Dr Greenthumbs Endless Sky

After taking two nice cuttings i placed my es lady into flower i cant wait to see how she finishes. :thumbsu:

Remember to give her a 36 hour onset if you're able to, she'll finish a little earlier. If you can't then she'll take longer than Doc's finishing time frame. Sometimes a lot longer but the end product won't be any different. She usually takes a touch longer anyway unless you give her optimal conditions, which you always do.

I would also let her get a few amber trichrome's the first run so you know her particular finish time, as each individual seed will vary slightly because it's a cross. On your next run, dial her into the effect I know you prefer.

Also don't overload her with high concentration supplements either. She'll burn right up on you until you find her individual likes. I found out real quick years ago using Bushmaster, Gravity, and Purplemax type supplements on her. Use them sparingly and in very low concentrations if you do (1/4 strength or less).

Good luck in the garden, and I hope you get an extra nice pheno out of her. :rock:

I'm very limited on room i actually took my wall down in my flower room making it one big room to accommodate my new patients plants as for the ES girl I'm scared to give her anything until i get a feel for what she needs when i begin nutes 1/4 strength sounds like a good plan see how she reacts then move it up to feel her strength out a bit.

Thanks for the advice bro as always you are the man. :bow:

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of water issues?

My tap water worked great for 2 years all of a sudden I'm getting splotches and burnt leaf from what i see its Ph issues its not just the endless sky its my sour bubble my docs bubba and my blueberry's been affected my ro system arrived today during hookup i snapped a fitting off of the membrane tube so HTG sent me another one overnight . :mellow:

I will take some pictures of my plants later today and get your opinion. :unsure:

Well back to the drawing board i just visited my garden a couple hours back the endless sky girl was looking sickly so i went up to examine her and saw a web closer i got i saw what appeared to be a million spider mites so i immediately guaranteed her but shes covered top to bottom so i think I'm gonna start over strange though i went over each of my other girls in flower and didn't see another mite on any of the other plants ? :unsure:

Well that sucks

I always like to have back - ups with other growers

Hope you did the same

I had a huge infestation this spring

There are alot of great mite rid products out there but the ones that work best are systemic - :(

Edited by Beans

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news KD, so much work and effort and resources that when there is a set back it can really hurt. I believe that this will somehow work out for the better for you, I am not sure how, but it will soon! I has to because you have done so much for other individual human beings here, you deserve a huge break. Peace to you brother Kingdiamond!Hope_Candle_013.jpgsmRainbowBIG.jpgrainbow.jpg

Sorry to hear of your pest problem, was hoping to check out another finished ES plant to see if it looked like the one I posted near the beginning of the thread... Good Luck on your second attempt, may the force be with you. I hear Avid is the only thing that kills mites dead fast...but you can't use it the last 30 days or you'll be poisoning yourself and those who smoke it...

and ES is a nute sensitive strain to a degree...I can run 3 or 4 strains at once and ES always seems to look the worst...but it just grows and grows so I kind of ignore it now...lol

The Happy Wanderer

Edited by happy wanderer

• 1 month later...

Well since we traveled back in time heres the latest on my dr greenthumb endless sky seedlings i switched mediums from ocean forest to happy frog and instead of ro water im using store bought distilled water and so far im liking what i see no burn on any of the first leaves and all is looking good.

dscn0907w.jpg

More to follow! :sword:

question king?

why distilled water thats store bought instead of R/O water?

do u have an issue with your R/O? or are you just experimenting?

The RO water works great with every strain except for the endless sky so im looking for a solution i was told use cal mag with the ro water but i figured id give the distilled jug water a shot first so far so good theres slight burn on 2 of the young ones but i have one that looks perfect .

dscn0932r.jpg

dscn0933ek.jpg

dscn0934b.jpg

dscn0935m.jpg

In my experience you should use some cal-mag with RO.

I recently moved and lost my perfect well water, it was 100ppm before any filters right out of the ground and was the best water I have ever had. I got a RO and started seeing deficiency on all my plants, and with every strain. So I started using cal-mag and haven't seen any issues since.

I'm not touting this as a cure all, but its worth a shot in my opinion.

ps, im subbed to this grow, gotta see me some ES!

Well the seedlings have got past the early stage with very little burn they seem to love the distilled water this time next week ill be moving them to the final 5 gallon pots. :sword:

dscn0948zm.jpg

dscn0947o.jpg

I noticed early on that this guy was a bit deformed if you notice one side has a fully developed leaf the others very small .

dscn0950wm.jpg

Heres the runt of the group

dscn0949v.jpg

Your camera does nice work KD. Thanks for the update and, as always, I am looking forward to your next update, with pictures of course. I need a better camera some day.

I believe these are going to do very well for you even with the odd start.

Peace to you this day KingDiamond!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Day 30 of the latest run of dr greenthumbs endless sky and im liking what i see

dscn0956os.jpg

dscn0957u.jpg

dscn0958n.jpg

So far Ive been using fluorescents to veg but Ive been wanting to try a run with a metal halide hybrid mh bulb similar to the dual arc bulbs so i bought a 600 watt digital greenhouse ballast and a mini sunsoaker reflector I'm hoping to speed up my veg room the cool bulbs are great but growth has been very slow the last two months .