3 Question About Address Change

Wondering the best way to handle the timing of mailing in the Change Form. Was thinking to get the address change sticker on my DL, then attach a copy of both sides to the Change Form.

1. Am I required to submit a Change Form, or can I wait until renewal time to change the address on that form?

2. The Change Form says to "attach a copy of your driver's license." Does the DL copy need to show the future, current, or both addresses?

3. Will the new card have the same patient id number?

the address on your card is your mailing address, could even be a PO box. you can wait till renewal

change form says add copy of license to prove you are you

I have all 6 cards, my patient # and all 5 caregiver #'s are all the same, not sure yet if they'll change with renewal. I just sent in the first renewal a few days ago

Not true according to MDCH.

"You are required to tell the MMMP in writing of any such changes within 14 days of the change."

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-27417_51869_52140---,00.html

I'd like to know what source the MDCH used when they wrote this FAQ. I don't recall seeing the "14 day" requirement noted in either their proposed administrative rules or in the MMMA.

I just got off the phone with my doctor's office. The person who answered the phone suggested to not send in the Change Form. I forgot to ask about waiting for renewal... was caught off guard by that suggestion. lol

I'd like to know what source the MDCH used when they wrote this FAQ.

They don't want you to know, but wouldn't you rather spend the $10.00 so there is no conflict should problems arise?

If you're a caregiver, the rules don't apply the way they are written. If you're a patient, do it just to cross your T's and dot your I's.

Rule 19. (1) In order to update registry information for a qualifying patient or primary caregiver, the registered qualifying patient, registered primary caregiver, or registered qualifying patient’s parent or legal guardian, as applicable, is responsible for notifying the department of a change in any of the following:

a] The registered qualifying patient's name.

b] The registered qualifying patient’s address.

the address on your card is your mailing address, could even be a PO box. you can wait till renewal

change form says add copy of license to prove you are you

I have all 6 cards, my patient # and all 5 caregiver #'s are all the same, not sure yet if they'll change with renewal. I just sent in the first renewal a few days ago

LongHairBri,

My id# is 13 characters long, plus a dash in the middle. On my renewed card, the 9th character has been increased by 1. That's the only difference.

Does anyone know if the id# changes as a result of an Address Change?

Archived