Michigan Lawmaker Introduces 'birther' Measure

fyi; This is such bullsheet! If this person has time to waste they need to go waste it on someone else's dime, not ours!

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2011/04/michigan_lawmaker_introduces_b.html

A Michigan legislator has introduced a bill that would require presidential candidates to present their original birth certificates or certified copies to appear on the state's ballot.

The measure introduced Tuesday alludes to persistent claims by some critics that President Barack Obama was born overseas and shouldn't be eligible for office.

Hawaii state records show that Obama was born in there in 1961. Some critics say they still believe Obama was born outside the U.S., and potential Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has raised questions about Obama's birthplace.

So-called "birther" legislation has been introduced in roughly a dozen states.

Republican Rep. Mike Callton of Nashville says his measure isn't just about Obama. Callton says other presidential candidates have had their citizenship questioned.

I think since its a requirement to have been born here to be president that one SHOULD have to produce the original or a certified copy!! Anyone can falsify a birth record OR a newspaper clipping!

I think that should have been a requirement long before the Obama birth certificate fiasco!!

Those who strive for power, are the least equipped to handle it. Those who do not want power, are the ones most equipped to handle it.

Self-assured individuals do not need power to validate their worth.

Self-doubting individials NEED power to validate their worth. (but it still doesn't do the job).

What!

Repulican Mike Callton, District 87, Nashville, must be confused about where he is.

This is Michigan, not Tennessee.

Last I checked we never had the Confederate Flag (Slavers' Flag) flying over the FREE state of Michigan.

We don't discriminate based on race in Michigan, Mr. Callton, we discriminate based on socio-economic status. (Yes, there is a slight difference between the two)

The only slavery we practice here in Michigan, Mr. Callton, is Wage Slavery, and well, I guess that's something to be proud of :huh:

This 'birther' nonsense is a waste of precious tax payer tax dollars on an issue that provides no benefit to the people of the great state of Michigan.

If proving Obama was born in Saudi Arabia resulted in the Asian Carp not conquering the Great Lakes, I would be all for it.

If proving Obama was born in Borneo resulted in the return of the out-sourced jobs that Michigan lost, I would be all for it.

Unfortunately, the revelation of Obama's birth place will have no impact on lives of Michiganders or any American.

Stop wasting our time Mr. Callton, get back to work serving Michigan, not driving the national Republican agenda.

What!

Repulican Mike Callton, District 87, Nashville, must be confused about where he is.

This is Michigan, not Tennessee.

Last I checked we never had the Confederate Flag (Slavers' Flag) flying over the FREE state of Michigan.

We don't discriminate based on race in Michigan, Mr. Callton, we discriminate based on socio-economic status. (Yes, there is a slight difference between the two)

The only slavery we practice here in Michigan, Mr. Callton, is Wage Slavery, and well, I guess that's something to be proud of :huh:

This 'birther' nonsense is a waste of precious tax payer tax dollars on an issue that provides no benefit to the people of the great state of Michigan.

If proving Obama was born in Saudi Arabia resulted in the Asian Carp not conquering the Great Lakes, I would be all for it.

If proving Obama was born in Borneo resulted in the return of the out-sourced jobs that Michigan lost, I would be all for it.

Unfortunately, the revelation of Obama's birth place will have no impact on lives of Michiganders or any American.

Stop wasting our time Mr. Callton, get back to work serving Michigan, not driving the national Republican agenda.

Hey Frank,

I hope you copied him. He needs to read this more than we do.

I am agnostic about whether he was born in HI. I mean do all HI birth certificates have no signatures? That doesn't seem right.

2008-06-12_obama_birth_certificate.jpg

As to the question of relevance I think it is. All conflicts of interest should be disclosed to the public. We need all the information we can get so we can begin to figure out what the hell is going on and who is running this show.

well. to be president of the USA, you MUST be Born in the US, not outside, even if your partents are citizens, unless your parents say are diplomats in a forign country when you are born, you are still considered a Natrual Citizen.

I have no problem with anyone running for president having to Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, they are infact a Natural US Citizen. but it does need to be done before they are elected. I dont have much personal issue with the BC of Obama. though the whole topic does make for good press fodder.

not sure if legislation needs to be implipmented to cover this, but if it does, i hope its for a clear and consise reason, though i highly doubt that is the case.

HI has stated that is the only record they will give out, to anyone. They have it, and the head of public health has gone in to view it personally, however they do not make copies, and do not allow people to go in and check it out.

As a favor to the president, they did just today I think release a copy of the real record with signatures so people will just stop with this racist crap. Sure, they say others have had their birthplace questioned before, but never has anyone ever raised this much stink and intorduced legislation because of it. No, not till it is a black guy do they say, oh yeah, we need legislation. If Obama was an old white man and looked like Mitt Romney, no one would have been introducing legislation about this.

Anyway, birthers make me sick. They can all go hang out with the tea baggers, and put white sheets over their heads so they feel comfortable. They all claim they are not racist, but the veil is very thin.

Cedar

P.S. on Donald Trump, he swears he is not racist because he has a "great relationship with the blacks". I am not black, but I have never in my life known an african american who thinks it is OK to refer to them as "the blacks". Good thing he isn't racist.

HI has stated that is the only record they will give out, to anyone. They have it, and the head of public health has gone in to view it personally, however they do not make copies, and do not allow people to go in and check it out.

As a favor to the president, they did just today I think release a copy of the real record with signatures so people will just stop with this racist crap. Sure, they say others have had their birthplace questioned before, but never has anyone ever raised this much stink and intorduced legislation because of it. No, not till it is a black guy do they say, oh yeah, we need legislation. If Obama was an old white man and looked like Mitt Romney, no one would have been introducing legislation about this.

Anyway, birthers make me sick. They can all go hang out with the tea baggers, and put white sheets over their heads so they feel comfortable. They all claim they are not racist, but the veil is very thin.

Cedar

P.S. on Donald Trump, he swears he is not racist because he has a "great relationship with the blacks". I am not black, but I have never in my life known an african american who thinks it is OK to refer to them as "the blacks". Good thing he isn't racist.

What do you know? They did release it today.

obamabc.png

I think it is more that he is a Democrat than that he is black, although of course there is a lot of racist stuff out there. A lot of Republicans and Democrats think that "the other side" is causing all the problems, when really the two sides are one. They both let all this crap go on. Obama's military staff is the same as Bush's. What does that tell you!

Why have they waited this long to release it? I dont understand why they didnt show this when people first asked questions about it. I feel like thats not something that you should ever feel the need to hide from someone.

He admitted this morning that people have always been asking for it. If he knew their were so many people out their that wanted to see it, he should have just shown it to them.

He released his birth certificate in 2008.

It was official and what 99% of Americans have.

Not good enough for the racists and bigots and haters.

I actually appreciate the fact we know who the racists are now. This topic brought them out by the hordes and we know who they are now.

Gotta love wink and nudge bigotry.

Why have they waited this long to release it? I dont understand why they didnt show this when people first asked questions about it. I feel like thats not something that you should ever feel the need to hide from someone.

He admitted this morning that people have always been asking for it. If he knew their were so many people out their that wanted to see it, he should have just shown it to them.

He released his certificate of live birth, which is the only thing the state of HI will release, back in 2008. That is what 99% of the people have and is the only thing I am sure that both Bush's and CLinton were required to show.

It wasn't until recently that Obama, in the interest of putting it to rest once and for all, asked the HI department of health to do him this favor, and release a copy of the real deal. HI had previously told him that his unsigned certificate was the only thing they could release, but the Head of the records department said she had personally viewed it and reviewed it for authenticity.

The republicans will probably now start saying he abused his power to obtain his real birth cert, something that normal americans can't do. I'd bet it will be on Faux News tomorrow morning. Probably start trying to impeach him on it too.

Why is there not something already in place requiring an official birth certificate for presidential candidates? There are very few requirements to actually be president, but one is that you are a natural born citizen. How does one prove that they are a "natural born citizen".....with a birth certificate!

In order to attend school, one needs to show an official birth certificate, its a requirement. Yet people are prejudice if they ask a "man of color" for his birth certificate to prove he is a "natural born citizen" as a requirement for presidency??

Edited to reflect: I agree this should have all been done before he was even allowed to run!! They allowed it then, so its really a mute point in this case.

Unfortunately, the issue of his birth place is still up in the air, as far as some folks go.

Here is a snippet from a very bright guy, Karl Deninger:

"...This debate is not, at this point, about whether Obama was born in the United States. There are plenty of people who question that, but this case simply isn't about that any more.

This case is about whether a sitting President presented an altered - that is, forged - document to the American public and claimed it was authentic. You cannot at the same time have Hawaii state that they made two PHOTOCOPIES of an original in a book and then have the White House and AP release "scanned" copies of that document which appear to have been printed on entirely-different paper, never mind that one of them is clearly not a simple scan.

The evidence strongly supports this allegation. The obvious next question is this: What, Mr. President, are you trying to hide....?".

You can dismiss Mr. Deninger as a racist...that's easy.

But maybe you want to get a little insight into his logic....

You can find the article here [dated 4/29/11] :

http://market-ticker.org/

Why is there not something already in place requiring an official birth certificate for presidential candidates? There are very few requirements to actually be president, but one is that you are a natural born citizen. How does one prove that they are a "natural born citizen".....with a birth certificate!

In order to attend school, one needs to show an official birth certificate, its a requirement. Yet people are prejudice if they ask a "man of color" for his birth certificate to prove he is a "natural born citizen" as a requirement for presidency??

Edited to reflect: I agree this should have all been done before he was even allowed to run!! They allowed it then, so its really a mute point in this case.

Um... let's see here.

you are required to show your birth certificate to go to school? Not at my schools when i was a kid. But let's assume you are right.

That means Obama had to show his birth certificate when he went to Punahou School in Hawaii which he graduated high school from. He had to show it when he went to Occidental College in Los Angeles. He had to show it at Columbia University in New York. He had to show it at Harvard Law school where he graduated in the top of his class.

hmm. Feeling foolish yet?

He had to prove citizenship to file for his social Security card.

And yes, after a country full of people with either racist tendencies or views hounded him as not being a citizen, he released his birth certificate to the public in June 2008, long before the election. He received the guarantee from Hawaiian officials that it was real and official and what Obama used for his passport as well.

Feeling racist yet?

Then 2 and half years after he released his official birth certificate, racists became so inflamed a negro was president, they insisted that it was fake and screamed he release his "long form' birth certificate which is actually shorter than the short one.

So he now released his "long form".

And the racist tending people still can't accept it.

Sickening.

If you don't understand why it would be so offensive to ask a black man for his papers, then you do not understand the history of this country and the racism that permeates it.

Can we move on from this stain on American history yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPsYc0SvGcw

Archived