Flushing ,mi Public Hearing

I hope they get sued,how can they change state law???

"One would limit the amount patients could possess, require they carry their registration card, limit the location of use, prohibit the sale of marijuana and establish a misdemeanor penalty for violations of the ordinance."

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2011/04/flushing_planning_commission_i.html

Flushing Planning Commission is holding a public hearing for medical marijuana ordinances

Published: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:30 AM

Sarah Schuch | The Flint Journal By Sarah Schuch | The Flint Journal The Flint Journal

Follow

Share0

Share close

Google Buzz Digg Stumble Upon Fark

Share Email Print

MEDICAL MARIJUANA.JPGView full sizeFile | The Flint Journal

FLUSHING, Michigan — A public hearing is scheduled for Monday to discuss two ordinances regarding medical marijuana.

The meeting will take place at 7:30 p.m. at Flushing City Hall, 725 E. Main St.

There are two ordinances that will be amended. One would limit the amount patients could possess, require they carry their registration card, limit the location of use, prohibit the sale of marijuana and establish a misdemeanor penalty for violations of the ordinance.

The other would include an amendment to the zoning ordinance.

According to what was discussed at the Feb. 14 City Council meeting caregivers would only be able to establish facilities in commercial areas and only with a special use permit. Each facility could only have one caregiver, who could provide care for no more than five patients.

The business would be required to be located 500 feet away from children, residential areas, places of worship and other caregivers in the proposed amendments.

"I think it's pretty well done. A lot of legal work has been done," said Flushing City Manager Dennis Bow. "It's a real tough one. There are so many ways to deal with this whole issue."

Gosh, has it been 41 years already. I still miss Al Wilson. :o

Alan Wilson’s premature death at age 27, just like Hendrix, Joplin and Morrison who all died at 27, robbed music of one of its unsung geniuses. Though praised by John Lee Hooker as “the greatest harmonica player ever,” multitalented Wilson never received the recognition on the world stage that he so assuredly deserved.

What is the date of this meeting ?

We need to show up...anyone planning to attend ?

dr. jinx

FLUSHING, Michigan — A public hearing is scheduled for Monday to discuss two ordinances regarding medical marijuana.

The meeting will take place at 7:30 p.m. at Flushing City Hall, 725 E. Main St.

hi jinx,i assume it's this Monday may 2,the article was published April 29th.I would think it being genesee county alot would attend..

A little bird told me and i quote"we have David Layton as prosecutor,he just laughs at marijuana cases ,he's too busy with real crime"

I cant be there due to Dr appointment's that day and i no longer live in flushing.

Archived