Senate Bill 17 Prohibit Cc Clubs And Marijuana Bars

The argument that is sticking out to me and forms my opinion is two sided. Unfortunately we cannot as patients claim we are promoting medical use if we stand to establish "bars" or "clubs" etc... where cannabis use is freely and openly used. Our stance is that it is for medical use. people dont go to a bar to medicate with alcohol. they dont carry a card that gives them access to alcohol.

People medicate using prescription drugs every day socially. Go to Bob Evens any morning and see how many people pop down their pills with breakfast. We should be able to medicate in the same ways without the stigma that we are doing anything wrong. Equating compassion clubs to bars is a total red herring that as PB points out attempts to equate THC effects with those of alcohol. We all know that is not the case. It is also a false dichotomy to say that clubs that allow smoking means people will be DUI. There are lots of other possibilities the most obvious being a designated driver.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well .. the senator is a user of power. Political power.

It may be time for me to apply spirit power.

Bible time ..

Ye shall know them by their fruit. My purpose it to minister healing to an entire state at one single moment. The forces that Senator Jones represents would force these same people to continue to suffer.

One of us works for healing one works against it. Think about the fruit.

In the process I expect to lower health care costs in Michigan by many millions of dollars. Which includes trimming State funded health care costs by many millions of dollars.

Free of charge. My gift to the state and the people.

I believe in miracles. But more than believe in them, I love living in the middle of them taking place.

I love watching healing take place. Those times where the doctors are shocked and in disbelief.

I believe in moving mountains also. Which is what it will take to warm these cold hearts.

The doctors who see the proof right in their test results, from severely ill patients, perhaps? SOMETHING has to get those cold-hearted beings to at LEASST CONSIDER the FACTS. But then watch out, then they'll still try to take it away. It may be futile to force them to see the truth. It's time for an all-out Truth Campaign that'll wipe those people's jobs away. The public needs to know the lies this guy and his co-horts are spewing, OUTRIGHT LIES against us. More letters will be written very soon.

I couldn't stay away from here, honest, I tried, I guess I just love this community too much to stay away.

Sb

Can't say "Treatment". I had to come back to remind everyone. Please be very careful how this is worded.

Sb

Well - I come from a medical field, so what we do is treating patients. My goal was to legitimize what we do, being a healthcare practitioner.

We should take it seriously what we do, we grow medicine, we recommend strains or ingestion methods, we should be monitoring our patients - to steer them toward strains that help, and toward good behavior. We should care about the patients long term outcome, and not the short term income. If more and more of us act like this, and less like a cash register or drug dealer - the word will get around.

I too have disappointments in the healthcare field as it is, 'treatment' was just a body-mill, bodies in, bodies out - the hospital and healthcare has grown to be a business that sees repeat business as more important than a cure. There is no compassion in the hospitals.

We will win the battle as long as we stay disciplined, stay focused, make small-calculated moves - for a strong foundation. We are building the MMMP for the future, what we do today does effect tomorrow. It matters that patients will not get this kind of relief, legally, if we fail.

I am a medical marijuana healthcare practitioner - and I am available for treatment!

If the battle is over names, like compassion clubs - we can change the names. The real battle is about our behavior at these events. Just like it says on our pill bottles - "Use care when driving or operating machinery" - I want my medical use of marijuana to have the same trust as that pill label.

-DN

This is from Representative Jeff Irwin . Sounds like he is on our side :thumbsu:

Thank you for your contacting me regarding Senate Bill 17. As you know this bill, if passed, would ban marijuana clubs and bars for the use of medical marijuana. I strongly support the Medical Marijuana Act and seek to strengthen the law rather than weaken it. Currently, this bill has been referred to the Senate Committee on Health Policy, of which I am not a member. However, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind should this reach the House floor for a vote.

Again, thank you again for your email. To monitor the progress of this bill please visit www.legislature.mi.gov.

Sincerely,

Jeff Irwin

Maybe the club models could be changed?

Set up a non-profit(NP) for medical services.

Set up a club A and a club B.

Club A is a dues optional club. Club B is only open to certain people from group A (Club A dues paying members).

The NP accepts donations and helps/donates to club A and/or B.

or would a setup like this not be legal?

This is from Representative Jeff Irwin . Sounds like he is on our side :thumbsu:

Thank you for your contacting me regarding Senate Bill 17. As you know this bill, if passed, would ban marijuana clubs and bars for the use of medical marijuana. I strongly support the Medical Marijuana Act and seek to strengthen the law rather than weaken it. Currently, this bill has been referred to the Senate Committee on Health Policy, of which I am not a member. However, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind should this reach the House floor for a vote.

Again, thank you again for your email. To monitor the progress of this bill please visit www.legislature.mi.gov.

Sincerely,

Jeff Irwin

I got one of those too. Notice he did not define what he means by "strengthen." From what I have seen from Lansing they can't be trusted.

• 1 month later...

The email's are still coming on SB 17 Is this dead or not?

Thank you contacting my office regarding Senate Bill 17, which is a bill concerning the ban of medical marijuana clubs and marijuana bars. I appreciate the opportunity to get back to you on this issue.

First off, on November 4, 2008, Michigan's citizens passed the Medical Marijuana Act for the state of Michigan, making the medicinal use of marijuana legal in the state. Since that time, numerous issues from citizens and local governments have been raised that were not addressed in the ballot initiative. One of those issues is the use of marijuana in clubs and bars. Michigan has a zero tolerance regarding driving under the influence of marijuana; therefore, I supported SB 17 in the Health Policy Committee. I am concerned about people driving under the influence. Nevertheless, legislation goes through many changes. I will consider your thoughts throughout the process.

Again, thank you for your input and I hope some of this information was helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact my office should you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Tonya Schuitmaker, Senator

Michigan 20th District

People medicate using prescription drugs every day socially. Go to Bob Evens any morning and see how many people pop down their pills with breakfast. We should be able to medicate in the same ways without the stigma that we are doing anything wrong. Equating compassion clubs to bars is a total red herring that as PB points out attempts to equate THC effects with those of alcohol. We all know that is not the case. It is also a false dichotomy to say that clubs that allow smoking means people will be DUI. There are lots of other possibilities the most obvious being a designated driver.

hey i can eat medibles in public...........all i -you- we -want, its not a social anti -social thing then

and people do medicate/lubricate with ALCOHOL-in BAR-BBQ BACKYARD NIGHT CLUB BEER TENT-LEGALIZATION FOR THAT ROUTE!

i dont want my kids breathing second hand MJ smoke out in public....just like nasty CIG's

BUT

CIGAR BARS ARE LEGAL.......... a possible route

Archived