Grow Room Help

johnbs8

i have a 4x10x7tall grow area im setting up the room is completely air tight. im using a 1000w HPS that is vented,the bulb air nvr sees the inside of the room. i also have a portable AC/humidifier combo that is in the room for temp control/humidity. my question is im going to use CO2 in the room and do i need to have fresh air still flowing into the room? it was my understanding that with co2 i didnt need an air exchange especially since i have an ac/humid in the area. I was told today at the grow store i still need fresh air flow. Thanks in advance John

Is it a tent or a closet? Are you going to seal it or are there going to be open margins to allow the Co2 to escape? The Co2 levels can get toxic to the plants in a fully sealed room but with such a small area you'd need to control your release valve pretty tightly. Also do you have any fans in the room? It sounds like you want to just put the light up, kick on the ac and let it rip I'd reccomend atleast 1 fan to get the plants moving a little bit youre going to see stronger stalks on your plants that can hold up the weight a 1000w can put on pending on how many plants you plan on putting in there.

We need some more info but either way I would reccomend to keep fresh air coming in, get yourself a nice timer that you can contol not a cheap $10 timer and alternate the fan and the Co2 release to keep everything moving, fresh, and happy!

Good luck my man

Is it a tent or a closet? Are you going to seal it or are there going to be open margins to allow the Co2 to escape?

closet that i built. the room is completely air tight. trust me its sealed!! ill be using the co2 tank regulated with the cap ppm-4. as far as fans ill have one blowing across the bottom of the room and another small fan blowing at the top going oposite direction. ill be SOGn and have a netting to help hold colas. so given that info do i need to still use fresh air inlet? TY John

If you start seeing water running down the walls, then you need changes.

When trying out a new room, you need to "dial it in".

You may kill a few in the process. That plant will tell you when it is hating life.

I used brick weed seeds at first. I didn't want to kill some nice clones I paid for...... or expensive seeds.

Give back a report of how it is turning out.

Peace !

closet that i built. the room is completely air tight. trust me its sealed!! ill be using the co2 tank regulated with the cap ppm-4. as far as fans ill have one blowing across the bottom of the room and another small fan blowing at the top going oposite direction. ill be SOGn and have a netting to help hold colas. so given that info do i need to still use fresh air inlet? TY John

If everything is sealed what I would do is get a inline fan and draw in fresh air, something that small the toxic levels to plants will come quick in my opinion but I am still expirimenting with how much they can handle etc.

No air in and only air out is from your sealed vented lights. You'll have to run a a/c and a dehumidafier to keep the room right. Sealed means just that SEALED... Co2 will work if ya keep everything right but will get pricey if your not careful. Ya dont want to pump in air and lower the co2 amounts in your room. Keep a fan on the floor pointed up to keep the gas from pooling on the floor and keep that door closed. Dial the temp and r/h and co2 levels in and let the room run itself.........

I think the guy needs an intake vent for the room. Like he said, air leaves the room via the aircooled lights. He has AC/Dehumidifier (hopefully exausting outside the room). But what is the size of the intake vent for the room? He might need a 8" hole or 6.5"x6.5" square hole based on the size of the room.

During C02, the vent can be closed. Like they said, when C02 levels get toxic, you have to bring in fresh air, via the intake vent.

The intake vent needs to be filtered to prevent PM and mites, a hepta filter or even panty hose.

-DN

after doing some more research im seeing that it might be more cost effective to add another exhaust fan in the room and just have fresh air circulation instead of co2. the reason i say this is because my AC unit will pull the co2 out of the room. id be defeating myself. if i pump fresh air in i should be ok without the use of co2. how much of a difference in growth/buds is there with using co2 and without?

after doing some more research im seeing that it might be more cost effective to add another exhaust fan in the room and just have fresh air circulation instead of co2. the reason i say this is because my AC unit will pull the co2 out of the room. id be defeating myself. if i pump fresh air in i should be ok without the use of co2. how much of a difference in growth/buds is there with using co2 and without?

Dude you'll rock without co2

ok so im gonna get a 465cfm fan that will vent out. im attaching an air scrubber to it. and gonna pop a hole in the cieling with a flex hose for inlet on the other end of the room. what size should my inlet be? also i know theres a caculation for air movement. anyone know how to calculate how often my fan should kick on and off? also ill need a timer for it. any sugestions? thanks guys, this site rocks!!

You want to exchange all the air in the room in 5 minutes. You would be better to add an intake near the floor for cool air, exhaust fan high to move warm air out. A good controler will control heat and humidity, very important. Your intake should be at least twice the size of the exhaust, to minimize restrictions

any ideas on an inexpensive or at least affordable controller that will meet those needs? ive been looking at them but not making heads on what to get. appollo 9 by titan controls the stats are :

•Runs lights, pumps, fans, CO2 generators, light movers, oznone generators, etc.

• 2 outlets to run your gear (Do not exceed rated amperage)

• 1 minute intervals - 8 separate schedules per day

I'm thinking this will work out fine. any quarrels?

Archived