Dr Greenthumbs Endless Sky

Looking pretty good. In my experience, ES has a higher need for magnesium than most strains. Whether using tap or distilled water, I have to add epsom salt about every other to every watering to keep the stems green and the leaves from getting a dull, pale look. I also wish I hadn't let her get so tall. I think she does best in a sea of short plants or as one big screened out bush. She came down today...

th_DSCN1051.jpg

Looking pretty good. In my experience, ES has a higher need for magnesium than most strains. Whether using tap or distilled water, I have to add epsom salt about every other to every watering to keep the stems green and the leaves from getting a dull, pale look. I also wish I hadn't let her get so tall. I think she does best in a sea of short plants or as one big screened out bush. She came down today...

th_DSCN1051.jpg

Very nice work!

th_DSCN1051.jpg

Wow that looks awesome!

Great job . :goodjob:

My apologies Hawkind... I think you sent me a pm and I can't find it. I do not have a schedule anymore for endless sky. I read the plants. When I do feed its usually 6-8mL Sensigrow a + 6-8mL sensigrow B + 1 tbs epsom salt + silica blast (recent addition so I haven't nailed down the amount yet.) If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say I feed every other to every third watering and they take place about 3-4 days apart depending on the container size and humidity in my house. Even with the nutes that low, sometimes she'll burn at the tips... that's why sometimes the feeding is every third watering. I don't test runoff pH anymore because I need a new meter. The broken meter we have reports that I feed and water between 5.8 and 6.1 typically but it could be off. The plants don't show any pH issues. Never have had a ppm meter.

Almost forgot flower. In flower, I sort of throw caution to the wind. She's not nearly as sensitive in flower. I think I got up to this by the end of week 4 -> 8-12 mL SensiBloom A + 8-12 mL SensiBloom B + tbs epsom + 8mL Big Bud + 8mL Bud Candy (BC only on water days). Week 5 & 6 -> 12mL A + 12mL B + 8mL Bud Candy + tbs epsom. Week 7 & 8* -> water + unsulphured molasses.

I use pro-mix bx in smart pots. :thumbsu:

*Endless sky shouldn't have a week 8 but I didn't start with a 36 hour dark period so mine went long.

Edit: I use hygrozyme and Superthrive for 2 weeks after I transplant.

Edited by Sinsemillaplease

I dumped my fluorecents and put up a digital greenhouse 600 watt metal halide with a hybrid dual arc bulb the endless sky lady just loves it im going to give her another week or so under the MH then off to the flower room with her. :sword:

How many days have you had them under the dual arc?

Anybody care to share their feed / water schedule for Endless Sky. Nutrient PH and ppm level for the feed solution's for veg and flower, feed a day, skip a day, water a day etc. Especially interested in Promix bx grows using smart pots.

I've grown it 3 times. Used Fox Farm Grow Big & Big Bloom in veg, Tiger Bloom & Big Bloom in flower. Feed approx. every 3rd H2O cycle, also use Beastie Bloomz 0-50-30 in flower & SuperThrive throughout, and occaisional molassass. Works well, works better the second time you grow it - you get a feel for the strain after the 1st time. It can be a little nute sensitive, have to keep an eye on them and flush every 3 to 4 weeks... They tend to look worse in veg than in flower, when they seem to explode, no problem getting 3 oz./plant plus under a 600 HID with side lights. I'm sure you could get more if you veg longer (I flower at 10") and have 1000 watt light.

• 2 weeks later...

I've grown it 3 times. Used Fox Farm Grow Big & Big Bloom in veg, Tiger Bloom & Big Bloom in flower. Feed approx. every 3rd H2O cycle, also use Beastie Bloomz 0-50-30 in flower & SuperThrive throughout, and occaisional molassass. Works well, works better the second time you grow it - you get a feel for the strain after the 1st time. It can be a little nute sensitive, have to keep an eye on them and flush every 3 to 4 weeks... They tend to look worse in veg than in flower, when they seem to explode, no problem getting 3 oz./plant plus under a 600 HID with side lights. I'm sure you could get more if you veg longer (I flower at 10") and have 1000 watt light.

Happy are you using Pro Mix and smart pots also do you test your EC, PPM or PH level of your nutrient solution? I must agree with pretty much everything you said about the ES, well said.

ouch.... looks like she got very dry on ya and well,,,, ouch

Just the contrary she was watered i think the shock of going from fluoros to mh was too much for her im going to the hydro store tommorow to look into a soiless mixture and see how that comes out .

What was the soiless mix you used? :unsure:

sunshine mix number 4 and a lil chunky perlite added in. It's fine right out of the bag and is super stable.Ph stays right at 5.8 to 6.0 Threw the grow unless ya over nute the stuff of course. Then it's just a good flush and she's right back to the same numbers. I've ran the same mix in both my f&d tables and in just normal pots with great results on both. Ran the tables at 5.8 flooding 2 times a day for 3 minutes and ran just like a normal hydro grow and it worked better then coco in my eyes. Ya don't have to flood as much and can go a couple days without watering encase something failed.

Best medium on the market that I've seen or used :thumbsu: