Skip The 21 Days, Take The Check And Papers Straight To Lansing?

its my understanding, if you take all paperwork, properly filled out, documented, with check or mo in hand, you can go to the MDCH in lansings mmj office, and they will process the paperwork while you wait. run the background checks ect.. and get you stamped. I ve also heard and spoke with people who left the MDCH MMJ office and went right to a dispensory and picked up some meds.

No, the MDCH just accepts it, and stamps it with the same exact stamp they receive certified mail with. They will go over it and make sure it is all there, but they don't process it.

The law and rules state that it is 20 days after the MDCH receives the documents that you are legal. Stmaped means nothing except that they received it. It saves you a day in the mail.

No, the MDCH just accepts it, and stamps it with the same exact stamp they receive certified mail with. They will go over it and make sure it is all there, but they don't process it.

The law and rules state that it is 20 days after the MDCH receives the documents that you are legal. Stmaped means nothing except that they received it. It saves you a day in the mail.

It does also allow you to walk into....at least the one and only dispensary I've ever been to.

I saw my doctor, visited the mdch, and purchased mediocre meds all in the same day, in the last week of December 2010.

It does also allow you to walk into....at least the one and only dispensary I've ever been to.

I saw my doctor, visited the mdch, and purchased mediocre meds all in the same day, in the last week of December 2010.

Well, they weren't following the law if that's the case. I'd expect that dispensary to be closed soon.

I have started a few threads about this hear was one of the most helpful replys;

Trix - My name is Rich and I operate Green Cross in Lansing. Due to a large volume of applications my doctors generate I frequently take apps. to the MDCH in person. I'll answer your questions in order asked.

True, the Application form (and Change form and Renewal form) at the top shows PO Box 30083, Lansing whereas the actual state office building housing the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program (MMMP) is at 611 W. Ottawa Street, Lansing, MI 48933-1070. This 4-story office building is 3 blocks due west of the Michigan Capitol building. Note it's a one-way street going westbound. Park at meters near the corner of Ottawa and Butler streets. Walk up a 30-foot wide ramp at the western end of the building then proceed south 50 yards to the central courtyard; enter the front doors of 611 W. Ottawa. Walk up to the Security Guard at the counter; indicate you have a MMMP form needing a stamp; the Guard notifies a MDCH on-call person who meets you at the counter. May take time as often a line is waiting -- feed your meter sufficiently. Bring your application copy -and- the copy intended for a caregiver, if you named one, so both copies get stamped -- that is, IF they will stamp a pre-mailed app.

Are you certain the MDCH person you spoke with understood you want your copy stamped EVEN THOUGH you previously MAILED IT IN and have a US Post Office return receipt? On previous attempts to do that for some clients I was rebuffed, was told MDCH -won't- date-stamp copies previously mailed in since they use a stamp with the current date only; was told your only options were to get a copy of your cashed check (on the back shows the date it was cashed) and staple it to yours and any caregiver's copies, or wait for your plastic ID cards to arrive (in an unsatisfactory 4 or more months after you applied for your card, grumble grumble, but that's another topic). Maybe call them again, clarify your intent? Good luck and I hope it works out.

Trix :bong2:

MDCH just posted this on their website. :thumbsd:

EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MAY 9, 2011 -- IN AN EFFORT TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND LIMITED STAFFING RESOURCES, THE MEDICAL MARIHUANA REGISTRY PROGRAM WILL NO LONGER DATE-STAMP COPIES OF HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS. APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT BY U.S. MAIL TO THE ADDRESS INDICATED ON THE APPLICATION.