"p2P Covers Me, Bro."

grewett

So it's been a few years and I haven't seen these cadre since before we got our law, and I was curious, how had the law changed things for them? They pull out their cards, and their renewal papers and complain about how the papers are the only thing making them legal and the ridiculous length of time it takes to get the new card. I know which ones of them them have drug felonies; all but one. They were dealers long before the law and I didn't guess they'd changed careers, but they say (all laughter and cheers), it's better now--now we're legal. They don't sell more than 2.5 ounces in any one transaction, if someone wants more than that they'll see them a second time that day or if it's a lot more, bring a caregiver. They don't carry more than 2.5 ounces in their cars (unless a caregiver is riding with them), and then they carry max 17.5 ounces (2.5 patient and 15 caregiver) for sale to a number of patients at 2.5 ounces per buyer. They are moving 5+ pounds each per day, 5 days a week. And they 're all bravado--they're legal and every other word they say is the justification for what they do, "patient-to-patient." I think to myself they're still dealers and they sense it and we end up in an argument and go our separate ways not happy that we met up again.

But really, if you sell 2.5 ounces to 30+ buyers per week--none of which you grew, all brokered from warehouse growers who don't want to risk selling their own crops, are you really legal? They angrily insisted yes, all transactions are "patient-to-patient," they don't sell to non-patients or caregivers, only patients with cards or papers, and that makes it alright.

I think I should quit my job and jump onto their gig doing patient-to-patient. Be my own boss, $2,000 a week cash with no taxes deducted, a legal way to move meds and make a mint.

So really, seriously, our law makes what they do all nice and legal? They were dealers before the law, aren't they still illegal?

where did you get those figures? most legal patients are on fixed income, and their income revolves around a SSD/SSI check coming once a month.

Get rich? Really? Indeed if you are moving 5 pounds a WEEK, you are not in legal weight or could not possibly find that many legal patients in your area (dont care if you are downtown detroit) - that have money to burn.

There are people that think like this, that there is a shiet load of money to be made - off legal patients. They are kidding.

Call them what they are, but don't group us all in the same basket. Thats what LEO does.

-DN

You have to understand, it is only the subliminal effects of the "war on drugs" that influence your thinking into believing that something is wrong with what they are doing. To some degree, they are correct, it IS now a legal avocation. And in any free market capitalistic enterprise, you are going to see a wide range of commercial exploitation. It is un-avoidable( and must be acceptable), in an effort to reach as many people as possible with the medicinal paradigm that is marijuana.

Guest finallyfree09

You have to understand, it is only the subliminal effects of the "war on drugs" that influence your thinking into believing that something is wrong with what they are doing. To some degree, they are correct, it IS now a legal avocation. And in any free market capitalistic enterprise, you are going to see a wide range of commercial exploitation. It is un-avoidable( and must be acceptable), in an effort to reach as many people as possible with the medicinal paradigm that is marijuana.

very interesting take on the whole thing. your comment makes one think a bit.

on one note, if your moving that much, your still dealing imo. like any law, their are ins/outs and advantages and disadvantages. if they are indeed only selling 2.5 oz max to a Pt or CG, being a CG can AQUIRE 2.5 oz for each pt he has up to his 5 pt (6 if he also is a Pt). so on that respect, a CG can Aquire 15 oz of legal meds. 6 individual packed 2.5 oz. lable each pk, and hes within the law for his CG status.

the trick is to be a Pt as a Self CG. no assigned Pts imo. but at some point, their HAS to be a large supply somewhere. Being a CG including himself as a PT, can only have 2.5 per pt, then he can only possess 15 oz maximum (6x2.5) for himself and his pt. and imo, to be in sync with the law as writen, he would need 6 individual 2.5 oz packages to be safe.

now if you have a CG with 5 assigned pt, he can hold up to 15 oz.

question now is. what if you have a CG/PT that his Pts (assinged and authorized) are only Aquiring for each of their 5 pts?

SO you have one CG with 5 Using Pts. he aquires 12.5 (his 5 pts legal amount) from his CG. His CG has 5 PTs in the same situation, each a CG/Pt, with 5 assinged pts, each needing 15oz to fill their CG needs for their Pts. so in a legal sence, by the INTENT of the law, the 2nd upper CG can then have 75 oz available at any one time to fill HIS Assigned Pts needs. but imo, as the law is being interprited, 2.5 max, for a pt, 15 oz max for any CG with 5 assinged Pts (including his own Pt status). Cuz as a CG, you can only supply 2.5 per PT. not 15oz per PT, who is aquiring 15/oz for his 5 assigned PT, cuz in this respect, when he gets more than his personal 2.5 oz, he is no long a PT, but a CG. so as a PT, his CG can only give him 2.5, but hes getting 15. his 2.5 and 12.5 for his 5 assinged pts. Its a very slippery slope im afraid, and really pushing the boundries of not only the written laws, but the Intent of those very laws.

it looks like this thru my eyes.

Because a Cg has 5 Assigned Pts, each able have 5 Assigned Pts of their own, the top CG can legally hold up to 75 oz is how they are interpriting it imo. (77.5 if he too is also a pt) at any given point. imo, again to be safe, each in 2.5 oz packages ready to be labled. But, infact, as a CG with an ASSIGNED PT, you can only DONATE/DISPENCE 2.5 oz max to any one Pt, regardless of the fact he may also be a CG of 5 assigned pts himself.

so you have a bunch of pts down low, and bunch of Pt/Cgs above them but not as many, maybe 1/5th the amount, that only sell to their assinged Pts. above them you have more Pt/Cgs, who only sell to THEIR assigned Pts. (the 5 right below them). as you can imagine the person above them, a CG with 5 assigned Pts (the 5 right below them) can hold 375 oz on hand for his 5 PTs. Because his 5Pts are CG/Pts, with 5 assinged Pt, that need meds for Thieir 5 assinged Pts, who need meds for their 5 Assigned Pts ect.....

starting to see a pattern? i am. its kind of funny really, people are worried about Schnieder letting amway run a county, but this structure is setup exactly like an amway distributorship. a big pyramid, with theh only real people making money are on the top 5 or 6 levels. and they total a mere 1/10000th of people on the levels below them. lol

pt(bottom line sellers) get their product from their up, who gets their product from their up, who gets their product from their up, who gets their product from their up, who gets their product.... you see the pattern, or you should by now. now the who legal point is as a CG you sign an AFFIDAVID, that you will only DISPENCE to your 5 Assinged Pts. as a PT, you recommend a CG as your authorized CG, and he can supply you with your needs.

the way i understand it is as a CG, you can only Dispence enough Meds to cover your PT, not your PT, who is also a CG with 5 assinged Pt. But in the Legal Discription of authorized CG of up to 5 Pts, that a CG can "AQUIRE" meds for his assinged Pts, up to 5 only.

loop.

its setup like a pyramid that can only go up so tall, as it all is hinging on the 2.5 oz on hand rule, and the 12.5 oz onhand as a CG with 5 Assinged Pts, which you swear by affidavid, that you will only Dispense to those 5 Pts assigned to you. AS A CG. but as a PT, you can Pt/PT to others. again Loophole.

So it's been a few years and I haven't seen these cadre since before we got our law, and I was curious, how had the law changed things for them? They pull out their cards, and their renewal papers and complain about how the papers are the only thing making them legal and the ridiculous length of time it takes to get the new card. I know which ones of them them have drug felonies; all but one. They were dealers long before the law and I didn't guess they'd changed careers, but they say (all laughter and cheers), it's better now--now we're legal. They don't sell more than 2.5 ounces in any one transaction, if someone wants more than that they'll see them a second time that day or if it's a lot more, bring a caregiver. They don't carry more than 2.5 ounces in their cars (unless a caregiver is riding with them), and then they carry max 17.5 ounces (2.5 patient and 15 caregiver) for sale to a number of patients at 2.5 ounces per buyer. They are moving 5+ pounds each per day, 5 days a week. And they 're all bravado--they're legal and every other word they say is the justification for what they do, "patient-to-patient." I think to myself they're still dealers and they sense it and we end up in an argument and go our separate ways not happy that we met up again.

But really, if you sell 2.5 ounces to 30+ buyers per week--none of which you grew, all brokered from warehouse growers who don't want to risk selling their own crops, are you really legal? They angrily insisted yes, all transactions are "patient-to-patient," they don't sell to non-patients or caregivers, only patients with cards or papers, and that makes it alright.

I think I should quit my job and jump onto their gig doing patient-to-patient. Be my own boss, $2,000 a week cash with no taxes deducted, a legal way to move meds and make a mint.

So really, seriously, our law makes what they do all nice and legal? They were dealers before the law, aren't they still illegal?

Yeah! What the hell are they thinking?! We can't have anyone making money around here! This is Michigan after all!!!

Who cares if they're carrying only what they are legally allowed, selling only to qualifying patients and following the letter of the law to a "T".

I smell sour grapes.

My take has always been if you want to continue dealing then just do it; if getting a card makes you feel better about it then get one. But if you are going to deal don't go public as my advocate or even pretending to be me, (ie; a patient).

So I look at your post and your words come out like a newly converted fundamentalists judgement - suddenly your friends are not worthy and your morals are superior.

Taking into account you have multiple 'friends' with drug felonys I can only conclude a few things, and none of them make you look like Saint; but all of them point to them as your peers.

If you aren't a cop or a snitch it shouldn't matter to you what your friends do. If it does matter like your message conveys then you should find new friends who meet your new standards.

Thanks for the flowers.

I just want to add that my point is that one Adam Brooke equals a thousand or more of the op's 'friends' when bad things happen, and we are on the losing end of the optics every time an 'activist' get's popped doing something outside the medical law.

I was a patient long before I was a cardholder, and I was stoner before I was a patient; my friends morality or usefullness has not changed simply because the law changed.

I'm rocking Elephant Purple, Purple Rhino, White Rhino, Arcata TrainWreck, UK Cheese, Purple Kush, Grape Stomper, and TGA Sub-Kool Vortex in my garden thanks to my friends.

Why does it matter if some people are doing this? I don't understand where your complaint is. You're angry because people can sell to other patients or caregivers legally? Don't we want legalization? I'm confused.

Tax evasion is still very illegal and very prosecutable and easily caught with that much money flow.

This law does not "cover" criminal activity. What is illegal is illegal and what in no longer illegal is no longer illegal.

What a great law. It brings people out of criminal activity into the law abiding, as long as they are paying their taxes.

Reads a little like fiction, embellishment, or speculation though.

Tax evasion is still very illegal and very prosecutable and easily caught with that much money flow.

This law does not "cover" criminal activity. What is illegal is illegal and what in no longer illegal is no longer illegal.

What a great law. It brings people out of criminal activity into the law abiding, as long as they are paying their taxes.

Reads a little like fiction, embellishment, or speculation though.

When discussing Taxes were entering into real world practice that pit's fear into people . Bottom line is there is no way to comply now with tax law other then wing it . I am not a tax professional who can comprehend all angles here but the best advice that made sense I have heard was to follow file under broad concepts on schedule C and the related forms . I haven't a clue how non profit status can help individuals maybe someone could share that . Heaven help one in a Federal audit . This is a area we all should be interested in because it must be addressed at the State tax code level if this is to be a viable , legal community where one day we don't have to hide behind avatars and sick disabled patients are able to legally have adequate inexpensive supply without question if their unable to grow .

The average caregiver or caregiver/patient is terrified to even recognize their situation on tax forms and the rules their told apply are so unfair and unrealistic in business practice compliance most likely is nil reflecting poorly on participants . A prudent person would probably reveal activity under a truck garden and then separate patient service self employment . That is one of the issues at the State level our 148 legislators could improve emphatically updating current Michigan tax law to support fair tax payment practice similar to the for mentioned categories creating a working system following the intent the MMM Act 's foundation for change .

The problem in tax compliance is the concept prohibition supporters and actual policy currently cling to : that no expense deductions are allowed period because anything having to do with growing or transacting medicinal Cannabis is illegal at the Federal level ( supported in a 2005 Federal Supreme Court Decision that will not delineate or even consider the separate issue of medicinal over recreational use ) . In spite of people who claim Federal Law trumps State law our Nations creators had great respect for the concept of State rights and differences . The current tax environment helps nobody and needs to be rectified by intelligent legislators here in Michigan and the Federal Government . The fact that medicinal items that are prescribed are not subject to sales tax in Michigan and a recommendation was a just a way around Federal law exercising State rights should be heavily considered in tax policy . We do not levy special taxes on medicinal items in MIchigan . If anything we subsidize them for the poor .

Current policy is pure discrimination against medicinal use , medicinal users and distribution that is necessary in practice . .It causes harm to families with no benefit other then supporting the old prohibitionist status quo against patient needs . If the Government is is honorable about not going after patients who are in compliance with State Medicinal Cannabis law then this one area of State law that needs to be clarified to protect patients and follow the intent of the MMM Act . Even if the Federal Government reneges it is still a required step for bringing Cannabis back into society for patients and upholding the honor and integrity of Michigan Citizens . It is the responsibility of our Legislators to support voter initiatives which are the best representation of what the Citizens desire in democracy not create obstacles based on personal views .

This is a topic I really have little intimate knowledge of and sure would like to learn what others think . How patients can express thoughts safely on a public board without reprisal on such topics always worries me .

When discussing Taxes were entering into real world practice that pit's fear into people . Bottom line is there is no way to comply now with tax law other then wing it . I am not a tax professional who can comprehend all angles here but the best advice that made sense I have heard was to follow file under broad concepts on schedule C and the related forms . I haven't a clue how non profit status can help individuals maybe someone could share that . Heaven help one in a Federal audit . This is a area we all should be interested in because it must be addressed at the State tax code level if this is to be a viable , legal community where one day we don't have to hide behind avatars and sick disabled patients are able to legally have adequate inexpensive supply without question if their unable to grow .

The average caregiver or caregiver/patient is terrified to even recognize their situation on tax forms and the rules their told apply are so unfair and unrealistic in business practice compliance most likely is nil reflecting poorly on participants . A prudent person would probably reveal activity under a truck garden and then separate patient service self employment . That is one of the issues at the State level our 148 legislators could improve emphatically updating current Michigan tax law to support fair tax payment practice similar to the for mentioned categories creating a working system following the intent the MMM Act 's foundation for change .

The problem in tax compliance is the concept prohibition supporters and actual policy currently cling to : that no expense deductions are allowed period because anything having to do with growing or transacting medicinal Cannabis is illegal at the Federal level ( supported in a 2005 Federal Supreme Court Decision that will not delineate or even consider the separate issue of medicinal over recreational use ) . In spite of people who claim Federal Law trumps State law our Nations creators had great respect for the concept of State rights and differences . The current tax environment helps nobody and needs to be rectified by intelligent legislators here in Michigan and the Federal Government . The fact that medicinal items that are prescribed are not subject to sales tax in Michigan and a recommendation was a just a way around Federal law exercising State rights should be heavily considered in tax policy . We do not levy special taxes on medicinal items in MIchigan . If anything we subsidize them for the poor .

Current policy is pure discrimination against medicinal use , medicinal users and distribution that is necessary in practice . .It causes harm to families with no benefit other then supporting the old prohibitionist status quo against patient needs . If the Government is is honorable about not going after patients who are in compliance with State Medicinal Cannabis law then this one area of State law that needs to be clarified to protect patients and follow the intent of the MMM Act . Even if the Federal Government reneges it is still a required step for bringing Cannabis back into society for patients and upholding the honor and integrity of Michigan Citizens . It is the responsibility of our Legislators to support voter initiatives which are the best representation of what the Citizens desire in democracy not create obstacles based on personal views .

This is a topic I really have little intimate knowledge of and sure would like to learn what others think . How patients can express thoughts safely on a public board without reprisal on such topics always worries me .

Very good points. Throughout the war on drugs the feds have nailed some pretty big dealers and mobsters through tax laws when they can not catch them doing anything else illegal. This is why crime rings "launder" their money. When there is a transaction of $10,000 or more it is reported to the feds, by law. They pull all banking and other financial statements looking for unreported income.

There is a section to report miscellaneous income on tax forms, which would technically be the profit. Not total revenue. I sure would not want to explain that one during an audit, but to stay legal it must be reported. Illegal income is also suppose to be reported.

A chance meeting at the Hard Rock, where my son's former posse was seated a few tables away has made me certain I was right to stop them from coming to our house. It caused a split with my long-gone daughter that still stands and a sour attitude towards me on the part of my son, and contributed to my divorce. Ten years later on this accidental meetup I wondered if they'd take me out and beat my azz. I'm a patient and CG and still, I'm bothered by their use of the Act as a screen for their activities. Someone had great insight in saying that an element in society will push the letter and spirit beyond what the voters ever intended, but it is a consequence inescapable. The comments on taxes is a good point to those of us who do not take pride in putting stuff over on the government (we are the government) but for these guys it is a boast. Also, they laugh that p2p and Detroit's current lax enforcement on dealing marihuana pretty well protects them from any consequences.

"so long as all we're doing is dealing a little weed."

One answer to all this: Free The Weed! Legalize it and take money out of the equation. Make it so prevalent and easy to obtain that the price will drop to Zero. I think there is reason to believe that taking the "illegal thrill" part out of the equation would cause a reduced demand also. Treat people who have "marijuana related problems" the same as people who have alcohol related problems. Have an open debate about the drug and its use. Trust people to make the right decisions for themselves. Let people who make the wrong decisions pay for their choice. We do that with alcohol and marijuana has a LOT less negative implications for society than alcohol does.

If you don't like the "mobile dispensaries" then don't patronize them.

For a lot of people, having someone willing to deliver meds to their door takes a lot of stress out of their lives.

Ya know a lot of people just need/want good meds and are offended by the prices @ brick and mortar and mobile dispensaries. They are sick and they can't afford it.

My only issue is that this prices sort of mirror "street" prices.

sounds like big brother to me. Why are you so concerned with what other people do with their medicine? Its none of your business! How bout we come decide what you should or can and cant do with yours? This is a topic for a LEO forum, or a full on legalization forum. Gather your evidence and present it to the police. Dont come here for a call to action cause you dont like what people do privately with their medicine.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the flowers.

I just want to add that my point is that one Adam Brooke equals a thousand or more of the op's 'friends' when bad things happen, and we are on the losing end of the optics every time an 'activist' get's popped doing something outside the medical law.

I was a patient long before I was a cardholder, and I was stoner before I was a patient; my friends morality or usefullness has not changed simply because the law changed.

I'm rocking Elephant Purple, Purple Rhino, White Rhino, Arcata TrainWreck, UK Cheese, Purple Kush, Grape Stomper, and TGA Sub-Kool Vortex in my garden thanks to my friends.

Hey Blueberry was looking for that Arcata Trainwreck. You should send him a pm.

Archived