Simpson Oil

I got to a point where I was able to sacrifice a 1/4 pound of premium buds and decided to try my hand at making some of the Rick Simpson Oil. I had read so many good things about it, saw the video, and heard of many miricle stories involving simpson oil. I just had to try and see for myself.

The final product really seems to be better than what I ever expected. I did not know that marijuana was capabile of producing such a potent medicinal product. Eating the oil is in a whole different category compared to smoking or vaping. Just a little pinch, very little pinch, and one can be medicated for a good 8 hours. The simpson oil gives similar but also very different effects than smoking buds.

One of my patients, an elderly man, is taking 60 mg morphine sulphate (time release), he said that the oil lasted longer, he didn't even feel the need to take any of the pain meds prescribed by his Dr., and said that the oil seemd to do things for him that no medicine has ever done for him. Things like curbing the desire to smoke, drink coffee, or take more pain meds, it gave him more energy throughout the day, he wasn't getting as tired towards the end of the day, helped regulate his appetite and even helped improve his breathing. He said it even made him feel better mentaly. When he came to visit me today and report on his experience, I gave him a single dose and within 5 minutes I could see that he was feeling much better then when he had first arrived. He said that the pain seemed to just melt away. I sent him home with more oil.

After testing it myself I now realize that the simpson oil is possibly the only true medical marijuana product that I have tried that really works. I have not had any other product involving marijuana that even compares to the medicinal use of simpson oil.

I believe that simpson oil is 100% worth it if done right. I will say it is dangerous to make it and I would not recommend using any amount less than 1/4 pound of product to produce it.

I am now a believer of all of the testimonials I have seen and read regarding the Rick Simpson Oil. It is no wonder, like Rick Simpson said in his video, that the pharmacutical companies could be encouraging our government to keep marijuana illegal so they can continue to profit by manufacturing poisonous garbage medicine for us, filled with very bad side effects. It would not suprise me at all if the Simpson Oil could replace 90% or more of the garbage that the pharmacutical companies are producing for us. Beginning with anti smoking medicine to medicine for terminal cancer patients.

I just wanted to share my experience with you all.

QP of choice buds for making Simpson Oil

gallery_6117_364_90217.jpg

QP in solvent stripping the THC

gallery_6117_364_14910.jpg

The smaller tube in the back had a big air bubble in it from sucking up the last of the oil out of the cup. So I really ended up with a little over 4 tsp, which is a pretty good yield from a QP

gallery_6117_364_32362.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simpson oil is great. I prefer to call it by the pejorative hash oil.

Simpson oil is generally produced using dangerous and volatile solvents. I have serious concerns about residual solvents remaining in the final product, especially when produced on an amateur level. I won't go into the other environmental concerns when these solvents are carelessly evaporated into the environment.

Supercritical Carbon Dioxide is the ideal solvent for producing medical grade hash oil. Too bad these machines cost tens of thousands of dollars.

If I had the means I would buy one and provide a service similar to the common water hash services many compassion clubs offer.

It depends which form of alcohol. If it is simple grain alcohol, like everclear, then any residual amount won't be toxic. The problem with grain alcohol is it makes a pretty poor solvent. One will invariably end up with an inferior product than if a non-polar solvent were utilized.

If you mean isopropyl alcohol then any residual amount will definitely have negative health implications.

If you mean denatured ethanol, again, any residual amount will be toxic. The problem being whatever was used to denature the ethanol will remain in the extracted hash oil. Typically this would be methanol.

Don't get me wrong, I am with you on Simpson/Hash oil being awesome. However, I truly feel it needs to be produced in a lab with proper equipment and know how.

This is interesting. Some questions if you don't mind. What was the solvent? Did you never boil the plant material? How long did you soak it in the jar?

Well I used the 99% Isopropyl Alcohol, left the material in the jar for a couple of hours, shaking it up here and there. Following the directions provided by rick simpson, strained the material and so on. Yoyu do not boil the plant material.

I did boil off the solvent with a rice cooker outside. I would not attempt to do this indoors ever. Even going through the process outside, it did make me a bit uncomfortable, not something I would care to do every day.

If you have not seen it already, you should check out Run From the Cure, a very interesting video.

I believe that different strains and different parts of the plant will have a difference in quality and quantity of oil.

I would be very concerned if chemical pestisides and chemical fertilizers were used throughout the growth and flowering of the plants. As some of those may be oil soluable and may become concentrated into the oil.

Well I used the 99% Isopropyl Alcohol, left the material in the jar for a couple of hours, shaking it up here and there. Following the directions provided by rick simpson, strained the material and so on. Yoyu do not boil the plant material.

I did boil off the solvent with a rice cooker outside. I would not attempt to do this indoors ever. Even going through the process outside, it did make me a bit uncomfortable, not something I would care to do every day.

If you have not seen it already, you should check out Run From the Cure, a very interesting video.

I believe that different strains and different parts of the plant will have a difference in quality and quantity of oil.

I would be very concerned if chemical pestisides and chemical fertilizers were used throughout the growth and flowering of the plants. As some of those may be oil soluable and may become concentrated into the oil.

We have seen repeatedly the success with the simpson oil and I believe Rick Simpson was correct when he stated he does not know what the simpson oil can not cure. The difference I see were you make it is soaking the cannabis for a couple of hours you get more plant material in Simpsons video he washes the cannabis for no more then 3 min and he gives it 2 washes with the first wash getting 80% and the 2nd getting 20%. I have seen this oil cure cancer and so much more

I am very interested in trying this for my asthma. It would be interesting to see if it helps for a period after the effects wear off. Like a day or so would be cool. I have smoked some strains that helped me for at least a day after smoking. The strain was Star nebula I have not found it since then.

The Cannibis medication, when taken oraly, has positive results in the fight against all types of different cancers. If you take your oil and infuse in peanut butter (ha PB no pun...lol), you can actually ingest your meds by eating celery sticks and peanut butter. Two birds with one stone. Healthy meal, the best meds for your ailment.

Very nice job GrowGoddess! Free the cure!

I got to a point where I was able to sacrifice a 1/4 pound of premium buds and decided to try my hand at making some of the Rick Simpson Oil. I had read so many good things about it, saw the video, and heard of many miricle stories involving simpson oil. I just had to try and see for myself.

The final product really seems to be better than what I ever expected. I did not know that marijuana was capabile of producing such a potent medicinal product. Eating the oil is in a whole different category compared to smoking or vaping. Just a little pinch, very little pinch, and one can be medicated for a good 8 hours. The simpson oil gives similar but also very different effects than smoking buds.

One of my patients, an elderly man, is taking 60 mg morphine sulphate (time release), he said that the oil lasted longer, he didn't even feel the need to take any of the pain meds prescribed by his Dr., and said that the oil seemd to do things for him that no medicine has ever done for him. Things like curbing the desire to smoke, drink coffee, or take more pain meds, it gave him more energy throughout the day, he wasn't getting as tired towards the end of the day, helped regulate his appetite and even helped improve his breathing. He said it even made him feel better mentaly. When he came to visit me today and report on his experience, I gave him a single dose and within 5 minutes I could see that he was feeling much better then when he had first arrived. He said that the pain seemed to just melt away. I sent him home with more oil.

After testing it myself I now realize that the simpson oil is possibly the only true medical marijuana product that I have tried that really works. I have not had any other product involving marijuana that even compares to the medicinal use of simpson oil.

I believe that simpson oil is 100% worth it if done right. I will say it is dangerous to make it and I would not recommend using any amount less than 1/4 pound of product to produce it.

I am now a believer of all of the testimonials I have seen and read regarding the Rick Simpson Oil. It is no wonder, like Rick Simpson said in his video, that the pharmacutical companies could be encouraging our government to keep marijuana illegal so they can continue to profit by manufacturing poisonous garbage medicine for us, filled with very bad side effects. It would not suprise me at all if the Simpson Oil could replace 90% or more of the garbage that the pharmacutical companies are producing for us. Beginning with anti smoking medicine to medicine for terminal cancer patients.

I just wanted to share my experience with you all.

QP of choice buds for making Simpson Oil

gallery_6117_364_90217.jpg

QP in solvent stripping the THC

The smaller tube in the back had a big air bubble in it from sucking up the last of the oil out of the cup. So I really ended up with a little over 4 tsp, which is a pretty good yield from a QP

gallery_6117_364_32362.jpg

firt time i have seen it made in a jar.u can add olive oil 2 the simpson oil dish,warm it and stir.it will clean SO out of bowl and u can cook with it.congratulations,great yield.

I needed to brush up on the method and didn't realize it. Thanks.

firt time i have seen it made in a jar.u can add olive oil 2 the simpson oil dish,warm it and stir.it will clean SO out of bowl and u can cook with it.congratulations,great yield.

Yes, the olive oil is a good idea. I will do that next time.

This time around I diluted what was left in the pan with alcohol. Kept pushing it around with a small spoon then put the remains into a smaller bowl. Then I used the back of the spoon and wiped it on some papers. Some of the papers I double and even triple coated. The alcohol evaporates out and the oil remains on the papers. Then I rolled up some joints with the oil coated papers.

Simpson Oil Coated Papers

gallery_6117_364_30141.jpg

Joints rolled with simpson oil coated papers

gallery_6117_364_15558.jpg

Yes, the olive oil is a good idea. I will do that next time.

This time around I diluted what was left in the pan with alcohol. Kept pushing it around with a small spoon then put the remains into a smaller bowl. Then I used the back of the spoon and wiped it on some papers. Some of the papers I double and even triple coated. The alcohol evaporates out and the oil remains on the papers. Then I rolled up some joints with the oil coated papers.

Simpson Oil Coated Papers

gallery_6117_364_30141.jpg

Joints rolled with simpson oil coated papers

gallery_6117_364_15558.jpg

Looks Good GG ,

I can Almost Taste it . Once Again Job Well Done ,,, :));)

Looks Good GG ,

I can Almost Taste it . Once Again Job Well Done ,,, :));)

Thank you Dubliner.

The oil being on the paper is good and all but it still does not compare to ingesting the oil. Just an amount the size of a cooked piece of rice will give you a full medicated feeling for up to 8 hours (keeping in mind every body is different).

The reason why I did it in a clear jar was so I could actually see what was going on, and so I could take pictures and document any differences between batches. Also to do strain comparisons and trim vs. bud.

Here is the first batch I did. The solvent was a more dark and purple color. The oil produced from this darker solvent came out a dark almost black oil and is noticeabally more potent. Just because the oil is darker doesn't mean it will be better.

gallery_6117_364_71889.jpg

This is the second batch. The solvent was green compared to the first. The oil produced from this batch came out a more amber color. I had expected this batch to be more potent than the first, but it was not. It also produced less oil, about 33% less.

I have just been asked to help out 2 cancer patients that want to try Simpson`s oil. The problem is they want it in pills and I have never put oil in capsules before so any advice would be helpful and appreciated. I am also going to try and make a tincture out of oil by just mixing a 50/50 mix of food grade glycerin at low temps to incorporate it. I have never done this before and I know the correct way to make tincture but I do not have time to do it with the plant material. The 1 patient has very little time to live and wants it tomorrow so I am going to do the best I can with what I have. Thank You, Afi

Archived