Senate Bill 17 Prohibit Cc Clubs And Marijuana Bars

How could you stay calm in the face of it?

In the situation of "though I walk through the valley of death" scene, pray before entering the valley.

You'd better believe it was a shields up thing.

What motivates them?

Fear and hatred. They fear the unknown and have been taught to hate us.

Did they seem like aliens or did they seem like real people?

Their fears clog up their ears. They knew they were going to pass this today. They were simply resolved. Determined to do what they thought was right.

Or were you just in their way? What did it feel like?

They seemed to pay some attention to what was being said. But it was just a formality.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We cannot allow this discriminatory bill to pass! Its an attack on our rights under the US Constitution and as disabled American citizens.

What is stopping them from saying this law covers your home? Fast tracking laws cheats us all!!

To ALL Your Freedoms And Keeping Them

Ed

Well .. I was there and talked to them.

I invited the Senators to take a ride with me while I smoked a joint. On an enclosed test track, of course.

Senator Jones told everyone that his main reason to introduce this bill was to prevent stoned driving. I pointed out to the senators that it would be a good thing to address such things as minimum levels of THC. However this bill did nothing in that direction. The bill isn't about drivers. It is about the owners of buildings.

I also pointed out that the warning on the side of a bottle of pharmaceutical THC reads not to operate heavy equipment or drive until the person becomes used to the effects of the THC.

Today was a committee meeting. It wasn't before the full senate.

At the start of the meeting, the senator running the show informed us all that they were going to pass the bill, no matter what was said by people talking there today. They were just going through the formalities.

This bill is being fast tracked. It may come up before the full senate within a couple of days.

Thank you for going and updating us here

In the situation of "though I walk through the valley of death" scene, pray before entering the valley.

You'd better believe it was a shields up thing.

Fear and hatred. They fear the unknown and have been taught to hate us.

Their fears clog up their ears. They knew they were going to pass this today. They were simply resolved. Determined to do what they thought was right.

They seemed to pay some attention to what was being said. But it was just a formality.

See you the 25th of May.

thanks BB. the way they act, with apparent impunity. They must have strange and many inferiority complexes. Why else would they compensate for them so aggressively and fearfully? An odd bunch of power hungry, mean, and irrationally driven people.

Now that you've seen Rick Jones in person. What were his mannerisms like?

Dear Senator X,

MI GOP Senator Rick Jones from Grand Ledge has introduced a bill to ban "marijuana bars." In as much as this bill would restrict a peoples right to assemble, as it appears to do, I am against it and find it unconstitutional. The bill would also restrict property rights. I too am against that.

Furthermore, this bill would restrict the rights of patients guaranteed under the Peoples initiative the "Michigan Medical Marihijuana Act." As such, it is a direct assault to the will of the People of Mi.

If his stated aims are to protect the public against drugged driving, he should focus on THC blood levels like the standards we have for alcohol.

May I count on your help to counteract this irrational attack on sick peoples in the State of MI?

Mr. X

XXXX Street

Your Town, MI

Me thinks the Senator will be a changing his tune when 7,000 people show up in Lansing by noon. Curious if he'll (Mr Jones) be going after VA, ELKS, EAGLES,DAV, etc, and other social gatherings.

Those clubs are where people pay dues meet and to discuss all kinds of things and I've even discussed marijuana with several hundred vets of all branches of service from WW2 to Iraq and Afghanistan. So Sen. Jones what's next?

The 'free association clubs' are a great idea and I'd like to see Mr Jones attack 'free assembly' when its 'free'.

"You hand in your ticket And you go watch the geek Who immediately walks up to you he hears you speak And says, How does it feel To be such a freak? And you say, Impossible As he hands you a bone

Because something is happening here But you don’t know what it is Do you, Mister Jones?"

To All Who are protecting our rights under attack by Mr.Jones

So the good senator sponsored a bill that encourages drunk driving.

If a person wished to go to an establishment to consume a mind altering substance, it is required that substance be alcohol.

I guess the good Senator Jones desires to have plenty of drunk drivers instead of stoned drivers.

Thanks for the heads up MMarvin. Someboddy greased the track there on us it looks like.

This is happening on numerous fronts across the country. People are aware that there is this huge human rights issue going on, mixed with the old austerity BS preached by the Members of the FED via their Paid Puppets. They blame all this crap on the economy, when the reality is we are funding numerous wars here in North America, Iraq, Afghanistan. Their inception was based on supporting wars in Europe that predated this country. So they wouldn't get burned like they did in the Civil War.

It didn't take them Long to give our life savings to Wall Street and I'm sure we're expected to pay their interest too. They killed the housing industry. Then the Economy. Then millions of American Dreams.

Serious issues here folks, the Unions were responsible for starting Public Education in this country. Now they want to take the Unions out ? What kinda education system will you have then. They can create their own little pre-programmed robots. Exciting isn't it ?

Before that happens, I think we all will have something to say. Its beyond partisanship Now, it is a conspiracy to Rachet away the few human rights we have left under some National Interest ? It's long over due that the people are heard and they are showed some respect.

peace

Senator Jones has introduced a bill into the Michigan senate which seems to promote drunk driving.

The senator assumes that there is a flourish of "marijuana bars" opening in Michigan. He became aware on one single location that might function that way and concluded that they exist all over the state.

So to prevent stoned driving, the senator sponsored a bill that would punish owners of any establishment that allowed consumption of marijuana on the location.

Does this bill address stoned driving? No. Not at all. It only punishes gatherings of like minded people. Nothing to do with driving.

What if there were a designated driver? It wouldn't matter at all. The senator still wishes to punish the persons that own the building.

Existing laws are already being applied against medical marijuana patients that are also drivers. Our state has a zero tolerance law on the books for marijuana. The senator thinks that isn't good enough.

Let's presume, for a moment, that the state is indeed packed full of "marijuana bars."

Someone wants to relieve the stress of a long day. So they go to the bar. Which kind of bar should they go to? The senator obviously feels that someone is much better off consuming alcohol and driving rather than consume marijuana and drive.

Drunk driving kills a lot of people in Michigan every year. While at a city council meeting in Battle Creek, one of the members of the council told the rest about the numbers of arrests in Battle Creek over the previous three years. There were hundreds of arrests for driving with alcohol in the persons system. During the same time frame, there were only four arrests for driving while influenced by marijuana.

Just four arrests while there were hundreds for alcohol related driving.

Ask any officer which of the two are more likely to get into an accident.

The senator ignores the real danger on the roads while attempting to deny adults the choice of a safer alternative.

The senators bill promotes drunk driving.

Excellent. Will use on my senator.

Senator Jones has introduced a bill into the Michigan senate which seems to promote drunk driving.

The senator assumes that there is a flourish of "marijuana bars" opening in Michigan. He became aware on one single location that might function that way and concluded that they exist all over the state.

So to prevent stoned driving, the senator sponsored a bill that would punish owners of any establishment that allowed consumption of marijuana on the location.

Does this bill address stoned driving? No. Not at all. It only punishes gatherings of like minded people. Nothing to do with driving.

What if there were a designated driver? It wouldn't matter at all. The senator still wishes to punish the persons that own the building.

Existing laws are already being applied against medical marijuana patients that are also drivers. Our state has a zero tolerance law on the books for marijuana. The senator thinks that isn't good enough.

Let's presume, for a moment, that the state is indeed packed full of "marijuana bars."

Someone wants to relieve the stress of a long day. So they go to the bar. Which kind of bar should they go to? The senator obviously feels that someone is much better off consuming alcohol and driving rather than consume marijuana and drive.

Drunk driving kills a lot of people in Michigan every year. While at a city council meeting in Battle Creek, one of the members of the council told the rest about the numbers of arrests in Battle Creek over the previous three years. There were hundreds of arrests for driving with alcohol in the persons system. During the same time frame, there were only four arrests for driving while influenced by marijuana.

Just four arrests while there were hundreds for alcohol related driving.

Ask any officer which of the two are more likely to get into an accident.

The senator ignores the real danger on the roads while attempting to deny adults the choice of a safer alternative.

The senators bill promotes drunk driving.

Senate panel approves ban on marijuana bars, clubs

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/newsnow/x256214230/Senate-panel-approves-ban-on-marijuana-bars-clubs

Lansing, MI —

Legislation banning the organization and operation of marijuana bars and clubs in Michigan was approved by a Senate panel Thursday.

Senate Bill 17, which would prohibit marijuana bars or clubs from forming, was approved by the Senate Health Policy Committee and now heads to the full Senate.

“Nobody should be using medical marijuana and then getting in a car and driving away,” said sponsor Sen. Rick Jones, who represents Allegan, Barry and Eaton counties. “Lots of people use prescription vicodin for pain, but we don’t have vicodin clubs. My measure will help ensure that people using medical marijuana do so more safely.”

The bill defines marijuana bars and clubs as property where medical marijuana is used for a paid fee. Violators of the proposed law would be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in prison or a maximum fine of $500.

I am not involved with compassion clubs, but I respect their right to assemble.

Exactly!

My wife and I belong to Genesee County Compassion Club and for folks to write letters railing against a club like theirs...(and from people who have never been to a club)...kind of gets my boxer shorts wrinkled...to say the least.

I wholeheartedly support AND endorse the patient/caregiver model.

But, when that option is NOT available we all need a safe place to go get our medication of choice. Period. End of story.

I wish May 25th was TODAY!

Mizerman

http://www.senate.michigan.gov/gop/senators/readarticle.asp?id=3744&District=24

Senate panel approves measure banning marijuana bars, clubs

Thursday, March 03, 2011

LANSING — Legislation banning the organization and operation of marijuana bars and clubs in Michigan was approved by a Senate panel Thursday, said sponsor Sen. Rick Jones, R-Grand Ledge.

Senate Bill 17, which would prohibit marijuana bars or clubs from forming, was approved by the Senate Health Policy Committee.

“Nobody should be using medical marijuana and then getting in a car and driving away,” Jones said. “Lots of people use prescription vicodin for pain, but we don’t have vicodin clubs. My measure will help ensure that people using medical marijuana do so more safely.”

SB 17 defines marijuana bars and clubs as property where medical marijuana is used for a paid fee. Violators of the proposed law would be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in prison or a maximum fine of $500.

Despite the legalization of medical marijuana in Michigan, the use of marijuana and its possession remains illegal in Michigan for residents who are not qualified registered individuals. Additionally, marijuana remains illegal under federal law, and doctors are not allowed to prescribe it for treatment – meaning the production or use of marijuana, even for medical purposes, can be prosecuted by the federal government.

The proposed law would not impact hospices or nursing homes.

“This is an issue of public health and safety,” said Sen. Jim Marleau, R-Lake Orion, chair of the Senate Health Policy Committee. “The establishment of marijuana clubs could endanger those who visit them as well as the general public

What phone numbers should one use to call and urge those that will vote on this to vote NO? IMO we need to contact the media and have them ask Jones what prohibits him from not banning alcohol bars and to remind them the same 63% pf the ppl who voted this law will perhaps not vote for him again,cant we impeach him or sue him or SOMETHING?

Dear Senator Jones;

I was at the hearing yesterday. I noticed that you were greatly concerned for the safety of the public.

I have an idea that should improve public safety substantiality.

There are a great number of officers of the law that are illegal drug consumers. Yet they are behind the wheel of a police car armed with a badge and gun.

Would you consider a law that required drug and alcohol testing of all police officers in the state of Michigan?

Both regular and random.

The class of illegal drugs that I have the greatest concern about is steroids. They tend to induce violence in the users.

thank you

pb

Me thinks they could have had someone call me. But that's not what they're about. They helped Jones build and sell this law. Just because publicly they became reluctant brides, doesn't get them off the hook. There are 19,000 plus of us. They deliberately did not let us know. I will be requesting transcripts to determine who shot what dog. It may have been because we have never lost when we have challenged an illegal law or ordinance. Thanks, Bb

It was announced on PlanetGreenTrees

Archived