The Cost Is Killing Me.

Lately I have been thinking about going back to the opioid pain killers a lot. I do not want to. But I may have to. I suffer from constant pain so I use strong MMJ, and a lot of it (Roughly 1.5- 2.0 oz per month). My cost of medicine can be up to $640.00-$1000.00 per month. I have tried getting a CG but nobody wants to touch ya if you don't have the plastic card which they have yet to send to me. So I look at the cost of growing it myself and found it to be staggering for a disabled man of my means.(I work with Developmentally Disabled kids, and have had to go part-time as pain and patience sometimes do not make good bed-fellows)So what I have done is cut back on my meds while buying a little bit of horticultural equipment at a time.

I am a man of honor. A proud man. But I need help. I am at least 2 months away from starting any seeds or clones and 5 months from supplying myself. The depression is starting to return as well, since I am no longer on anything else besides MMJ, and I run out a lot. What can I do? Is there any help at all out there? Just putting it out there: I am a hard worker and a humble person, I am not above painting your house or mowing your lawn or whatever. I am ambulatory and have a car. I live By I-75 and 11 mile, and work in Waterford. If anyone is in a position to offer any help, cheap meds , a cheap in-line fan , clones, or advice I would humbly accept it.

Thanks for listening everyone. This was hard for me to do.

Dustin.

If you were on the west side of the state I would offer to help out. I have a HUGE yard that needs mowing :(

Hope you find some help on that side. If you really can't find anyone (have you tried a compassion club?) and you feel like driving to the west side of the state, let me know.

And at $1000 a month for 2 oz, I am really surprized a CG hasn't jumped up and said they would help, that's dispensary prices and way too much for a non-retail environment.

Good luck

Cedar

You're to be commended for what you admitted in that post. You're story points to exactly a major 'glitch' in the MMJ system. The medicine is too expensive, the cards are taking a ridiculous amount of time to get to patients and the inability for some patients to afford the medicine is forcing them to revert back to the harsh, belly-stinging narcotics. I hope someone will respond to your request and help you. You ARE a proud man. Even more so after your post. Good luck.

yeah you were way over paying. I don't have any at the time to help or I would. I am in the Monroe area and it probably will be hard to find someone that will help if you don't have your card. How long have you been waiting for your card?

hello

i to understand the cost of a setup yes its pricey the get there but worth it when your done with that first grow... get with a few of the other growers and im sure they will be able to help you with some stuff you can also let them grow a few plabts for ya and trade with them after your up and growing... get into the chat room get known and ask around... i dont have any clones yet but will have some soon a couple of weeks or so... i will be more than happy to help ya out... also how are you wanting to grow soil hydro whats your plan... these things will help others in what they also can do... dont give up and if you have to go back only do it for a short time to get you over that hump... please do let us know what and how any of us can help you get going... my clone from this batch wont be done much before the 28 or so of may... if i dont have another failure... good luck

abbe

yeah you were way over paying. I don't have any at the time to help or I would. I am in the Monroe area and it probably will be hard to find someone that will help if you don't have your card. How long have you been waiting for your card?

As a CG, if he signed me up I have no issue that he has no card. Fill out a change form, show me all of the correct photocopies and a cleared check, and 10 days we are all good. If you wait for a card, you are waiting 6+ months in some cases. My last PT sent in a renewal in in August, and we didn't get our cards until January.

Don't wait for the card, find a legit CG and have all of the right paperwork, and in 10 days it shouldn't be an issue.

Seriously, check out compassion clubs. Might be a good place to talk to other patients and get an idea of who is a good CG, maybe they have an opening. And it is only $10 and 10 days when you want to start growing your own.

Cedar

When did you send it in? right now they claim to be processing cards sent in December. So they claim to only be about 4-5 months behind.

The law states that photocopies of the application, cancelled check, and proof of delivery act the same as a card until you recieve yours. Certain LEO and judges feel differently, but that's what the law clearly says. I would be concerned too about holding plants until the card gets there. But holding meds is a different story.

Cedar

My check was cashed in early March. Just a side note I did meet one patient that I have been getting some of my meds from, and he is not the one I am talking about on the high end of that 640-1000 a month figure. But his supply is very limited and it's still pretty expensive. He is also far more disabled that I and I feel like I'm taking meds from him. I just don't want it to sound like I ALWAYS pay 1000 a month. Right now its more around 650.

I have a rental house that could use the carpets ripped out and attic cleared that someone vandalized...If you wanted to do the work, prob 2 hours or so worth of work, Ill give you 12 clones so you can start your grow and give you some back up seeds incase you run into problems, its on 10mile and 75

Will pass on to you what a Caregiver named Franklin John in Dearborn Heights offers and I learned last week. Two free ounces indica (he grows only indica) per month, you pick it up--you must pick it up--from him in Dearborn Heights. Card or complete papers and check and MI pic ID, but he transfers to his patients only, although I got a freebie toke. Grows in dirt with sunlight year round. His costs are low (he has no computer or internet) so that helps. Saw him Sunday when he said is dumping a patient for selling his freebies, maybe has opening...Or if you start to grow...my best.

DarkMatter, I have been doing give a ways but I have been getting scruitny, I also did not have the fourth winner pick up their meds and it has been over a month. I much rather give the meds to someone in need, and I feel your pain, I work in a pure commission service indusrty and we have been SLOW so I am also low on funds and meds but I'd be willing to give you 7 free grams of either strain I have CheeseWreck: http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9779/cheesewreck.jpg or Misty Kush: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/216/mistykush.jpg if you can come to my apartment in Shelby Township (Mound and M59) I can give you 7 grams of either strain that I have. Also pending on when you start your grow I should have some clones or atleast clippings that I could give you no charge to get going.

PM or email me if you are intersted

michiganmedclones@rocketmail.com

You don't need to spend tons of cash to get started growing. The cannabis plant is very hardy and will grow under less than ideal conditions.

I highly recommend this book:

Marijuana Buds for Less

41%2BFNVslIGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It shows you step by step how to grow with just compact fluorescent bulbs. You won't grow 4 foot plants but it will keep you supplied for very little cash.

You can usually scrounge up most of what you need for next to nothing.

Yield and quality has as much to do with genetics as anything else. Start like this and add better lights and equipment as you can afford them. I have grown this way using low stress training and gotten up to two ounces per plant.

If you can find a safe and legal place to do it you can always grow outside now that the weather is warming up too.

I live in Metro Detroit, 5 min. south of the city. I make it out to 11/Coolidge area regularly. I am avail to help and can gift you rooted clones immediately if you are ready. I'm also slightly new to this site still but have met one member and as was stated earlier, people here are for the most part genuinely caring and compassionate patients and CGs. I have only a couple patients and work tightly in my network only normally, but MMMA has shown me there are others out there with a willingness to help and I'd be happy to pass that on as well. PM me if I can be of assistance.

:rock::bow::rock::bow:

You know, a few years back I played online games (World of Warcraft, Everquest) before my hands started losing their grace. Asking for help there, in a virtual space a in game, say with a quest or something was grueling. People would not only almost never help you, they would in fact belittle you, bombarding you with obscenities. Also a reason I don't play anymore.

But here I have experienced the opposite. This community should be proud of itself. I was a bit worried after I made the post I even thought about deleting it. I am glad I did not.

One person is giving me a bit to sample later this evening and another is going to let me do some yard work, as for the clones or seeds I can not use them just yet as my space wont be ready until late June. I am keeping it away from my home for safety.

Looks like I am well taken care of though, thanks everyone. Rest assured that I will pay such kindness forward. When I get out of this slump I will be making donations to this community. Karma FTW.

Peace and much Love, Dustin.

I can offer free clones when your ready, I am in the metro detroit area.

Same here. I have bug-free clones of strawberry haze and will have chocolope, GDP and Violator Kush clones by the time you get your plastic card. Just PM me and we can discuss meeting. I can also give you a number for caregivers that will deliver and will help you even though you don't have your hard card. Remember 21 day old paperwork with canceled check is LEGAL.

Wow, just ... wow. We have some really amazing people here in this community. I have spent about 2 hours here at work answering PMs and mails, with some darn fine people. It warms my heart to see this. Consider my faith in humankind renewed.

Man, I have been sitting back and just popping all over the forums just absorbing everything and trying to find some good people, and I really must say, after having such a crap day dealing with rude people in other aspects of my life, it really is nice to see people really trying to help people out.

Puts a smile on my face that greed is seen as a negative on these boards (at least for the most part lol)

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Archived