Dr. Edward Harwell?

No need to start a new thread on Twin bridges and the joke of a Compassion club diguised as a Dispensary ! Check it out its under ,Twin Bridges Cc

reputation/feedback.. People have been forwarned of the scam and games there ! Hopefully well see places like those closed for good soon !!!

could I get a link to that? cause I cannot seem to find it

thanx

No need to start a new thread on Twin bridges and the joke of a Compassion club diguised as a Dispensary ! Check it out its under ,Twin Bridges Cc

reputation/feedback.. People have been forwarned of the scam and games there ! Hopefully well see places like those closed for good soon !!!

As you can see theres plenty of need..... most didnt know about him, and this isnt about twin bridges this was a post about the doctor. id be happy to discuss twin bridges in another thread, in this one i made my concerns are over the doctor. i know somethings he did in the last week in my town i dont think were legal or good for our cause.

Guest finallyfree09

i recently had a VERY bad experience with that dr. DO NOT GO TO HIM. this dr needs to be run out of michigan. and as far as twin bridges.... your call but the guy is a little weasle. i will never do business with him again.

• 1 year later...

I filed an allegation against "DR" Harwell with the State of MI in October of 2010. Apparently others have been filed since then and a formal complaint has finally been issued by the AG's office. I have made a FOIA request for any and all complaints filed on him and will post more when I receive the info.

I would assume that given the thousands of certs that he has signed and sold without regard for anyone's actual health, many lives have been ruined!

If you are a patient of his and have been prosecuted, or if you have any information about this bad pot doc, PLEASE contact me here. We need to send "Dr." Harwell back to Florida where he was been, retired for the 15 yrs prior to MMMP, enjoying a life of luxury on the first fortune he made actually practicing medicine in Michigan.

I filed an allegation against "DR" Harwell with the State of MI in October of 2010. Apparently others have been filed since then and a formal complaint has finally been issued by the AG's office. I have made a FOIA request for any and all complaints filed on him and will post more when I receive the info.

I would assume that given the thousands of certs that he has signed and sold without regard for anyone's actual health, many lives have been ruined!

If you are a patient of his and have been prosecuted, or if you have any information about this bad pot doc, PLEASE contact me here. We need to send "Dr." Harwell back to Florida where he was been, retired for the 15 yrs prior to MMMP, enjoying a life of luxury on the first fortune he made actually practicing medicine in Michigan.

Have people actually been prosecuted for what the justice system believes was a bad certification? You state that "many lives have been ruined!". Please provide names and cases. You know, I assume, that a doctor only makes a "recommendation" that cannabis may help a person with certain medical problems - it is up to the patient to decide whether or not they choose to use cannabis. Since cannabis has been shown (anecdotally) to be a relatively innocuous substance that will not cause harmful side effects, doctors have felt relatively safe recommending it for patients who wish to try it - kind of like over the counter herbal remedies. If a doctor feels that cannabis may help someone, it is up to him, through the privileges granted by his medical license, to recommend the substance to anyone he feels meets the qualifications listed in the MMMA. How is it that laypeople (those who do not posses a medical license) are able to second guess a licensed physician? You are buying into the same lame argument that the prohibitionists are using. This is just another straw that the anti-cannabis hysterics are grasping onto. They have no business interfering in a doctor-patient relationship. Isn't this the message that the Republicans (Bill Schuette's party) harp on? Once again their hypocrisy is showing through.

It doesn't take a PHD to figure it out: When a Dr sells paper from his RX pad, the Dr goes to jail. When a Dr sells MMMP paper, patients go to jail. This is exactly what needs to change! Drs were supposed to be the gatekeepers of the MMMP. Dr Harell opened the floodgates and went to the bank.

You still need to provide concrete examples of people who have been prosecuted based on a "bad Dr. certification". If you can't provide names and cases it may be time for you to drop the insinuations. Are you a Republican by any chance?

I am not a Republican. NOT a Dr. Not an attorney. I am pro LEGALIZATION. The current MMMP is not a means to that end.

My question to you, AMISH, is why would you defend a card mill doc who has forced patients (not limited to his own pts) justify their need for MMJ in a court of law?

This has nothing to do with politics. It has everything to do with professional ethics and an oath to "first do no harm".

This doctor is known for being the go to guy for no records certs. He has admitted to it. He has been filmed doing it. His brand of medicine affords no protection under the current laws and it makes us all look bad.

He solicited anyone over 18 with money and a valid DL to get signed in a night club.

Would you want him to be the only thing standing between you and a jail cell?

I am not a Republican. NOT a Dr. Not an attorney. I am pro LEGALIZATION. The current MMMP is not a means to that end.

My question to you, AMISH, is why would you defend a card mill doc who has forced patients (not limited to his own pts) justify their need for MMJ in a court of law?

This has nothing to do with politics. It has everything to do with professional ethics and an oath to "first do no harm".

This doctor is known for being the go to guy for no records certs. He has admitted to it. He has been filmed doing it. His brand of medicine affords no protection under the current laws and it makes us all look bad.

He solicited anyone over 18 with money and a valid DL to get signed in a night club.

Would you want him to be the only thing standing between you and a jail cell?

I just haven't heard of anyone being prosecuted for their doctor's mistakes. I may be wrong on this, but I am under the impression that a doctor can recommend cannabis to anyone who meets the medical criteria set out in the law. One of those criteria - pain - can sometimes be a subjective decision based on the doctor's best guess. When you get non-medical people second guessing a doctor's decision it seems that a big can of worms could get opened up. Are lawyers going to question every doctor's opinions, especially in such a gray area as cannabis recommendations for pain management?

I was getting a little snarky in my previous posts. Please forgive me for that.

You are passionate....not taken as snarky. This doc is clearly abusing the system for his own benefit. :money:

It is catching up with him now and I just want everyone in the MMJ community to know.

This type of behavior (by doctors) is what called into question the Dr- patient relationship in the first place and it will most likely lead to more difficulty in obtaining certs in the future (as they further regulate the process). Long- term , severe and debilitating pain can't be proven in a 2 min face to face without review of medical records. No Dr would write an RX for narcs for a whole year under those circumstances. That's just common sense. Pot is still a schedule one drug... one false move and you're a felon.

I understand the crux of your argument now and, yes, some doctors may be a little too liberal with the recommendations, but if the legislature tries to remedy what they perceive as a problem it may have repercussions beyond what they are trying to regulate.

Anyway, I agree with Judge Richard Posner (possibly the smartest legal mind in the world) that marijuana prohibition has caused way more problems than it has solved. It appears that the legislature is prepared to add to the problems.