The Typical Flowering Light Cycle 12/12

I've been thinking I could increase the light period during flowering but never wanted to risk it. It would seem to be fine, since I believe most parts of the world have less than 12 hours without daylight in a 24 hour day. I'm interested to know if anyone has had success increasing the light cycle to 13/11? Or even more?

You are correct in thinking that every plant has it's own unique tipping point in responding to the day/night light ratio, but the response is not on/off and the possible and probable deleterious effects from screwing around are not worth the uninformed risk.

Disclaimer aside, on clone lines i have seen viable cycles leaning towards 13L/11D without showing the obvious signs of hormonal imbalances. Once you go beyond 12:30 of light, ten minute increments seem to be the response interval that will effect ganja. Keep in mind that once you exceed the plants tolerance range the buds will undergo alternating stalls and inter-nodal elongation. Batch ruined. Also, reversing an already established cycle (as you are proposing) is the worst possible light management you can apply and is a very bad idea.

Do keep in mind that any addition to the light cycle will proportionately delay finishing. This means that any possible production gain from the additional energy input will be diminished by a longer flowering cycle.

( It's funny, I never see any discussion about the possible positive obverse alternative... )

( It's funny, I never see any discussion about the possible positive obverse alternative... )

I'm shocked this topic doesnt come up more often. Of course every strain is different, but to think 12/12 is the norm and will bring the out the best possible outcome of every strain would narrow-minded.

I found this website - http://astro.unl.edu...rsexplorer.html

Guess my assumption was wrong that most parts of the world usually exceed 12 hrs of daylight in a 24 hr day.

Better yet...

<a href="http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/animations/coordsmotion/daylighthoursexplorer.html">Daylight Hours Explorer</a>

Edit - or not. Didn't work liked I'd hoped.

Archived