary today, the cost of my medicine for my condition for a month would be well over $500. Many of us are on disability and simply could never afford those prices. Please recall that the intent of the law is to provide safe and affordable access to this medicine for patients. I would guess that about 75-80% of today’s patients would be unable to afford buying all of their medicine at dispensary prices.

Compassion Clubs are support groups, not marijuana sales outlets. Please recall that a good many of the people in this group are disabled and have a difficult time socializing. They are not very comfortable going out to bars or restaurants to socialize.

Compassion Clubs allow patients to socialize with their own. I am sure that some have transferred meds at a meeting but that is not the purpose of the meetings. Please don’t legislate away the support groups from the sick and disabled.

Thank you for listening. I really do appreciate it.

Sincerely,

We should be hearing something soon. We've been writing letters about this for about a month but not many are listening, they're so darn sure they know the facts, they only know the garbage they're being fed. I don't know why I bother hoping and I'm so tired of fighting. All my life I've been shown more hatred than love. I'm so darn tired it ain't funny. NEVER in my entire life could I have ever dreamed the world would be this bad. A living hell on earth, it wasn't always that way. Humans seem to have been born with a fatal flaw.

We should be hearing something soon. We've been writing letters about this for about a month but not many are listening, they're so darn sure they know the facts, they only know the garbage they're being fed. I don't know why I bother hoping and I'm so tired of fighting. All my life I've been shown more hatred than love. I'm so darn tired it ain't funny. NEVER in my entire life could I have ever dreamed the world would be this bad. A living hell on earth, it wasn't always that way. Humans seem to have been born with a fatal flaw.

Hey SB, you so often boost everyone else every chance you get. Thank you for that. It sounds like you may need a boost.

Things are really not as bad as they might seem. Opinions are changing. People are beginning to see through the lies. There is hope for our cause....more so now than in many years. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. It is better now than say 5 years ago, right? Keep fighting for us.

If that devil bill passes I HOPE we can find a way to fight it, my stomach is all tied up in knots, I'm hurting from the stress, trying to get some food in me but my appetite is not good, I managed to eat something but I still hurt. Too much stress. This is so unfair, and the media is so out of balance AND out of touch with the people. We have TONS of positive stories to tell, if only they'd give us equal time but they're too scared, they know The People would rise up if they knew the INJUSTICE being done to us. Our wonderful voters who voted with their hearts against heartless politicians and greed. I'm sure as soon as BB can, he'll report back here. If it passed he'll draft a carefully worded response. I've been writing letters and doing all I can, I wish I could do more. I'm so tired. All day yesterday my stomach was upset.

Sb

Hey SB, you so often boost everyone else every chance you get. Thank you for that. It sounds like you may need a boost.

Things are really not as bad as they might seem. Opinions are changing. People are beginning to see through the lies. There is hope for our cause....more so now than in many years. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. It is better now than say 5 years ago, right? Keep fighting for us.

Hi, washtenaut, thanks for the morale booster. I think it'd be better if we could get our stories out but the goddamn media is so set against us. The more patients that apply and show improvement in their health, the better it is for us all, people will see the difference in their friends, co-workers, family members, etc. it's still an uphill battle and yes, we have come a long way but we still have a long way to go as long as politicians are being bribed by special interests who only have dollar signs in their eyes and contempt in their hearts. There are some good people in positions of power who are on our side, many are afraid to speak out, I hope they'll gather the courage they need to stand with us. We need to find them, write to them, tell them our stories and ask for their help. I'll be doing my part, I've been sending some letters to our reps about the war on cannabis, explaining how it's hurting us. Many people have no idea what's going on because they're being kept in the dark. It's our responsibility to inform them, we can't depend on the mainstream media to do it. I'm very tired, I hope I can hang in there. Thanks again for your message of hope.

Sb

Well .. I was there and talked to them.

I invited the Senators to take a ride with me while I smoked a joint. On an enclosed test track, of course.

Senator Jones told everyone that his main reason to introduce this bill was to prevent stoned driving. I pointed out to the senators that it would be a good thing to address such things as minimum levels of THC. However this bill did nothing in that direction. The bill isn't about drivers. It is about the owners of buildings.

I also pointed out that the warning on the side of a bottle of pharmaceutical THC reads not to operate heavy equipment or drive until the person becomes used to the effects of the THC.

Today was a committee meeting. It wasn't before the full senate.

At the start of the meeting, the senator running the show informed us all that they were going to pass the bill, no matter what was said by people talking there today. They were just going through the formalities.

This bill is being fast tracked. It may come up before the full senate within a couple of days.

If that devil bill passes I HOPE we can find a way to fight it, my stomach is all tied up in knots, I'm hurting from the stress, trying to get some food in me but my appetite is not good, I managed to eat something but I still hurt. Too much stress. This is so unfair, and the media is so out of balance AND out of touch with the people. We have TONS of positive stories to tell, if only they'd give us equal time but they're too scared, they know The People would rise up if they knew the INJUSTICE being done to us. Our wonderful voters who voted with their hearts against heartless politicians and greed. I'm sure as soon as BB can, he'll report back here. If it passed he'll draft a carefully worded response. I've been writing letters and doing all I can, I wish I could do more. I'm so tired. All day yesterday my stomach was upset.

Sb

Don't worry Sb it's going to be OK theirs not so much they can do to us theirs to many of us now that was the plan long ago to get as many card holders as we could and we have done just that

all of the post from back then are long gone and most people have left but am still here so far anyway

Don't worry Sb it's going to be OK theirs not so much they can do to us theirs to many of us now that was the plan long ago to get as many card holders as we could and we have done just that

all of the post from back then are long gone and most people have left but am still here so far anyway

All I know is we never expected this war to hurt medical users and their caregivers.

Sb

Well .. I was there and talked to them.

I invited the Senators to take a ride with me while I smoked a joint. On an enclosed test track, of course.

Senator Jones told everyone that his main reason to introduce this bill was to prevent stoned driving. I pointed out to the senators that it would be a good thing to address such things as minimum levels of THC. However this bill did nothing in that direction. The bill isn't about drivers. It is about the owners of buildings.

I also pointed out that the warning on the side of a bottle of pharmaceutical THC reads not to operate heavy equipment or drive until the person becomes used to the effects of the THC.

Today was a committee meeting. It wasn't before the full senate.

At the start of the meeting, the senator running the show informed us all that they were going to pass the bill, no matter what was said by people talking there today. They were just going through the formalities.

This bill is being fast tracked. It may come up before the full senate within a couple of days.

Thanks for being there and making your great points, as usual. I especially like the part about THC levels and the comparison to marinol. They don't like it the land owners will rent to people in marijuana businesses or organizations?

How could you stay calm in the face of it? What motivates them? Did they seem like aliens or did they seem like real people? Or were you just in their way? What did it feel like?

I know that is a lot of questions. Maybe the radio show might be a better forum.

Archived