Election Commission Holding Hearing On Snyder Recall Bid From

fyi;

http://detnews.com/article/20110429/POLITICS02/104290400/Election-commission-holding-hearing-on-Snyder-recall-bid#ixzz1KuY4ENpC

Ann Arbor— The Washtenaw County Election Commission is to hold a hearing this morning on whether the wording is sufficiently clear in a petition seeking to recall Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder.

A group called Michigan Citizens United is making the recall effort, which will require collection of about 807,000 valid signatures to trigger a recall election in November.

Lansing attorney John Pirich, a former assistant attorney general retained by the governor's office, is to represent Snyder at the hearing.

The recall petition accuses Snyder of taking away authority and funding from local governments and school districts; hiking taxes for low-income people and seniors while cutting them for corporations; and obtaining the power to break legal contracts.

The commission, which consists of the county clerk, treasurer, and chief trial judge, won't rule on whether the accusations made against Snyder on the recall petition are accurate. Under state law, they will simply rule on whether the wording is clear enough for voters to understand it.

Snyder lives in suburban Ann Arbor and recall petitions are filed in the elected official's county of residence. The hearing is to be held at 9 a.m. in the Washtenaw County Board of Commissioners room at 220 N. Main. Snyder spokeswoman Sara Wurfel said Pirich would present a case but didn't say if the governor had objections to the petition wording.

Wurfel said when the petition was filed Snyder would remain focused on reinventing state government to benefit all Michigan residents.

Michigan Republican Party Chairman Robert "Bobby" Schostak strongly criticized the recall effort after the recall group's treasurer Gail Schmidt, who works for the Michigan Education Association, filed paperwork with the Secretary of State that included an MEA fax numbers. A spokesman for the teacher union, Doug Pratt, said the MEA is not connected with the recall effort and Schmidt later filed amended paperwork that deleted the fax number.

Michigan Citizens United, which describes itself as a grassroots organization independent of any union, is seeking to raise $250,000 to pay for the recall effort and is using social network sites such as Facebook and Twitter to recruit volunteers.

pegan@detnews.com

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110429/POLITICS02/104290400/Election-commission-holding-hearing-on-Snyder-recall-bid#ixzz1KuoQyUwH

fyi;

http://detnews.com/a...d#ixzz1KuY4ENpC

Ann Arbor— The Washtenaw County Election Commission is to hold a hearing this morning on whether the wording is sufficiently clear in a petition seeking to recall Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder.

A group called Michigan Citizens United is making the recall effort, which will require collection of about 807,000 valid signatures to trigger a recall election in November.

Lansing attorney John Pirich, a former assistant attorney general retained by the governor's office, is to represent Snyder at the hearing.

The recall petition accuses Snyder of taking away authority and funding from local governments and school districts; hiking taxes for low-income people and seniors while cutting them for corporations; and obtaining the power to break legal contracts.

The commission, which consists of the county clerk, treasurer, and chief trial judge, won't rule on whether the accusations made against Snyder on the recall petition are accurate. Under state law, they will simply rule on whether the wording is clear enough for voters to understand it.

Snyder lives in suburban Ann Arbor and recall petitions are filed in the elected official's county of residence. The hearing is to be held at 9 a.m. in the Washtenaw County Board of Commissioners room at 220 N. Main. Snyder spokeswoman Sara Wurfel said Pirich would present a case but didn't say if the governor had objections to the petition wording.

Wurfel said when the petition was filed Snyder would remain focused on reinventing state government to benefit all Michigan residents.

Michigan Republican Party Chairman Robert "Bobby" Schostak strongly criticized the recall effort after the recall group's treasurer Gail Schmidt, who works for the Michigan Education Association, filed paperwork with the Secretary of State that included an MEA fax numbers. A spokesman for the teacher union, Doug Pratt, said the MEA is not connected with the recall effort and Schmidt later filed amended paperwork that deleted the fax number.

Michigan Citizens United, which describes itself as a grassroots organization independent of any union, is seeking to raise $250,000 to pay for the recall effort and is using social network sites such as Facebook and Twitter to recruit volunteers.

pegan@detnews.com

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/a...d#ixzz1KuoQyUwH

i will sign it Thanks for the post

i will sign it Thanks for the post

There shouldn't be any issue with getting a large portion if not all MMMP registrants to sign that petition and for schuette and jones.

I have made some real enemies with-in the Michigan republican cult lately because of my public support of the recall effort for snyder, schuette(i said he should be jailed for civil rights violations), and jones, and I like it!

I had someone from that group reply to me on twitter and said and i quote; "you're condoning child abuse if you support pot heads in Michigan and you all should be in jail""

I obey the law! So we'll see who ends up in jail.(and or unemployed)

Ed

Archived