Well Water Tds Reading And Ph Level.

kgb69ss

I just bought a TDS meter, that reads in ppm, from Phil at Great Lakes Hydroponics in Charlevoix. I am curious about the levels I am getting from my well water, and what to do about it. 232 ppl and 7.7 or so. What do I need to do. Plants look sad. All foxtailing and airy buds. What ppm should I be feeding them 7 wks flower in foxfarms ocean forrest. Do I add more nutes to compensate for the 232, or subtract? I dont know wth im doing with this device .......but I know I need it!!!!Please tell me what to do! THANKSTHANKS

I just bought a TDS meter, that reads in ppm, from Phil at Great Lakes Hydroponics in Charlevoix. I am curious about the levels I am getting from my well water, and what to do about it. 232 ppl and 7.7 or so. What do I need to do. Plants look sad. All foxtailing and airy buds. What ppm should I be feeding them 7 wks flower in foxfarms ocean forrest. Do I add more nutes to compensate for the 232, or subtract? I dont know wth im doing with this device .......but I know I need it!!!!Please tell me what to do! THANKSTHANKS

7 weeks into flower i usually run about 1300 - 1500 ppm, but thats for my particular strains. You want to measure your water after you add your nutes, then you figure out whether or not to adjust it.

Is that 7.7 your PH? If so that seems far to high.

Airy buds are probably due to light, and not having enough intensity on those buds.

232 is your "zero" or starting point

The ph will come down as you add other nutes

Check ph after you add nutes before trying ph down as nutes tend to lower PH

start out with 600 ppm or 832 in your case and avoid exceeding 1200 ppm in final flower

you should be fine

Edited by Beans

I also run Foxfarm nutes in FoxFarm soil (1 part ocean forest / 1 part happyfrog). Once week 3 of veg passes the plants need supplemental nutes regardless since the precharged soil is usually tapped out. In soil and using Foxfarm products in thier recommended doses I have never produced over 900ppm when mixing up my water. I've used Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and a supplemental dissolvable solid (Beastie Bloom, Open Sesame & Cha Ching) all together in the same gallon of water and with these organic nutes that combination usually nets around 880 ppm when starting with 0 ppm R.O. water.

I have a friend that runs General Hydroponics in his bucket system and is able to achieve those higher ppm numbers in his hydro system with non-organic easily dissovable nutes but personally I dont even see those kind of numbers when using FoxFarm. Using a Bluelab combo meter.

Fox tailing and airy buds may be from lack of light , it may be over feeding of nitrogen . It may aslo be the strains that your growing , they may not be good choices for inside . Sativas need alot more light than Indicas to develop properly ..

I dont think your water at hand is creating an issue , as if it was and you were watering with a ph of 7.7 you would surely see lockout on the high end and that would burn your flowers bad .. Sounds like you have another issue at hand besides water that is creating the stress you mention ...

Absolutely! In addition, consider other causes for the poor bud - light leaks, overuse of Superthrive, to much phosphorus....

Well, first off, the very top buds are foxtailing. 6'x9' flower room with 1200 w. (300 mh 300 hps dual arc Agromax and 600 hps. 76 ° daytime and 70° night.. Stalks are weak and very, very little trichomes. I found out today that the co. I bought seeds from last yearis scamming people, selling second- hand old seeds. I am germinating some Pineapple Express Bubblegum, and others from The Attiude now. Trainwreck seed from dispensary bud in flower room now! Im going to just give adjusted water to the ill looking plants. I flushed them all Saturday, but with 7.7 ph water. Gave Trainwreck open sesame today with ph adj. Got the ph down today...Pots are 4 gal. houseplant potas with drain gravel in bottom. They have a water catch thing on the bottom though. Is root rot a possibility? I've been fighting this problem of loose buds for a year! HEELP! AND TGANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Well, first off, the very top buds are foxtailing. 6'x9' flower room with 1200 w. (300 mh 300 hps dual arc Agromax and 600 hps. 76 ° daytime and 70° night.. Stalks are weak and very, very little trichomes. I found out today that the co. I bought seeds from last yearis scamming people, selling second- hand old seeds. I am germinating some Pineapple Express Bubblegum, and others from The Attiude now. Trainwreck seed from dispensary bud in flower room now! Im going to just give adjusted water to the ill looking plants. I flushed them all Saturday, but with 7.7 ph water. Gave Trainwreck open sesame today with ph adj. Got the ph down today...Pots are 4 gal. houseplant potas with drain gravel in bottom. They have a water catch thing on the bottom though. Is root rot a possibility? I've been fighting this problem of loose buds for a year! HEELP! AND TGANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Dispensary's sell cannabis with seeds in it? What has this state become.

Lets see some pictures of these girls. You will get much better help if you do :)

Sounds to me like your issue is genetics and your PH. If your PH isnt at correct levels, then the plants cant take in nutrients. So with a PH like 7.7, those buds are not taking in the nutrients they need, and could be causing your problems with buds being airy.

What is your humidity like?

How far away from the top of the plants are your light? Lower wattage lights need to be placed closer than higher wattage lights in order to get good usable lumens out of them. I keep my 1000 watt about 18" from the top of the plant a 300, which I didn't even know was made, could probably be placed 12" away.

hello guys

foxfarm is not true soil is still a base hydro setup in real dirt 6.2 to 6.8 id say would be normal but im not into dirt one of the true dirt growers will have to speak on it... in hydro soiless type like foxfarm id want to be within the 5.2 to 6.2 range normal is around 5.4 to 5.8 best uptake for the plants range... the mixing of your nutes is an important factor... i mix mine micro first which is the base nutes... it bubbles for 30 minutes or more but no less... then i add the rest of the nutes each one by themselves and never mixed together then added to the base... let them also bubble for a bit just not need to be as long as the base... i am using the lucus nutes method and so far have not had a failed grow from it... good luck and let us know how its doing as we all do things different and learn from each how to make things grow better... we all learn our own way to grow just whats easy for you....

abbe

Do you have a water softener? The salts they use to clean out the water is really bad for plants. I had one and was pulling right about what you were saying, 200-250 ppm and about 7.8. Even with adjusting the nutes and ph, the salts used in the softener would lockout the plants getting nutes.

Check lights like others have said, and I would highly recommend getting an RO system or buying water. One thing you could try is buy some distilled water from the store, use that on one plant for a couple weeks, see if it does a lot better than the others. If yes, buy an RO system, if not, something else if the problem.

Good luck.

you can use potassium chloride in your water softener, salt not good for plants.

a reverse osmosis filtration system is affordable. you just need a place for run-off water like a sump pump and a good hose connection.

Great suggestion on the potassium chloride. It's slightly more expensive than sodium chloride but worth it.

Great suggestion on the potassium chloride. It's slightly more expensive than sodium chloride but worth it.

Wish I had known that back when I almost killed 2 plants... Went from that to straight well water, which was worse (plants liked it OK, but the hydro equipment really didn't like it, got gummy real fast).

But I am really happy with my RO system. Probably bigger than I actually needed, but it is nice and I don't have to worry about salts or iron or anything in my water.

They are almost mature at 7 weeks. The paleness on the leaves above are very similar looking to mine at that stage of growth. The White Widow will hopefully get more crystal before harvest. Sunday will be 8 wks since they showed sex under 12/12 for almost 2.weeks.very slow budding and stretch to 6 ft with pot. (5' from media)Im hoping the lower ph will make flowering plants bud sooner and.quicker. What has the experience of you all been with high ph vs. normal ph?

I heard that when ph is a problem, then it gets normalized, the nutes will unlock and burn the plant. Is that true? Sounds logical.

Fox tailing and airy buds may be from lack of light , it may be over feeding of nitrogen . It may aslo be the strains that your growing , they may not be good choices for inside . Sativas need alot more light than Indicas to develop properly ..

I dont think your water at hand is creating an issue , as if it was and you were watering with a ph of 7.7 you would surely see lockout on the high end and that would burn your flowers bad .. Sounds like you have another issue at hand besides water that is creating the stress you mention ...

Leves near flowers are burning. 1200 w in 6x9 room. 7 plants.424 cfm fan on medium. Humidity is 55%