Lemon Cake Flowering Time Frame

I recently harvested some Cannalope Haze, Sweet Tooth and a Thai X Skunk cross (707 soil, lucas formula for all these). These were in flowering for just over 8 weeks, I suppose I just assumed they were all done since nearly every leaf was completely yellow or in the process of turning yellow. Now that I'm curing it I'm starting to wonder if I pulled it too early, due to the amount of orange hairs and the Thai cross is super sticky.

Anyhow, my Lemon Cake and Strawberry Cough are now approaching 7 weeks in flower (placed in flower on 03/07) and are looking very good so far (Ebb n grow, 2.5 gallon buckets, lucas formula). I'm still trying to get down a good time to start flushing and was wondering if I could get some input.

These are both close up of Lemon Cake.

Yeah, the Lemon Cake is around 10 weeks.

I've pulled them anywhere from 10 to 12 weeks so far....

I've been playing with mine and pulling them at different times....

Go buy a little pocket microscope from Radio Shack for $10. Checking the trich's is the way to go.....

I don't keep a calendar or anything on when to pull my plants. I just check them with a microscope and pull em' that way.

edit: oops, I didn't even see your pictures. Looks like ya got a microscope! LOL

Use that instead of going by the leaf color...

Just to add to that.....

I don't know how many LC's you've got running, but a little birdie told me to try it at several stages.....

Cloudy only trichs

Cloudy with say 25% amber

50/50 cloudy/amber

You can try more amber, but with the LC, I'd expect couch lock for sure.....

If you've only got one plant, you could start your flush and harvest branch by branch over time to experiment...

Hope that helps....

Lemon cake @ 10.5 weeks, 25% amber; the second most powerful kick in the head and couchlock I've ever had, after herijuana, and herijuana (yes, it is a real strain of marijuana) should be used only by serious experienced tokers, or nubies with a watcher in the room. It will put some people in the ER, just like Salvia Divinorum (legal in Michigan but not in 41 states) puts some folks in ER. And if you're looking to experience salvia divinorum and are over age 18, I have it available. It is the closest thing to herijuana, but more unpleasant--it is not a party drug. It is a by-yourself-on-a-spiritual-quest of self-examination and self criticism tour to explore your inner-mind, drug (and inlike any strain of marijuana, bitter to the taste).

Even tho I've been growing the Lemon Cake for several years (met MrD through Overgrow, all those years ago), I don't believe that I have smoked 2 oz's. of the stuff in all that time. My reason, too danged strong for this lightweight...everytime that I smoke it, I regret it....

"No-no-no-no, I don't smoke it no more

I'm tired of waking up on the floor

No thank you please, it only makes me sneeze

Then it makes it hard to find the door"

Peace...j.b.

p.s. I usually take LC at week 10, my wife prefers it that way, gives her more of the sativa side of the meds, gives her motivation during the day....

• 1 month later...

I'm getting ready to harvest two Lemon Cake monsters. :sword::sword:

One is a mutant and it looks/smells powerfully potent!

Ooooooo cannot WAIT!!! :devil:

Me to! This is my first run with her and she is 69 days and still looks like she could go a few more. Is it normal for this strain to foxtail like this. I had a lot of heat issues from ac problem for about 2 weeks.

gallery_18667_820_145344.jpg

gallery_18667_820_2653278.jpg

gallery_18667_820_1640833.jpg

I figure I will pick her Friday but right now I am all cloudy with just a amber here and there. It seems like the heat almost caused her to reveg. Doesn`t it seem like it is a little behind or is this strain just take this long?

Peace, Afi

that is not normal at all, Afi! You should rush that plant to me, so i can 'take care of it' for you. :)

Seriously though i have no idea how it grows. I hope to get a cut of this soon from someone here. How long or tall should these be vegged for (normal grow, not monster tree-veg time)?

that is not normal at all, Afi! You should rush that plant to me, so i can 'take care of it' for you. :)

Seriously though i have no idea how it grows. I hope to get a cut of this soon from someone here. How long or tall should these be vegged for (normal grow, not monster tree-veg time)?

What do you want them to yield? A month veg should give you a qp easily depending on conditions, lighting, etc.

Me to! This is my first run with her and she is 69 days and still looks like she could go a few more. Is it normal for this strain to foxtail like this. I had a lot of heat issues from ac problem for about 2 weeks.

gallery_18667_820_145344.jpg

gallery_18667_820_2653278.jpg

gallery_18667_820_1640833.jpg

I figure I will pick her Friday but right now I am all cloudy with just a amber here and there. It seems like the heat almost caused her to reveg. Doesn`t it seem like it is a little behind or is this strain just take this long?

Peace, Afi

Looks like your room got a little warm :(

CO2 will help to tighten everything back up-foxtails=HEAT or near end of cycle or a combo of both-looking great!:thumbsu:

Yeah I had ac problems and lost power for 2 days during the last heat wave we had so that is the problem. It burnt the shade leaves up and everything and this plant is still fairly dense to my surprise but that may change after the dry. I have run co2 and I didn`t see enough return to be worth it. Peace, Afi

Archived