Mocc Presents Spring Fling 4/20/

Another great MOCC event.

Awesome vendors, I got a lot of great clones.

Really looking forward to watching them rock out in the garden, especially the Orange Crush and Lemon Cake.

Thanks again to the MOCC for creating an environment where the MMJ community could gather, where that community could happen.

I had great time last night, and such a warm welcome to a first timer/new member! Keep up the good work gang, im sure ill be seeing more of you!!

time to try to match the screen names with the faces from last night :P

Thanks MOCC, and G A N J A!

(I did win, lol 4 out of 6 at my table won one round, lol)

I had great time last night, and such a warm welcome to a first timer/new member! Keep up the good work gang, im sure ill be seeing more of you!!

time to try to match the screen names with the faces from last night :P

Thanks MOCC, and G A N J A!

(I did win, lol 4 out of 6 at my table won one round, lol)

Always a great time at the MOCC events...... I really can't wait until we can have them more often......

Great seeing ya again HempChef!

It looks like I met more of ya than I knew at the time..... :lol:

We need to wear name tags with our Screen names on them!

I hope most people had a chance to try the Lemon Cake..... I fired up enough of em......

RRRRRRR.. Was planning on attending this event but my daughter was under the weather and didn't wanna send her to a sitter. At least i'll be able to meet everyone on the bus ride may 25th. Plus all the other wonderful members here at the event. Glad everything went smoothly.

Peace,Love,and Happiness

SS

Glad to hear people had a great time, it was a large turn out - 200+ people.

Like they said, we had a Farmer's Market style venue - so many people got to show their meds.

The Ganja bingo had prizes of medication and grow products, I was happy to hear a winner got my Wonder Haze samples.

More to come later.

--

On a short note - I was working security. I want to point out that we are serious about checking paperwork and IDs. I am getting tired of the 1 or 2 people that try to bullsheit their way in to our events. We take security seriously, because it protects our members. I don't care that you want to look around, or you 'say you are not going to smoke or buy anything' - you had to have valid paperwork or a card, and this event required you to be an MOCC member (we cannot offer legal protection to outsiders). You thought I was being a dick about it, but I was doing my job. Respect our patient rights and privacy - no paperwork/card - no play. Oh, and stay out of the parking lot too.

-DN

sounds like it was a great time. i have two buddies that went to the event. but just wondering what is the difference between what you are doing by way of the farmer's market and the selling of meds to people that aren't your designated patients and what was transpiring at the restaurant in waterford that got raided? to me, they are the exact same thing and the exact same types of activities. glad to see that someone took the job of security seriously and was actually checking id's and paperwork. good job. glad to see that nobody got arrested as macomb county seems to be much more at ease with the law than oakland county is.

Glad to hear people had a great time, it was a large turn out - 200+ people.

Like they said, we had a Farmer's Market style venue - so many people got to show their meds.

The Ganja bingo had prizes of medication and grow products, I was happy to hear a winner got my Wonder Haze samples.

More to come later.

--

On a short note - I was working security. I want to point out that we are serious about checking paperwork and IDs. I am getting tired of the 1 or 2 people that try to bullsheit their way in to our events. We take security seriously, because it protects our members. I don't care that you want to look around, or you 'say you are not going to smoke or buy anything' - you had to have valid paperwork or a card, and this event required you to be an MOCC member (we cannot offer legal protection to outsiders). You thought I was being a dick about it, but I was doing my job. Respect our patient rights and privacy - no paperwork/card - no play. Oh, and stay out of the parking lot too.

-DN

You guys did a great job and it was a lot of fun. I won the wonder haze. It was pretty tasty had a nice peachy mango taste going on. My girlfriend picked out I was outside when she won with my card. i guess she did a good job picking my prize though. Peace, Afi

sounds like it was a great time. i have two buddies that went to the event. but just wondering what is the difference between what you are doing by way of the farmer's market and the selling of meds to people that aren't your designated patients and what was transpiring at the restaurant in waterford that got raided? to me, they are the exact same thing and the exact same types of activities. glad to see that someone took the job of security seriously and was actually checking id's and paperwork. good job. glad to see that nobody got arrested as macomb county seems to be much more at ease with the law than oakland county is.

Patients helping Patients is our MOTTO!!!

Still note that no one has been found guilty of anything in waterford yet. As most here see it as entrapment being done by local enforcement for making bogus paperwork and cards to get them in the door.

Digital Nomad,

I appreciate the extra effort to make sure we are compliant with the law.

Plus, Michigan farmers can produce some seriously dank. I have a very high tolerance, and I had to split early 'cause I was toasted. (thanks to LongHairBri) Many killer strains, tastes, etc.

Great event, and thanks to the MOCC!

Thanks,

Coxie

The farmer's market is the crux of what I hope to see happen in Michigan. Everyone gets to present their medicine, everyone has a chance to get compensation. Those who grow quality meds will be successful, and those who don't - will either learn or fade away. People will get to choose between prices and quality. Michigan's MMP will not be under one grower, one vendor, one rich person - it will be power in the hands of little people. Sick, disabled, little people.

I was so happy to see two older ladies present their grow - very good work I might say. (AK47) We had people in wheelchairs, husband and wife teams, black and white - all ages in the farmer's market.

what is the difference? The MOCC is not a dispensary or intend to be one. The MOCC's purpose is more than just distributing medicine - we are a club that first, educates. We teach, hire speakers, put on demonstrations - to help people learn the law, to learn how to treat marijuana as medicine. The MOCC's farmer's market is only a fraction of what we do. I suppose since we do not frequently have this event, and I suppose since we spend more time on the 'boring homework' and lectures - maybe LEO does not see us as a threat. Security is a big part of this stuff, but teaching safety to the members made security that much better. Word to the wise.

-DN

Archived