Senate Bill 17 Prohibit Cc Clubs And Marijuana Bars

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me thinks they could have had someone call me. But that's not what they're about. They helped Jones build and sell this law. Just because publicly they became reluctant brides, doesn't get them off the hook. There are 19,000 plus of us. They deliberately did not let us know. I will be requesting transcripts to determine who shot what dog. It may have been because we have never lost when we have challenged an illegal law or ordinance. Thanks, Bb

Am sorry you missed it Joe but it was on the MMMA radio show Wednesday night

They can't constitutionally or legally change what department means without altering our law. Not without a super majority. 7e is the supremacy section of the law. It has been violated numerous times. Every single instance illegally. We must prepare to use civil disobedience to secure our freedom. Prepare! Thanks, Bb

BTW .. the good Senator Jones slandered us yesterday.

He claimed that many compassion clubs have invited him to attend and get high with them.

I may be a cracked up nut .. but I'm not that stupid.

Is there anyone out there that would be crazy enough to offer a joint to Senator Jones?

BB if there's ever another announcement like that I would like to call you and be sure you know, OK? Wow do I REALLY feel like chit. We prob'ly all assumed you were listening, as I did. I know you usually do.

I also feel REALLY bad about another situation which I've had a change of heart about and need to rewrite my letters to reflect it. You know who you are and you know how I feel now. Right now I'm extremely worn out so I haven't been inspired to write much. If only I knew then what I know now, my letters would've been written differently. Hurting my friends is the last thing I wanna do. :blush:

I'm very upset right now and very sad. I love this community dearly and wish I could do more.

Sincerely, Sb :wub:

He claimed that many compassion clubs have invited him to attend and get high with them.

Is there anyone out there that would be crazy enough to offer a joint to Senator Jones?

at this point in time I wouldnt share a sandwich with him,he's such a lying ****.

http://www.michiganvotes.org/Legislator.aspx?ID=5365

i had too

I wouldn't 'P' on him if he was on fire or any of the Colorado raiders.

Ed

To be honest, not a single soul told me about the hearing today. To say the least I am ticked. I was on the road and nobody called me. As I often do, I delivered meds to a needy patient in Oakland County. I did not find out until the conference call at 7:00PM tonight.

There has been a fix put in place. I would like you folks to also help out. Make sure that I know, if they try to push this bill or any other bill forward. Jones made the statement that it was going to be approved by the committee regardless of what anyone said. Jones can't win. He's pushing his luck right now, screwing with the constitution. I will write up a narrative so compassion clubs can deploy the model I described for $20 or less. There's no reason they can't go ahead and implement it.

I can't wait to engage Mr. Jones. His use of little blunt objects such as this little law, shows his contempt for the people. I think you are right. He is compensating. Thanks, Bb

Track this Bill:

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2011-SB-0017

BAN ON MARIHUANA CLUBS & BARS S.B. 17 (S-1):

FLOOR SUMMARY

Senate Bill 17 (Substitute S-1 as reported)

Sponsor: Senator Rick Jones

Committee: Health Policy

CONTENT

The bill would amend the Public Health Code to prohibit a person from organizing or

operating a marihuana club or marihuana bar; or knowingly allowing land or a structure on

land he or she owned or possessed to be used as a marihuana club or marihuana bar.

A person who violated the prohibition would be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by

imprisonment for up to 90 days and/or a maximum fine of $500.

"Marihuana club" would mean an association of individuals with membership restricted to

those who pay money or any other thing of value to become members, whose purpose is to

allow more than one individual to use marihuana under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act

at the same time in the same place.

"Marihuana bar" would mean property where an individual is allowed to use marihuana

under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, if the use of marihuana on the property is

conditioned on the payment of a fee. "Payment of a fee" would mean the payment of

money or any other thing of value. It would include the purchase of goods or services,

including those that are not incidental to the use of marihuana, and the payment of money

or any other thing of value to belong to an association of individuals.

The terms "marihuana bar" and "marihuana club" would not include any of the following:

-- Property used as a licensed hospice.

-- Property used as a licensed nursing home or skilled nursing facility.

-- Property where marihuana is legally dispensed under the Michigan Medical Marihuana

Act.

Proposed MCL 333.7421 Legislative Analyst: Julie Cassidy

FISCAL IMPACT

The bill would have an indeterminate fiscal impact on State and local government. There

are no data to indicate how many offenders would be convicted of the proposed

misdemeanor. Local governments would incur the costs of incarceration in local facilities,

which vary by county. Additional penal fine revenue would benefit public libraries.

Date Completed: 3-4-11

Fiscal Analyst: Matthew Grabowski

floor\sb17 Bill Analysis @ www.senate.michigan.gov/sfa

This analysis was prepared by nonpartisan Senate staff for use by the Senate in its deliberations and does not constitute an official

statement of legislative intent.

Senate Bill 0017 (2011) [/url]

Sponsor Rick Jones

Categories Health, pharmaceuticals; Controlled substances, use; Controlled substances, marihuana

Health; pharmaceuticals; formation of medicinal marihuana clubs or operation of medical marihuana bars; prohibit. Amends 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.1101 - 333.25211) by adding sec. 7421.

Documents

The following bill formatting applies to the 2011-2012 session:

- New language in an amendatory bill will be shown in BOLD AND UPPERCASE.

- Language to be removed will be stricken.

- Amendments made by the House will be blue with square brackets, such as: [House amended text].

- Amendments made by the Senate will be red with double greater/lesser than symbols, such as: <<Senate amended text>>. (gray icons indicate that the action did not occur or that the document is not available)

txticon.gif pdficon.gif Senate Introduced Bill

Introduced bills appear as they were introduced and reflect no subsequent amendments or changes. stxticon.gifsPDFicon.gif As Passed by the Senate

As Passed by the Senate is the bill, as introduced, that includes any adopted Senate amendments. stxticon.gifsPDFicon.gif As Passed by the House

As Passed by the House is the bill, as received from the Senate, that includes any adopted House amendments. stxticon.gifsPDFicon.gif Senate Enrolled Bill

Enrolled bill is the version passed in identical form by both houses of the Legislature.

Senate Fiscal Analysis txticon.gif pdficon.gifCOMMITTEE SUMMARY (Date Completed: 3-3-11)

This document analyzes: SB0017 txticon.gif pdficon.gifFLOOR SUMMARY (Date Completed: 3-4-11)

This document analyzes: SB0017 History (House actions in lowercase, Senate actions in UPPERCASE)

Date sortasc.pngJournalAction 1/19/2011SJ 3 Pg. 54REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON HEALTH POLICY 3/8/2011Expected in

SJ 21REPORTED FAVORABLY WITH SUBSTITUTE S-1 3/8/2011Expected in

SJ 21COMMITTEE RECOMMENDED IMMEDIATE EFFECT 3/8/2011Expected in

SJ 21REFERRED TO COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE WITH SUBSTITUTE S-1

Chair © / Vice Chair (VC) / Minority Vice Chair (MVC)

HEALTH POLICY: Senators Marleau ©, Robertson (VC), Emmons, Hune, Jones, Schuitmaker, Warren (MVC) and Gleason

Thanks to whoever posted this letter. I used it to write to Senator Jim Marleau who is Chair on Heath Policy.

jimmarleau@senate.michigan.gov

Dear Mr. Marleau;

I am grateful that you have taken the time to consider my concerns. Thank you very much.

We were told in an email from Senator Jones that the purpose of SB17, the banning of Medical Marijuana Compassion Clubs, is to prevent patients from medicating and then driving. We were later told by State Representative Rutledge that the purpose of SB17 is to keep illegal growers from profiting excessively.

Patients fear that the Senator Jones is making backroom deals with the dispensary business interests. They say he wants to eliminate the patient/caregiver model so that all medical marijuana would need to be purchased at dispensaries. Doing that would allow the state to collect revenue on all medical marijuana consumed. There are no "gray"

areas. That is just an excuse to open up our law, to tamper with it.

Leave the patient/ Caregiver model alone.

At a typical dispensary today, the cost of my medicine for my condition for a month would be well over $500. Many of us are on disability and simply could never afford those prices. Please recall that the intent of the law is to provide safe and affordable access to this medicine for patients. I would guess that about 75-80% of today’s patients would be unable to afford buying all of their medicine at dispensary prices. This is despicable thinking on the part of those who we have

voted in to protect our best interests.

Compassion Clubs are support groups, not marijuana sales outlets. Please recall that a good many of the people in this group are disabled and have a difficult time socializing. They are not very comfortable going out to bars or restaurants to socialize.

Compassion Clubs allow patients to socialize with their own. I am sure that some have transferred meds at a meeting but that is not sole purpose of the meetings. Please don’t legislate away the support groups from the sick and disabled.

I do not want the Michigan Government restricting Medical Marihuana patients any further, nor do I want the dispensary model. I want to be able to go to my local compassion club and have the right to use my medication just as I would be allowed to do in a "bar" serving alcohol.

There's where in our problems lie. Not with Marihuana but w/ alcohol

being allowed to be consumed legally. Those folks are the true danger to the safety of the public. Look at the statistics.

Thank you for listening. I really do appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Thank you BB. (TEARS). I'd like to learn that song. I can't read all the text that comes up but read a little of it, it goes by too fast but I got the general idea. My connection isn't good enough to watch videos, so I don't usually look at them.

What's so amazing to me is, with all the hate I've been shown, that I still have any love left at all. I've cried so many tears, this planet would drown a million times over and these past few days have been horrible.

Sb :wub:

Thank you BB. (TEARS). I'd like to learn that song. I can't read all the text that comes up but read a little of it, it goes by too fast but I got the general idea. My connection isn't good enough to watch videos, so I don't usually look at them.

What's so amazing to me is, with all the hate I've been shown, that I still have any love left at all. I've cried so many tears, this planet would drown a million times over and these past few days have been horrible.

Sb :wub:

Dear Silverblue: THE Cannabis Warrior Princess

I agree with you and Blueberry on 99.99999% about everything.

The ONLY thing I took exception with was this post.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

Silverblue, on 30 January 2011 - 06:33 PM, said:

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SEND THIS LETTER IF IT'S GOOD:

Dear Mr. Jones,

Marijuana dispensaries were never meant to be part of our law. Compassion clubs are only meant to be a support group that offers education and a safe place for patients and caregivers to meet, not to smoke, ingest, transfer or sell medicine.. The original model defines this clearly and does not approve of any medicine on site whatsoever. Please reconsider what you and others are proposing against these clubs. They are not the threat you assume them to be. Those talking with you do not have the best interest of patients and caregivers, which is emphasized in the law that 63% of voters passed.. The Michigan Medical Marijuana Association has stood by patients and caregivers from the beginning and will always fight for our rights. I'm sure that they would help draft a solution that everyone can work with.

Sincerely.

Thanks Sb. That's a great letter. Joe

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Since my wife and I are BOTH patients that do not currently grow (and we are also designated each other's caregiver) - places like the Compassion Club we belong to are where we can acquire medication and go back home.

I'm not a threat to anyone out on the roads either - never have been and never will be. Whenever it gets to the point that I am impaired in ANY fashion, I don't drive - period.

I didn't mean to cause Silverblue to be upset or make anyone cry, but will someone chime in from "the powers that be on this website" and tell me once and for all if they are "FOR" or "AGAINST" what is going on at Genesee County Compassion Club.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended Silverblue - Hell, I look forward to flirting with her (with my wife's blessing) every Wednesday night in the PlanetGreenTrees chat room :bighug:

Mizerman :blow-a-heart::bong2::bong7bp:

p.s. I am simply confused. Blueberry, while you told Silverblue that this is a good letter...are you also saying that Genesee County Compassion Club should be shut down?

Mizerman and Mizerwoman I hope this letter will help you feel better.

Dear Whoever,

I have come to know many people in the medical marijuana community since April of 2010. Since then I also learned about the law for MM and what how this law is intended to work. I am among the 63% of the people who voted for this law in 2008. Among the things I learned is the existence of Compassion Clubs. Originally intended to just be a support group and information center, some CC's have also become places where a legal patient or caregiver can acquire their medicine. The reason for this is, there are many patients who cannot grow for themselves and have not found a reliable caregiver. I have wrestled with this idea of medicine transfer at these places, till I realized the need exists. There are many more patients than caregivers, so someone has to fill the void. These clubs do not allow irresponsible behavior and have very strict policies. Many medical users are older adults who tried many alternatives before choosing MM. They only want to manage their pain without the harmful side effects of prescription or over-the-counter drugs, which are much more toxic and extremely dangerous. These clubs offer a safe place for those in need. It's not a bar or smokers' club, and it isn't a dispensary, which were never intended as part of our law. Dispensaries charge a much higher fee for their services, thus shutting the poor patients and caregivers out.

If you took the time to know this community, you'd soon realize they are mostly responsible people. They try to keep the bad examples out and abide by the law. To think these places are bars, and all medical users are dangerous, is a false notion and you are being misled. I'm sorry to see how easily misled you are. Most of us are very ill and poor. Many don't get out much, like me. Everyone needs to socialize and everyone has the right to assemble together. I wish you could see the other side of this issue, from the patients and caregivers point of view. They're good people, and they are my Friends.

Sincerely, Sb

These are the people to contact now.

HEALTH POLICY: Senators Marleau ©, Robertson (VC), Emmons, Hune, Jones, Schuitmaker, Warren (MVC) and Gleason

Rick Jones is a lost cause.

Please read as this has further info. If I'm reading it right (correct me if I'm wrong)

It's not over yet. Another Committee Meeting 3/8/11

Track this Bill:

http://legislature.m...px?2011-SB-0017

BAN ON MARIHUANA CLUBS & BARS S.B. 17 (S-1):

FLOOR SUMMARY

Senate Bill 17 (Substitute S-1 as reported)

Sponsor: Senator Rick Jones

Committee: Health Policy

CONTENT

The bill would amend the Public Health Code to prohibit a person from organizing or

operating a marihuana club or marihuana bar; or knowingly allowing land or a structure on

land he or she owned or possessed to be used as a marihuana club or marihuana bar.

A person who violated the prohibition would be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by

imprisonment for up to 90 days and/or a maximum fine of $500.

"Marihuana club" would mean an association of individuals with membership restricted to

those who pay money or any other thing of value to become members, whose purpose is to

allow more than one individual to use marihuana under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act

at the same time in the same place.

"Marihuana bar" would mean property where an individual is allowed to use marihuana

under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, if the use of marihuana on the property is

conditioned on the payment of a fee. "Payment of a fee" would mean the payment of

money or any other thing of value. It would include the purchase of goods or services,

including those that are not incidental to the use of marihuana, and the payment of money

or any other thing of value to belong to an association of individuals.

The terms "marihuana bar" and "marihuana club" would not include any of the following:

-- Property used as a licensed hospice.

-- Property used as a licensed nursing home or skilled nursing facility.

-- Property where marihuana is legally dispensed under the Michigan Medical Marihuana

Act.

Proposed MCL 333.7421 Legislative Analyst: Julie Cassidy

FISCAL IMPACT

The bill would have an indeterminate fiscal impact on State and local government. There

are no data to indicate how many offenders would be convicted of the proposed

misdemeanor. Local governments would incur the costs of incarceration in local facilities,

which vary by county. Additional penal fine revenue would benefit public libraries.

Date Completed: 3-4-11

Fiscal Analyst: Matthew Grabowski

floor\sb17 Bill Analysis @ www.senate.michigan.gov/sfa

This analysis was prepared by nonpartisan Senate staff for use by the Senate in its deliberations and does not constitute an official

statement of legislative intent.

Senate Bill 0017 (2011)

Sponsor Rick Jones

Categories Health, pharmaceuticals; Controlled substances, use; Controlled substances, marihuana

Health; pharmaceuticals; formation of medicinal marihuana clubs or operation of medical marihuana bars; prohibit. Amends 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.1101 - 333.25211) by adding sec. 7421.

Documents

The following bill formatting applies to the 2011-2012 session:

- New language in an amendatory bill will be shown in BOLD AND UPPERCASE.

- Language to be removed will be stricken.

- Amendments made by the House will be blue with square brackets, such as: [House amended text].

- Amendments made by the Senate will be red with double greater/lesser than symbols, such as: <<Senate amended text>>. (gray icons indicate that the action did not occur or that the document is not available)

Senate Introduced Bill

Introduced bills appear as they were introduced and reflect no subsequent amendments or changes. As Passed by the Senate

As Passed by the Senate is the bill, as introduced, that includes any adopted Senate amendments. As Passed by the House

As Passed by the House is the bill, as received from the Senate, that includes any adopted House amendments. Senate Enrolled Bill

Enrolled bill is the version passed in identical form by both houses of the Legislature.

Senate Fiscal Analysis COMMITTEE SUMMARY (Date Completed: 3-3-11)

This document analyzes: SB0017 FLOOR SUMMARY (Date Completed: 3-4-11)

This document analyzes: SB0017 History (House actions in lowercase, Senate actions in UPPERCASE)

Date Journal Action 1/19/2011SJ 3 Pg. 54REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON HEALTH POLICY 3/8/2011Expected in

SJ 21REPORTED FAVORABLY WITH SUBSTITUTE S-1 3/8/2011Expected in

SJ 21COMMITTEE RECOMMENDED IMMEDIATE EFFECT 3/8/2011Expected in

SJ 21REFERRED TO COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE WITH SUBSTITUTE S-1

Thanks to whoever posted this letter. I used it to write to Senator Jim Marleau who is Chair on Heath Policy.

jimmarleau@senate.michigan.gov

Dear Mr. Marleau;

I am grateful that you have taken the time to consider my concerns. Thank you very much.

We were told in an email from Senator Jones that the purpose of SB17, the banning of Medical Marijuana Compassion Clubs, is to prevent patients from medicating and then driving. We were later told by State Representative Rutledge that the purpose of SB17 is to keep illegal growers from profiting excessively.

Patients fear that the Senator Jones is making backroom deals with the dispensary business interests. They say he wants to eliminate the patient/caregiver model so that all medical marijuana would need to be purchased at dispensaries. Doing that would allow the state to collect revenue on all medical marijuana consumed. There are no "gray"

areas. That is just an excuse to open up our law, to tamper with it.

Leave the patient/ Caregiver model alone.

At a typical dispensary today, the cost of my medicine for my condition for a month would be well over $500. Many of us are on disability and simply could never afford those prices. Please recall that the intent of the law is to provide safe and affordable access to this medicine for patients. I would guess that about 75-80% of today’s patients would be unable to afford buying all of their medicine at dispensary prices. This is despicable thinking on the part of those who we have

voted in to protect our best interests.

Compassion Clubs are support groups, not marijuana sales outlets. Please recall that a good many of the people in this group are disabled and have a difficult time socializing. They are not very comfortable going out to bars or restaurants to socialize.

Compassion Clubs allow patients to socialize with their own. I am sure that some have transferred meds at a meeting but that is not sole purpose of the meetings. Please don’t legislate away the support groups from the sick and disabled.

I do not want the Michigan Government restricting Medical Marihuana patients any further, nor do I want the dispensary model. I want to be able to go to my local compassion club and have the right to use my medication just as I would be allowed to do in a "bar" serving alcohol.

There's where in our problems lie. Not with Marihuana but w/ alcohol

being allowed to be consumed legally. Those folks are the true danger to the safety of the public. Look at the statistics.

Thank you for listening. I really do appreciate it.

Sincerely,

They can't constitutionally or legally change what department means without altering our law. Not without a super majority. 7e is the supremacy section of the law. It has been violated numerous times. Every single instance illegally. We must prepare to use civil disobedience to secure our freedom. Prepare! Thanks, Bb

Preparing!!

I wish we would keep the current Patient/Caregiver Prop 1 law.

I wish dispensaries could operate in any fashion they saw fit. The ones with the best meds for the price should rise in popularity.

I wish Compassion Clubs could choose to have a smoking area, or not. A flea market sales area, or not.

I wish huge commercial grows, in Michigan, were allowed to flood the dispensaries, in Michigan, with an affordable, decent, product.

I wish the number of plants that could be grown by a caregiver, would go up. Overages could be sold, and maybe even taxed, at clubs and dispensaries.

I know that is not the current law. I know that was not the intent of the law. But, I wish it was.

I feel that the more that is grown, in Michigan, the better. Supply and demand. Too many good meds floating around should lower the prices. (Not good for greedy growers.)

If this really about the Patients, then, they should be able to get meds easily, and at lower prices. And, decide for themselves in regards to Clubs and Dispensaries.

Let Patients and Caregivers freely pick and choose, from the many options, that best fits their needs, expectations, and agreements.

im about to post an opinion here, that it seems noone is taking into consideration.

We as patients are allowed to use marihuana for medicinal purposes. that is the intent of the law, and that is where people should have attention focused. Ethically here, I see 2 "groups" working this argument, those that are rallying for patient rights, and those rallying for Marihuana rights.

The argument that is sticking out to me and forms my opinion is two sided. Unfortunately we cannot as patients claim we are promoting medical use if we stand to establish "bars" or "clubs" etc... where cannabis use is freely and openly used. Our stance is that it is for medical use. people dont go to a bar to medicate with alcohol. they dont carry a card that gives them access to alcohol. nor are they given a card to make alcohol at home. We have to keep our stance aligned with medical use, not recreational use. I see the argument that we can go to a bar and drink alcohol, then leave the bar and drive home. perhaps cause damage, injuries, perhaps arrive home without incident. the same holds true for cannabis.

the difference that is key here, is that noone fought and rallied for the medical use of alcohol, then said we need a place so anyone over age X can get it. the two stances are like church and state. they need to be kept separate in every argument patients bring forth, and in this case, as patients and caregivers, we cannot stand up and claim that these places help our "cause".

Now i know that some of you are angry, i know that some of you are going to bite and snip at me. Im fine with that. I have very liberal views regarding the law, but they are all based on the fact that im fighting on the side of patients rights, not on the legalization front.

This battle is for those interested in the right for all to use and we , as patients, cannot ethically fight for these places to exist. it is a conflict of interest at the core value that we base our arguments on.

Thanks

Robert

It is Senator Jones that has framed this discussion by calling compassion clubs "bars."

Thus he equates marijuana with alcohol. Which is completely unfair and misleading.

The Senators we talked to on Thursday had zero personal experience with marijuana. So all they have to go on is their own personal beliefs. What they have been taught over the years.

Many of those folks are of the mind set "Don't give me scientific data if it disagrees with what I believe." Case in point is when Senator Jones was informed of the survey I arranged. He responded something about the study being biased. That he knew that statewide support had fallen below the 50% mark with the voters.

An example of "don't confuse me with the facts."

Thus my offer to show them to their face. Real life. Which they turned down.

Here is scientific information:

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7459

Notice that the governments of the United States, Great Briton and Canada have all found the same thing. Consumption of marijuana causes a loss of motor skills that is about the same as someone with a 0.05% blood alcohol level. Well within the acceptable level of loss of motor skills lost because of alcohol.

I said to them "If you wish to do something about driving under the influence of cannabis, then do so, please. establish some threshold level that legally determines when someone is not allowed to drive. Zero tolerance is cruel to sick people in Michigan. However this bill does not address drivers. Instead it addresses property owners. It completely misses the intended mark."

In addition I told them "Coffee is a psychoactive substance. Yet no one would try to claim that someone consuming coffee is impacted exactly the same as if they had been drinking alcohol. Having a psychoactive effect does not mean something has the same impact as alcohol. It would be silly to claim coffee and alcohol have the same impact. Just as it is silly to claim that cannabis and alcohol have the same impact. My point is that they are different. Cannabis has little impact on driving abilities. In fact the warning label on the side of the bottle of pharmaceutical THC reads "don't operate heavy equipment or drive until you are used to the effect of this medicine."

Thanks DN, Great ideas! We can use different models too. If we change from a membership based model, this law is defeated. We can't allow tyrants to trample on the constitution. We got them right where we want them. Thanks, Bb

Can't say "Treatment". I had to come back to remind everyone. Please be very careful how this is worded.

Sb

And WHAT was that crap about jones claiming CC's invited him to smoke one with him? Did I really see that? If I did, that piece of trash lie MUST be dealt with. IF they invited him, it was NOT to smoke with him! WHAT A MISERABLE LIAR HE IS! Don't confuse US with LIES!!!!

Sb (I can't seem to stay away from this place)

Many of those folks are of the mind set "Don't give me scientific data if it disagrees with what I believe." Case in point is when Senator Jones was informed of the survey I arranged. He responded something about the study being biased. That he knew that statewide support had fallen below the 50% mark with the voters.

An example of "don't confuse me with the facts."

This is the one thing I run up against time and time again with people who debate dishonestly. Those comments from Jones would get him a F in any high school debate class but people seem to accept them as true even when faced with actual facts to the contrary. I think I would have told Jones that we have an actual poll done by a reputable polling firm. He has is opinion that is completely baseless in reality. But sense he has made the positive claim he has the burden of proof that support has fallen.

That piece of propaganda he's spewing has to be put down FAST. I see who the real nutjob is.

Sb

Archived