Burnt Mj Odor: Arrest Nullified !

Now here is a Supreme Court which can interpret a statute !!

BOSTON (AP) — The odor of burnt marijuana alone is not enough for police to suspect criminal activity and order a person to get out of a car, the state’s highest court ruled Tuesday, citing a state law that decriminalizes possession of small amounts of the narcotic.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030′s Kim Tunnicliffe reports

The Supreme Judicial Court cited a 2008 ballot question in which voters agreed to make possession of 1 ounce or less a civil, rather than a criminal, violation.

“We conclude that, to order a passenger in a stopped vehicle to exit based merely on suspicion of an offense, that offense must be criminal,” Chief Justice Roderick Ireland wrote for the court in the 5-1 ruling.

The court found that the new law “provides a clear directive to police departments handling violators to treat commission of this offense as noncriminal.”

“Ferreting out decriminalized conduct with the same fervor associated with the pursuit of serious criminal conduct is neither desired by the public nor in accord with the plain language of the statute,” Ireland wrote.

The court said that there must be additional reasons for police to suspect criminal activity to justify ordering someone to get out of a car......".

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/04/20/sjc-burnt-marijuana-odor-not-enough-to-suspect-criminal-activity/

:goodjob::thumbsu: now if even this kind of education and tolerance would float to our idiots running this places minds we'd be doing alright..... thanks for sharing good to hear hope is still very much alive... peace and love

Hi Shining !!!

I know what you mean!

But after listening to Michael Komorn tonight, I have alot of concerns about the attitudes of our judiciary.

We may have to go after a decriminalization ballot initiative in order to remove ALL of their insidious manipulations !

dr.Jinx

The one resource that every progressive activist movement like ours has in abundance, is time. Little by little, voter act by court decision, we keep chipping away at the hypocrisy at their foundation. Someday nobody will be arrested for minding their own business, free the marijuana millions!

Jim D :

I hear you man.

After listening to Michael Korman last night I am more convinced than ever that we need to move towards decriminalization in this state to cut off the legs of a judicial system which refuses to recognize the validity of the MMMA and is hell bent on arresting sick people !!

dr. Jinx

Hi Shining !!!

I know what you mean!

But after listening to Michael Komorn tonight, I have alot of concerns about the attitudes of our judiciary.

We may have to go after a decriminalization ballot initiative in order to remove ALL of their insidious manipulations !

dr.Jinx

That sounds like a Cure we can believe in!

Hi Shining !!!

I know what you mean!

dr.Jinx

Hello Dr Jinx.. makes good sense to me... peace and love... :D

Archived