Growing Outside And Busted

Jakk

Right, I think you may be getting it now.

The reality is most outdoor growers are within plant numbers, but may have drying plants or lots of usable to deal with because they got hit at the wrong time by cops that were trying to ambush them. Other times they are totally in compliance, and the cops just make up a story about drug trafficking, plant yields, street value of MJ, etc.

A solid section 8 defense is a 100% necessity for outdoor growers, in my opinion, and so much more important than a top that it doesn't even make sense to factor it into the equation.

Harvest day is your weakest day no doubt.  One plant a day. Disperse or Displace. ;-)

I don't know what else to say.

;-)

Most of the people I know that got popped, either gave some to some one they were not registered to or they did something else that brought them to leo's attn!

I have not been to a court case that didnt have other issues involved that were not mm related, the other charges get dropped and the courts try to prosecute on the mm!

even in 2 of my 4 case's leo was drawn to us for other reasons, and stupid reasons they were, Im just glad I dont have over my limits or any medibles or extractions around when these things happen, oh one time I had like 4 or 5 almost empty glass vials that had bho in them, not enough to use, I was saving the vials for the next batch, leo found the vials with oil residue and called it black tar heroin on the police report, of course after testing it was called thc!

I never copped a plea for an mm issue I had, I have had 4 smaller cases and a probation violation, and I used mm the whole time on probation, and dont have any new mj charges on my record, around 20 yrs ago I got a simple possesion for having an 1/8 of mmj on me, so when they try to arrest me for simple pos it is a 2nd offense fellony and im not plea barganing, I am not going to get a fellony for something I have paid and am allowed to do!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

There is nothing else to say here other than the facts. I disagree that police will walk away from an outdoor grow if in compliance. They will just make up a story if they want to get in.

Successful outdoor growing depends on police that understand and respect the law. Even Ken Stecker teaches cops not to arrest people just for not having a top.

Well that just isn't true at all. I know of at least a half dozen people personally who have been left alone by police for outdoor grows in compliance and congratulated for really dotting I's and crossing T's.

It happens more often than ya think.

Could someone tell me how a chickenwire top is going to do anything that chickenwire sides don't already do?  You can't climb it like chain link.  And if it's not in view from anywhere other than your yard, how would anyone know.  Overkill to get a conviction, that's all it is. Not worded well(and they have the nerve to put down the MMMA for how it was written and say that laws should be put thru by politicians, Phhhh) and used against us.  The word top isn't in there.  We pay for their phuk ups.

Do what you want, grow where and what you want.Sell to whomever you please. I always try to cover my arse, and I will cover my grow too. Call it what you want, a partly sunny indoor grow, an indoor grow with a leaky roof, matters not to me!! I am not going to waste my time or money testing the law, cops told me put a wire top on it, I put chicken wire on the first one and welded wire sides and concrete wire for the top. You eat your eggs the way you want and I'll eat mine the way I want :>)

Farmer Brown

chicken wire would imo work for fence sides too. long as is secured, cant pull it off or up or reach in.

that's what the law says, restricted to patient or caregiver access only. locked, secured. etc

We all wish it was your imo that we had to accommodate. You can bet Schuette doesn't think that chicken wire is like chain link (the law says chain link or something like that). I'm going out tomorrow and vote for my county prosecutor(run off election to decide who will be on the ballot in the fall.. I'm going to look at my sample ballot and see my choices. Do a little research and decide who might be the better choice for my life style. The prosecutor will be the decider whether your outdoor grow is ok or not.

Here's a link to find your sample ballot; https://vote.michigan.gov/mvic/

Informative site about candidates; https://review-mag.com/article/2016-candidate-forum-the-bay-county-prosecutors-race

Edited by Restorium2

I am gonna quit pounding it in to peoples heads that you should have a top if you dont want issues with the law!

Grow it how ever you wish, I dont go to court cases of people who openly violate the law, I wont go to cases that people violate the law!

we now have a legal way to use weed, I am pretty sure I can mostly follow the law, or at least keep leo away from me and mine, Loose Lips Sink Ships!   I dont talk about mmj with any one that I dont personaly know, I dont tell any of my friends what I have or what I make, (yes I have typed about what I have made here in the past and prob will again)  but im not going to keep telling some one how not to get arrested when they totaly dont want to listen, not only that but they want others to break the law with them (misery loves company)  I can just picture a few people in here sitting around a jail cell for 6 months or longer talking about how they wish they would have put a top on their out door grow, a top (chain link fence, as in dog kennel style with post's sunk in concrete) sitting around playing spades for their lunch dessert lol!

Oh man If only I would have put a top on my grow, I would be out smelling fresh air instead of all of you other guys stinky feet and bad habbits!  Why dont you phaq's sleep at nite when the lights and t.v is off?  You punks sleep all day and do stupid sheet all nite, god I hate being in jail with a bunch of know it all punks who claim they are innocent!  I have never served jail time I didnt deserve!

But I dont think I should have to deal with a bunch of punk kids that have never held a job and are carreer criminals and rapist at 22 yrs old!

county jail sucks!  Your stuck with the same idiots for your whole stay most times, unless you get into a cell like I was in last time, the oldest guy after me (53) was 23 and the youngest was 17, the 17 yr old kook was waiting for trial and wound up going to prison for robbing a pizza delivery guy for 23 bucks and a pizza!  Wow that was worth it eh!

and than we have the 10 guys who violated the out door grow rules of the state, whether they are written or not, oh man they took all of my plants, all of my cured ready to use meds, and now im stuck in here, I cant take care of my pt's, I cant take care of myself, Im eating this crap they call food, no coffee, no salt (buy pretzels and roman noodles for spices for their food hint hint) and you have 9 of the 10 guys who want to watch nwa fights all day and when lights go out they pile their mattresses under the t.v and cam and have wrestling matches all phaqing nite like a bunch of punk a ss kids!  I will do anything to stay out of that situation again, I know next time I am going to beach slap some one and wind up in there longer!

I did 23 days in alpena county jail, it was the most laxidazical jail I had ever visited, they let s hit go on all nite!  It realy sucks when jack arse would rather sleep all day when we have power and light to read, and phaq around all nite and not care who is sleeping, it makes for tense moments and threats!  Yea threats from me to get the phaq away from my bunk and shut the phaq up you bunch of phaqing punks!

sell to who you want, grow in unlocked rooms, carry your mmj in your pockets while traveling, just do anything you want to draw attn to you!

Me im done, im gonna enjoy my meds legaly for the most part, I can promise if my house was ever visited by leo I would have less than my allowed useable amount and no medibles or oil will ever be found in my possesion or home!

Have fun, oh did I mention how nasty the balogna sandwiches are and cool aid with no sugar!  The best meal is when they give you cereal and real milk!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

Having been on this forum seven years and having tried to keep up with case law, something has become very clear to me. Many posters have offered some very good arguments as to why an activity is legal. Sometimes these same posters, self included, make arguments that end up being hashed out and determined to be a bad idea. Luckily, you don't have to accept the bad with the good. You can find good arguments that have been discussed and adjusted by some of the brightest and well-informed people in the world of MMJ.

Still, we see many cases where there was room for a few more good points that have been hammered out on this forum.

So, with the "top" issue and others like it, it is important to arm people with these arguments because there is a good chance their attorney won't come up with them. What I'm trying to contribute to the original topic is to offer an argument that section 4 protects a topless outdoor grow but also say, for gosh sake, put a top on it until it's cleared up.

I've been thinking about building a 16' by 16' outdoor enclosure for next year. I'd probably install an entry door to the garage so the enclosure is accessible only through the garage. The north side of the garage would be one of the walls and is painted white, which reflects a lot of sunlight. The walls would be 6' privacy fence. The top would be chain link, supported by the fence posts, two additional support posts inside the the enclosure, and a 2x4 roof frame. The cost would be about $600, and it would take less than two days to build. For another $100 maybe staple chain link fencing to the inside of the privacy for added peace of mind.

This sort of enclosure would last many years. You can start veggies in the spring. Throw a sheet of plastic over the top in the spring and fall as needed when temperatures are chilly. Keep two mother plants in the basement, veg indoors, and move the plants to the outdoor grow and move the veggies out when the time comes. Keeping 12 plants in this rotation would easily supply any patient for a year. (Insert argument: "dead hanging plants are plants, not usable MMJ.") I believe that in most municipalities, installing a fence no taller than six feet in a backyard does not require a permit.