Mdch Removed By Executive Order

welj31

Any authority, powers, duties, functions and responsibilities of the Bureau

of Health Professions of the Department of Community Health under the Michigan

Medical Marihuana Act, Initiated law 1 of 2008, MCl 333.26421 to 333.26430, are

transferred from the Department of Community Health to the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

Would this mean the protections are transferred as well? as they are both duties and responsibilities

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any authority, powers, duties, functions and responsibilities of the Bureau

of Health Professions of the Department of Community Health under the Michigan

Medical Marihuana Act, Initiated law 1 of 2008, MCl 333.26421 to 333.26430, are

transferred from the Department of Community Health to the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

Would this mean the protections are transferred as well? as they are both duties and responsibilities

I don't see how the order could change who criminal law applies to.

I will never understand why anyone depends on the state for this stuff. The law says we do not have to.

I will keep saying it until I am blue in the face.....

Take this law to the county levels. There is nothing from stoping your county from enacting county level medical marijuana programs, including the issuance of cards. Hell, your city or a family doctor could make a card.

The MMMA of 2008 clearly allows for this, and it clearly DOES NOT require registration with the state program.

Get outside of the box they have placed you in and create your own programs.

I will never understand why anyone depends on the state for this stuff. The law says we do not have to.

I will keep saying it until I am blue in the face.....

Take this law to the county levels. There is nothing from stoping your county from enacting county level medical marijuana programs, including the issuance of cards. Hell, your city or a family doctor could make a card.

The MMMA of 2008 clearly allows for this, and it clearly DOES NOT require registration with the state program.

Get outside of the box they have placed you in and create your own programs.

thats right the card only makes it wrost

that why are case is so inportant it's a A.D case it can not ever be another case like ares

This does not sound good:

The Office of Regulatory Reinvention shall review and evaluate all

promulgated and proposed rules by considering, without limitation, the following factors:

4. The extent to which the rules conflict with or duplicate similar rules or

regulations adopted by the state or federal government

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2011-2012/executiveorder/pdf/2011-EO-05.pdf

Guest 1TokeOverLine

our records are protected by the HIPPA Laws. which is federal on Medical Privacy. so they can do pretty much what they want in the new dept as the new Dept will be the main departmental body, ruling all the sub depts like ecomonic growth, jobs, MMJ act as well as the MDCH.

interesting. many offices are being consolodated here. cant say if it was intentional, but there is a specific part (3) directly mentioning at the MMMA 08 law.

Again, HIPAA protects federally licensed medical facilities and the electronic transmission of records, not paper files or records or even computer records (unless they are transmitted electronically). For some reason, some think that the MMMA records are automatically included - false.

This move from Public Health (medical licensing) to Licensing Regulation (regulatory) would appear to cinch the deal and removes the Act records from medical to licensing, making it easier for law enforcement to gain access under the right circumstances. I hope I'm wrong.

1T

I just hope the new department can deliniate between medicinal and other Cannabis interests more then those at the MDCH . Isnt the MDCH also responsable for filing for Federal Substance Abuse Funds , housing those professionals and implementing the programs in the State ? I was so hopeful they would find peace with medicinal cannabis and break it clearly out from their target substances for patients who feel they benefit . If change were to occur that was necessary . I think this taking it out of their realm displays there was no progress there . Am I wrong ?

I too am guilty of lumping all Republicans together but we have to help remind each other it isn't true or we may just hasten the day when all do sit on one side of the fence . Somone reminded me the other day their not all the same .

In our State there are a few leaders that are taking a very restrictive stance not reflective of all Republicans around the Country and the rest of our politicians just are not educated on the realities of medicinal cannabis so they follow blindly because drug use must be bad - right ? It's a feel good position that won't ruffle the feathers of many votes . From a patients standpoint the concept of drug abuse has been the worst possible insertion ever into the Doctor Patient relationship . It absolutely obscures all honest discussion and reasonable practices in dispensation and dosing .

. Here's a Republican Presidential Candidate for 2012 that used Medicinal Cannabis after a injury and speaks out for a end to the drug war . My concern about the regulatory change is that this entity will not have the medicinal incite the program requires to manage patients .

"In 2005, Johnson was involved in a near fatal paragliding accident when his wing got caught in a tree and he fell approximately fifty feet to the ground. Johnson suffered multiple bone fractures, including a burst fracture to his T12 vertebrae. He used marijuana for pain control from 2005 to 2008.[75]" see link below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_E._Johnson

:rolleyes:

I know not all repubs are bad, I knew a couple of them, I may've even met a repub politician who was a reasonable person. It'd be like saying all MM users are using it as an excuse to get high. Generalizing hurts everyone. We've had this discussion about leos too; we know they aren't all bad. I'm sorry for getting so angry, we're all upset and stressed and say things we should remember to add we don't think they're all bad. Right now I don't know any repub who's good. I'll take a peek at that article when I'm not so tired.. We all know better. I'm just so angry at the repubs who are making such a BIG STINK about all this, causing problems where that aren't any, and not addressing our concerns. Those who ARE abusing our law, and those who betrayed us, are causing most of the trouble. Those of us who are abiding by the law are doing our best. it's too bad some people refuse to accept it, (leos, judges, PA's, etc. as well as politicians)

I have to cut back on my time here to manage the stress but I'll want to stay updated on what happens in Lansing.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.

Sb

Again, HIPAA protects federally licensed medical facilities and the electronic transmission of records, not paper files or records or even computer records (unless they are transmitted electronically). For some reason, some think that the MMMA records are automatically included - false.

This move from Public Health (medical licensing) to Licensing Regulation (regulatory) would appear to cinch the deal and removes the Act records from medical to licensing, making it easier for law enforcement to gain access under the right circumstances. I hope I'm wrong.

1T

i hope you are wrong too

1T

Me too, hope you're wrong. Hippa protects patients . It overrides Federal. As does our right to life. At least some semblance,

thereof. We also have human rights and they are protected as such.

This state Govt shuffle currently proposed seeks to chage prioritys of their respective divisions. Health Services and

Bussiness and Economic Growth are 2(two) separate Departments. In fact the Dept of Licensing and Regulation are not even conducive

to Real Economic Growth. It is about stiffling it, in the form of excessive and abusive policies on renewals. ie collecting fees

and not producing said licensing for numerous unrelated reasons.

Clearly their is a dispute in the priorities between the Dept of Labor, Economics and Professional Licensing and Public

Health. Its like mixing Dairy and Hardware in a modern Retail outlet. Aren't their any requirements for being a Governor ? other

than citizenship ?

Me too, hope you're wrong. Hippa protects patients . It overrides Federal. As does our right to life. At least some semblance, thereof. We also have human rights and they are

protected as such.

This state Govt shuffle currently proposed seeks to chage prioritys of their respective divisions. Health Services and

Bussiness and Economic Growth are 2(two) separate Departments. In fact the Dept of Licensing and Regulation are not even conducive

to Real Economic Growth. It is about stiffling it, in the form of excessive and abusive policies on renewals. ie collecting fees

and not producing said licensing for numerous unrelated reasons.

Clearly their is a dispute in the priorities between the Dept of Labor, Economics and Professional Licensing and Public

Health. Its like mixing Dairy and Hardware in a modern Retail outlet. Aren't their any requirements for being a Governor ? other

than citizenship ?

Just that one other requirement of getting more votes in an election.

The departmental shake-up has me wondering if this is some ploy to stop issuing MMMA cards. Paranoid? Yes, for good reason.

On the other hand it could produce marvelous synergies and save oodles of money and make everyone super happy and have everyone raving about the genius in Lansing. Yeah, right.

How can we find out what all this really means for us? Where's the best place to go to find out?

Sb

OK , I just reread the Original Document. It does NOT apply to us. He is removing Pro Health Care Licensing as well as Substance Abuse Programs to the New Dept - Lics & Regs . Maybe I should reread it again ? Im sure ...we gonna haveto stay on these shady characters.

Could you post the link for Original Document, please. I to do not know where to look. My searches have been futile :blush:

well my check should have been cashed by now,the state has never waited this long to cash any checks I've sent in before.

My Renewal Date is late in May... oh boy.

Oh now I know why I missed the link, it's a pdf.

Sb

I sure hope you can make more sense of it than I!

I'm so happy that sb17 is tabled, but now am

trying to figure out the ramifications of Exec. Order 2011 - 4.

I consider myself somewhat well read but legalese is

not my forte'!

I sure hope who ever is our resident scholar on these

types of writings will step forward and give it in layman's terms.

Sb, I read some of your other posts elsewhere, on your needing

a break etc... just to let you know, I was feeling the same also.

You sound better now, I hope that to be true :)

I do also (kinda).

well my check should have been cashed by now,the state has never waited this long to cash any checks I've sent in before.

Relax, not to worry . much . Longs' you have your copy of renewal ? Plus you have your old card? And your word . Your 99%+ covered anyways ! The rest is one of those gray areas, they haven't had much luck to figure those out yet. Keep em baffled. Send another $10 get a new Patient. Or a caregiver ... peace

Patience they normally cash checks asap . There may be more to this one such as a criminal background check >? I have seen them take as long as 12 days to deposit and cash a check even though they generally do so in 2 days time . I do know that caregivers are checked by the Mdch for state police for records and this can take extra time ......Hope this relieves ya a little .........

well this is my renewal ,we have done CG changes before and address change and hubbys renewal,all checks within two days so this just seemed suspicious to me considering all that is going on in Lansing these days. thanks,Dawn

yes, its my understanding HIPPA rules outweigh even Federal mandates, though im not sure. Medical Patients Privacies are taken VERY VERY Seriously since the late 90s.

By my read of the intial 3 to 5 pages, the Gov is taking 4 to 6 seperate departments, each with individualy operated systems,budgets, Managers ect.... that report indipendantly to the Gov, and moving them all under One Master Dept (Dpt of Licensing and Regulation) so all depts will now report as seperate divisions to one person as a single entity. IE... instead of 6 to 8 different divisions, they are now 8 subdivisions of one entity, thus easier to micro manage and bean count.

but number 3 on the initial page clearly mandates the MMMA 08 act, be moved in its entirety, from MDCH, to the main Dept of Lincensing and Regulations. Now, if this is only a move to magange the program better, fine. If they can get authoriztions made, and cards to Pts/CGs with in a 4 week period, they did somethig good. But, its just as easy to think that they can just as simpy deny 88% of the applications, clearly as a Statement to the public at large, as well as the Supporters of the MMMA08 act, that the Gov is pulling the strings now, which i dont see as being very good in any light.

Archived