Environmental Controllers

Catfinger

I'm looking to pick up the CHHC-4 from Sentinel and would like some reviews or personal use stories on the controller. I'd like to hear about some other controllers too that people have had experience using. I am looking to use the CHHC-4 mainly for CO2 control right now but will have full control with it in the future to manage all devices once I set up a contactor box for the A.C. and dehuey.

Opinions? Thoughts? Suggestions on controllers?

I'm looking to pick up the CHHC-4 from Sentinel and would like some reviews or personal use stories on the controller. I'd like to hear about some other controllers too that people have had experience using. I am looking to use the CHHC-4 mainly for CO2 control right now but will have full control with it in the future to manage all devices once I set up a contactor box for the A.C. and dehuey.

Opinions? Thoughts? Suggestions on controllers?

Although I'm sure several others are using environmental control systems, the only one I can recall recently is MossCutty. If you scroll down a bit, you will find "TheMossCuttyProject". It's a good read. Maybe Moss can give you some tips.

I'm currently looking for a CO2 controller also. I've narrowed it down to this list:

1. Titan Atlas 1. $600 MSRP
  2. Sentinel CHHC-1, CHHC-4, or whatever they're calling it now. (also about $600? not sure, but it's up there somewhere)
  3. Something made by a little company that was just recommended on thcfarmer: http://www.co2meter.com/collections/wall-co2-meters-transmitters/products/co2-level-controller ($220 MSRP)

I'm leaning toward the Titan, since my other controllers are from that company and I haven't read much bad about them. I'm almost tempted to try the cheap unit, but with no display I won't really know how well it's working.

No opinions yet, since I haven't set it up, just throwing some options in the mix here.

I have been using the Sentinel CHHC-4 now for about six months and have nothing but good things to say about it. It is one of the few controllers that has a separate sensor so you don't have to have the unit itself in the grow space.

Here is a tip if you decide to go with it, buy it off of Ebay. If you need a link to a seller let me know. Grow shops generally charge between $650.00 and $700.00. I had mine delivered to my door for $530.00.

Thanks for the Sentinel recommendation, porcupine.  Good to hear.  My grow equipment supplier is giving me pretty good discounts, since I"m buying a pile of stuff for the new rooms.

There are a few of those sentinel CHHC controllers around on Craigslist, also.

I have had the Sentinel for several years no problem, works great.

My only concern is if you ever need support from the manufacturer I doubt you will get it. Just after I got mine I began to wonder about the computer type plug on the side and a note in the manual that it is for a computer output. This seemed like an interesting idea and I wrote to them asking if they could tell me more, or perhaps rec'c some software. Never heard back from them.

Would probably be best to work w/ a local store that can provide warranty support if there is any problem.

Thanks for the Sentinel recommendation, porcupine.  Good to hear.  My grow equipment supplier is giving me pretty good discounts, since I"m buying a pile of stuff for the new rooms.

There are a few of those sentinel CHHC controllers around on Craigslist, also.

Good lookin out fellas! I was at first leaning toward the CHHC-4 if I was going to continue down the road of using a 1hp chiller for room AC, but I am instead going to go with a dual hose ac and let the units on board monitor control the room temp. The rest of my fans and like are manually dialed in the old school way just coordinating the timers. I am probably looking to go with a Titan product also to use as my CO2 monitor, instead of running everything through a controller........for now.

Just a quick question to those using the CHHC-1 or CHHC-4.....If you are running AC and dehuey off your controller are you plugging in direct or did you set up a relay/contactor box for them. They are 15A max and in my future application I imagine I am going to want to avoid overcurrenting it and run those things through a relay/contactor. If anyone is using those can you let me know what manu. and m/n of relay you are using to actuate AC or dehuey when controller kicks them on?

Archived