Explain Yourselves

Since we were banned...I'll put my reply here. I dont expect the site admins to actually answer, seeing there isn't a right one...

With the internet world, dealing with starting organizations online, taking a domain for the purpose of redirecting is tops of worse things you can do to kill a site.

We work in the internet world, this is down our alley.

And, asking them to sell the domain is exactly why we're throwing terms like "Pigs" and "Greedy" around. Taking a step like that takes away from the purpose of the community. Dick move.

Since we were banned...I'll put my reply here. I dont expect the site admins to actually answer, seeing there isn't a right one...

With the internet world, dealing with starting organizations online, taking a domain for the purpose of redirecting is tops of worse things you can do to kill a site.

We work in the internet world, this is down our alley.

And, asking them to sell the domain is exactly why we're throwing terms like "Pigs" and "Greedy" around. Taking a step like that takes away from the purpose of the community. Dick move.

Maybe you should clearly explain yourself of what you are trying to say....

I read the deleted thread this morning. If I have it right allegedly MMMA bought a very similar domain name to one that Green Bridges is using and is redirecting traffic to mmma.org

Correct.

Spam Site is the site. Greenbridgesmi.com now redirects to MMMA.org.

It's not illegal. That's not the issue. But, why? That's what we want to know.

If MMMA didn't do this, then someone is messing with your name. But, doing a simple whois of the domain, its registered to Relief Choices.

Correct.

If MMMA didn't do this, then someone is messing with your name. But, doing a simple whois of the domain, its registered to Relief Choices.

And, I just found a clear example of why I think I'm right...

Notice in my last post. I typed the Green Bridges url, which shows "Spam Site." That doesn't show up when I type the domain that redirects to this site.

Shady business, if you ask me.

Correct.

They STOLE it from you. THOSE PIGS!

lol

hey

my ? is simple why.. we dont need there traffic and or want it... it does nothing to better us and then the big one is what if this was done just to make us look bad... what if you have done this because your pissed at this site... just you are say like we for some reason did this... like we have the motive you would have... im one i want to see proof of this... the smoking gun so to speak... there is a money trail to find as domains are sold or bought... has to have a place of origin to send info too with a contact info... i wonder who paided to have this done... stfu or show the proof... give the facts so we all know because right now it one sided and its your side talking the crap... if there is a real issue here as ive seen from this site is the proof in the writing... i for one want to see it and not the crap your trying to spread... show proof and ill bet you will get more follower... than BS with out it... put up or shut up... some of us can and will follow the trail... just to see where it goes... you have opened the can of worms and it may not favor you or us but it will be found out...

abbe

Abbe,

Of course, I'll give you the proof.

The following is a copy and paste of a simple whois search...

WHOIS information for greenbridgesmi.com :

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]

[Redirected to whois.godaddy.com]

[Querying whois.godaddy.com]

[whois.godaddy.com]

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, Inc.'s WhoIs database,

while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"

with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This

information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you

in obtaining information about domain name registration records.

Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written

permission of GoDaddy.com, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,

you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,

you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,

dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any

purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and

and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree

not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic

processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,

including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified

in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.

is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:

Relief Choices

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: GREENBRIDGESMI.COM

Domain servers in listed order:

NS67.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

NS68.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Still don't believe me?

http://www.whois.net/whois/greenbridgesmi.com

Incorrect.

But, I know...you're trying to be funny.

I assure you, we're not laughing.

Can't you just think up another url that works for you?

Try some different meds if you're not seeing the humor.

i was trying to be funny with Glen Beck for President.

Can't you just think up another url that works for you?

Try some different meds if you're not seeing the humor.

i was trying to be funny with Glen Beck for President.

The point is, we've made the site under .org.

We're not saying they stole. A domain is free market, we didn't own it, so they could take it.

THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE THE ISSUE WITH.

Why did they decide to take a site they know is trying to grow, and throw this into the loop? It doesn't make sense, and it's bad business. If someone has it out for us, Im sorry, but you need to grow up.

We're on the same team here, fighting for the same cause.

This could of been done completely out of the eyes of MMMA.org, thats obviously true. This is the internet.

But, the proof is there that Relief Choices has something to do with all of this, and redirecting to a site that has Green Bridges URL set up as spam is rather shady in our eyes.

If MMMA.org had no idea this was done, just let us know. We only want to know why the domain was bought, and redirecting to this site.

Lame, unfortunately that doesn't say anything. It could be just simply a member who did this, without the request or guideance of anyone else at the MMMA. I could have been done by one of YOUR members just to make us look bad. Until you can put a name to this, you can't rightfully say that it was done on the request of one of the admins, nor a conspiracy of the members here.

Domain hijacking is as you said, dirty, but not illegal.

So before you get all upset and start throwing around accusations, please get some proof that actually says something. What you show means absolutely nothing, except that it is registered. It could be by you for all we know. It could be your younger brother just screwing with you. It could be the NRA. What you have shown is that it is registered, find out who and then you can get some respect for your accusations, and some of us might be willing to talk to whoever it is, if they happend to be affilliated with the MMMA.

Until then you will be regarded as a troll here, you are just trying to start fights. This movement isn't about you. It is about patients. If you have an issue with what happened, you should seek out who did this and talk to them, not bring it here to create friction.

Cedar

Lame, unfortunately that doesn't say anything. It could be just simply a member who did this, without the request or guideance of anyone else at the MMMA. I could have been done by one of YOUR members just to make us look bad. Until you can put a name to this, you can't rightfully say that it was done on the request of one of the admins, nor a conspiracy of the members here.

Domain hijacking is as you said, dirty, but not illegal.

So before you get all upset and start throwing around accusations, please get some proof that actually says something. What you show means absolutely nothing, except that it is registered. It could be by you for all we know. It could be your younger brother just screwing with you. It could be the NRA. What you have shown is that it is registered, find out who and then you can get some respect for your accusations, and some of us might be willing to talk to whoever it is, if they happend to be affilliated with the MMMA.

Until then you will be regarded as a troll here, you are just trying to start fights. This movement isn't about you. It is about patients. If you have an issue with what happened, you should seek out who did this and talk to them, not bring it here to create friction.

Cedar

You make valid points, of course.

And, during the process, we have cleared up a little.

This was, in fact, done by Relief Choices. Believe me if you want, or don't. An admin at Green Bridges has spoken to them, and that is confirmed.

My finger pointing is at who did it, not at MMMA. What I've brought here is fact. The site redirects here, and it's registered by Relief Choices. Those are the facts.

We have no idea if MMMA.org is aware that Relief Choices did that, and that's exactly what we want to find out. You may see this as trolling to start a fight, but really, that makes little sense. Why stir up drama in a community for the fun of it? You don't know me, and you dont know my intentions. But, I assure you, our only intentions is to get to the truth.

Furthermore, I'm not aiming to cause friction. I have information that's true, and I'm taking the correct avenues to learn the truth. Be it calling someone (they didn't answer) or sending an email (they didn't answer). I'm not going to just sit by and do nothing, I'm going to search for the truth, and part of that is posting here.

hum

more light to this is showing up in checking out this claim this site is and has made a statement in its mission that it is for commerce so its a model to promate profit off the sick people here in michigan... im still looking and im not liking some of the info im find on these people at green bridges but you please explain why the mission statement is about helping in michigan let me use your trick and post what im finding...

I really stopped reading after this.

I'm getting accused of picking fights when looking for answers with domain hijacking, and you come back with attacking via verbiage.

I'm not going to sit here and start to defend Green Bridges. I'm here for the facts of a domain redirecting to this site.

You dont want to be a member of Green Bridges, that's fine. Freedom, gotta love it. But, for other people...we can help, and we will.

stilllame

im done you need to get with godaddy and request the info from them... yes you are right i have no reason to flame someone who is promoting there site... i do hope you get this figured out... so we know who is to blame for this injustice to you and your site... im sorry for jumping on this as i have no right and am not one of the owners of this site im just a visitor here... good luck... i will also remove my post by my choice...

abbe

stilllame

im done you need to get with godaddy and request the info from them... yes you are right i have no reason to flame someone who is promoting there site... i do hope you get this figured out... so we know who is to blame for this injustice to you and your site... im sorry for jumping on this as i have no right and am not one of the owners of this site im just a visitor here... good luck... i will also remove my post by my choice...

abbe

It's just heated, man. I cant blame you for coming to MMMA's defense, just as I'm coming to the defense of Green Bridges. It's all about helping our fellow man.

Getting that information out of GoDaddy won't be easy, I don't think at least. But, I can tell you (and whoever else) what we have learned.

The main admin at Green Bridges had a text chat with someone at Relief Choices. It was made known that is was them that bought the domain. When we began to press the issue with the site being redirected to MMMA, we were told to call Monday, and they would no longer speak about the issue, and just stopped responding.

If you guys here at MMMA had nothing to do with this, I'll be happy to hear. I wouldn't want your name being dragged through the mud because someone decided to take it upon themselves to act in behalf of your site.

We all want to help people.

It's just heated, man. I cant blame you for coming to MMMA's defense, just as I'm coming to the defense of Green Bridges. It's all about helping our fellow man.

Getting that information out of GoDaddy won't be easy, I don't think at least. But, I can tell you (and whoever else) what we have learned.

The main admin at Green Bridges had a text chat with someone at Relief Choices. It was made known that is was them that bought the domain. When the we began to press the issue with the site being redirected to MMMA, we were told to call Monday, and they would no longer speak about the issue, and just stopped responding.

If you guys here at MMMA had nothing to do with this, I'll be happy to hear. I wouldn't want your name being dragged through the mud because someone decided to take it upon themselves to act in behalf of your site.

We all want to help people.

Domain info from godaddy is no secret. Here is what you seek. Cut and pasted from godaddy.

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, Inc.'s WHOIS database,

while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"

with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This

information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you

in obtaining information about domain name registration records.

Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written

permission of GoDaddy.com, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,

you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,

you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,

dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any

purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and

solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree

not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic

processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,

including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified

in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.

is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:

Relief Choices

21586 Dequindre

Warren, Michigan 48091

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: GREENBRIDGESMI.COM

Created on: 28-Jan-11

Expires on: 28-Jan-12

Last Updated on: 28-Jan-11

Administrative Contact:

Richmond, Ryan ryanrichmond23@yahoo.com

4611 Robinwood

Royal Oak, Michigan 48073

United States

(248) 470-8533

Technical Contact:

Richmond, Ryan ryanrichmond23@yahoo.com