Anyone Experienced Cloning In Floral Foam?

pic book

My cat knocked EZ Cloner to cement floor and after it fell 5 feet it EZ broke and smashed the rooted clones. Grow store had a huge price on a complete replacement, with parts relatively cheap but special order coming in maybe, a week. LOL--if not on back-order. So the clerk said I never even mess with EZ. I just wet these floral foam squares, paint on the clone preparation, stick it in hole. Put a dome over to keep moisture in the blocks (tape your EZ cloner lid up) and in a week you'll have roots, about the same time that you next need to water the foam, it retains water for so long.

The store was closing, the register was rung out and he handed me a sheet of blocks of floral foam free (dark brown foam about 2 x 3 x 1 with hole in center). It doesn't feel rubbery but textured, like a dry sponge that compresses easily.

Anybody had success cloning in floral foam? As he described?

The right strain will root in anything, anywhere. Floral foam is really old school technology, well superseded by most modern tech. What were it's pitfalls? Mostly it's tendency to hold too much water - unevenly, and with not enough air. They also had problems with the boreholes lacking adequate grip and correct moisture level for the stems to thrive. Most other alternatives in popular use today are much better choices, methinks the free offer was one of necessity...

Archived