I Need Help W/new Clones

GreenDreamz

Im growing in bubble totes and just picked up my first 12 clones. 12 clones

I have a couple questions because this is my first grow I am nervous to fail. The clones look to have yellow leaves on the bottom starting on the edges mainly.Also some of the clones only have these small mini leaves but I am guessing all this is normal.

My questions start right about here. I started them in r/o water in the bubble totes with general organics bio root 1-1-1.

It has been two days and the "babys" look the exact same as when I got them still with yellowing leaves.

Do I just wait until the roots grow into the solution and start with my 1/2 veg solution?

Also I have a dimmable 600/750/1000 watt ballast what should i have it turned on?I have had them on 600 for the past 2 days.

Should I be misting the clones? They were rooted in the rockwool good but I didn't know if this speed up/slowed down the rooting process.

I had the ph at 5.8 when i started them and checked them today and it was 6.3.I put in a little ph down to see where it gets me.I am trying to keep it at 5.8-6

Just want to make sure I am doing everything correctly and appreciate any and all help.

Im growing in bubble totes and just picked up my first 12 clones. 12 clones

I have a couple questions because this is my first grow I am nervous to fail. The clones look to have yellow leaves on the bottom starting on the edges mainly.Also some of the clones only have these small mini leaves but I am guessing all this is normal.

My questions start right about here. I started them in r/o water in the bubble totes with general organics bio root 1-1-1.

It has been two days and the "babys" look the exact same as when I got them still with yellowing leaves.

Do I just wait until the roots grow into the solution and start with my 1/2 veg solution?

Also I have a dimmable 600/750/1000 watt ballast what should i have it turned on?I have had them on 600 for the past 2 days.

Should I be misting the clones? They were rooted in the rockwool good but I didn't know if this speed up/slowed down the rooting process.

I had the ph at 5.8 when i started them and checked them today and it was 6.3.I put in a little ph down to see where it gets me.I am trying to keep it at 5.8-6

Just want to make sure I am doing everything correctly and appreciate any and all help.

Hey GreenDreamz, sounds like you're on your way. :thumbsu: The yellowing on the leaves is probably due to no nitrogen, or any nutes at all for that matter, during the rooting phase. I always start my new clones in a bubble tote of half strength veg solution, and top water them until the roots are dangling out of the net pots. By top watering, I mean pull one net pot out and get a small cup that you can dip into the solution, then pour a cup or two right through the clay stones. This keeps the cloning medium wet and providing nutes to the roots until they reach the solution. I do this a couple times a day, until the last plant has dangling roots. If your lights are getting the plants too hot, thay will suffer heat stress. They're still fragile at this stage, so if your light isn't vented and cooled you'll have to keep it high enough that you don't bake the little plants. Too far away and you'll get too much stretch and spindley plants. Also, it's important to have good air circulation in the room. A little wind from an oscillating fan will make them dance and build strong stalks. I have good success at a pH around 5.8. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Hey GreenDreamz, sounds like you're on your way. :thumbsu: The yellowing on the leaves is probably due to no nitrogen, or any nutes at all for that matter, during the rooting phase. I always start my new clones in a bubble tote of half strength veg solution, and top water them until the roots are dangling out of the net pots. By top watering, I mean pull one net pot out and get a small cup that you can dip into the solution, then pour a cup or two right through the clay stones. This keeps the cloning medium wet and providing nutes to the roots until they reach the solution. I do this a couple times a day, until the last plant has dangling roots. If your lights are getting the plants too hot, thay will suffer heat stress. They're still fragile at this stage, so if your light isn't vented and cooled you'll have to keep it high enough that you don't bake the little plants. Too far away and you'll get too much stretch and spindley plants. Also, it's important to have good air circulation in the room. A little wind from an oscillating fan will make them dance and build strong stalks. I have good success at a pH around 5.8. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks for the input TOAD :thumbsu:

1. clones start to yellow because they are using the nutes stored in the leaves to throw new roots.

2. very important to understand this: leaves that have already shown the effects of a deficiency or problem will not "heal" themselves and go back to looking normal. once the problem is corrected, only NEW GROWTH will start to look normal again.

Archived