Medicare And Disability

gage2008

So to keep it short and sweet. I have advanced degenerative disc disease in my c4-c5-c6. I had to put my two weeks in at work. I have a fiance and a 2 year old that i need to take care of and would really appreciate any information i could get from anyone in regards to how to or where to apply for medicare and how to/where to apply for disability. I live in Barry county. Thanks for any information.

B

So to keep it short and sweet. I have advanced degenerative disc disease in my c4-c5-c6. I had to put my two weeks in at work. I have a fiance and a 2 year old that i need to take care of and would really appreciate any information i could get from anyone in regards to how to or where to apply for medicare and how to/where to apply for disability. I live in Barry county. Thanks for any information.

B

You can contact Social Security by phone and on-line to start the process. They will also instruct on the closet office to your location.

1-800-772-1213,http://www.ssa.gov/

Good Luck

Ed

B

Please contact a respectable social security attny in your area or I will give you the name of one!

Have the attny fill out the very first application, get an attny right from the beginning save your self and 8 yr fight!

It took me over 8 yrs to get my ssdi,,I applyed first time on my own, I went thru all apeals got a bad lawyer first time around lost all appeals,

I refilled imediatly after last appeal,,I had an attny fill out app and all, I didnt do nothing he got me my ssdi and 8 yrs back pay!

Id love to go into more detail about the actual first appeal that we won on,,but to long a story,,but a sucessful story at that!

Good luck,,if you are any where near macomb county I got a good attny for you,,,,I mean he represented me, and i was living in houghton lake at the time,,,,,,so never know,,he is a good guy and attny with a winnning record!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Please contact a respectable social security attny in your area or I will give you the name of one!

Have the attny fill out the very first application, get an attny right from the beginning save your self and 8 yr fight!

It took me over 8 yrs to get my ssdi,,I applyed first time on my own, I went thru all apeals got a bad lawyer first time around lost all appeals,

I refilled imediatly after last appeal,,I had an attny fill out app and all, I didnt do nothing he got me my ssdi and 8 yrs back pay!

Id love to go into more detail about the actual first appeal that we won on,,but to long a story,,but a sucessful story at that!

Good luck,,if you are any where near macomb county I got a good attny for you,,,,I mean he represented me, and i was living in houghton lake at the time,,,,,,so never know,,he is a good guy and attny with a winnning record!

Peace

FTW

Jim

yes, get an attorney right off the bat! otherwise expect the first decision on your denial to take at least 8 months to a year. they usually deny everyone the first time around - that is just standard operating procedure for our government. can you file for disability at work?

they usually deny everyone the first time around - that is just standard operating procedure

Sadly that's true when applying for SSDI. Hard to win it. Takes a pro who is expert on the medical matters underlying a claim.

But I wouldn't use a lawyer because they still gotta hire medical experts to review your case so you get charged for that, plus they nickel-dime you with legal fees that non-attorney representatives don't, but who do the same appeals case work. They're registered with the SSA as agents called Non-Attorney Social Security Appeals Representatives.

Absolutely I would choose this 2 woman Lansing company doing business statewide called Disability Appeals Advocates LLC with info at http://disabilityappealsadvocates.com . They are a lady MD of 35 years and a longtime Physician Assistant, both experts on medicine and the Social Security Disability Insurance system with their specialty being winning appeals cases. They only get paid if they win your case. Very high win record. Mention Green Cross sent you.

Thank you all for your quick response. Unfortunately I'm way beyond to poor to get any attorney. not to go into to many details but i made $8 an hour and my biggest check i ever made at my job at red lobster was $153 which happens 1 time. every check is between $100 and $120 and my fiance who is a waitress. we survive pretty much off of tips she makes at work. we own a house and have a 2 year old son. not to mention the 3000 in bills we keep building on because of this whole miss.

Its to bad in this world we require payment for helping people. Saving people, sad as it sound has a price on it. life is not priceless. go ask a doctor. Hell a hospital sued me for a little over $3000. but that's a different story.

sorry for the rant and i appreciate all the advise.

I live in Barry county by the way. Middleville to be more specific

most ssi attorney's don't charge yoiu unless they win so it is about 25% or i think 6,000 whatever is less so it won't cost you a thing and i can tell you that you will lose if you don't get and attorney my wife was on ssi and i made to much so the cut her ssi i got hurt and could'nt work so she tried to get her case reopened and they said she had to file all over again and guess what even with a attorney they still deined her she has never got any better just wanted to reopen her case if anything she is worse and they still denied her so GET AN ATTORNEY IT DON'T COST ANYTHING IF THEY DON'T WIN AND IF THEY TAKE YOUR CASE THEY WILL WIN THEY DON'T DO THIS IF THEY THINK THEY ARE GOING TO LOSE sorry about the caps but i can't stress enough get and attorney if you don't you will be waiting a very long time and you have a little girl and it will probly take you 2 to 3 yrs with and attorney if you don't get one add at least a year to that if not more good luck and i hope it goes well

Archived