The Cost Is Killing Me.

"I use strong MMJ, and a lot of it (Roughly 1.5- 2.0 oz per month). My cost of medicine can be up to $640.00-$1000.00 per month."

sooooo, according to those metrics, you are paying upwards of 500/oz?

pardon my french, but that's F!CKED.

• 3 weeks later...

Lately I have been thinking about going back to the opioid pain killers a lot. I do not want to. But I may have to. I suffer from constant pain so I use strong MMJ, and a lot of it (Roughly 1.5- 2.0 oz per month). My cost of medicine can be up to $640.00-$1000.00 per month. I have tried getting a CG but nobody wants to touch ya if you don't have the plastic card which they have yet to send to me. So I look at the cost of growing it myself and found it to be staggering for a disabled man of my means.(I work with Developmentally Disabled kids, and have had to go part-time as pain and patience sometimes do not make good bed-fellows)So what I have done is cut back on my meds while buying a little bit of horticultural equipment at a time.

I am a man of honor. A proud man. But I need help. I am at least 2 months away from starting any seeds or clones and 5 months from supplying myself. The depression is starting to return as well, since I am no longer on anything else besides MMJ, and I run out a lot. What can I do? Is there any help at all out there? Just putting it out there: I am a hard worker and a humble person, I am not above painting your house or mowing your lawn or whatever. I am ambulatory and have a car. I live By I-75 and 11 mile, and work in Waterford. If anyone is in a position to offer any help, cheap meds , a cheap in-line fan , clones, or advice I would humbly accept it.

Thanks for listening everyone. This was hard for me to do.

Dustin.

Dont buy into the theory that it costs too much to grow,we buy our dirt form a local nursery and make our own nutes, it really is that simple.

BB says more than 85% of MI "patients are poor." Yet those on this board who grow, grow just like the well-to-do or rich. You can cause growing to make you go broke.

Nutes: No one needs to spend anything. Their own fresh urine at 30 parts water to one part FRESH urine is the perfect pot fertilizer. Yet everyone spends for nutes. Not even the broke seem to google to find this no-cost perfect fertilizer. (In two ways it is truly the 'no flush grow)!

Medium: No one needs other than leaves, grass clippings and newspaper or straw bales or kitchen-made compost, yet everyone buys potting soil, coir, rockwool, jiffy pots or expanded clay pellets.

Containers: How many toss out plastic bottles of all types and sizes in place of recycling them as free grow containers? You recycle all yours? Few do and anyway, more are available to you free--from trash cans everywhere--and from every store's recycling center that in MI, reject one of every 5 containers inserted. It just requires growers to carry them home and wash them out, drill holes. But those on this board? Buy their containers.

Ignore the sun, the perfect free light: Growing outside is fast and legal, you just need six planes. (From geometry (and our courts) those six are overhead, below, and to the four sides, locked and not easily entered by those without a key--burglars and thieves are those folks who come with a tool and use some effort).

Ignore cc99: Out of the thousands of strains, few growers use the only one that produces fast indica smoke with nary an odor. 56 days...no veg odor, no flowering odor...pinch the mature buds and sniff lots of pot odor. A true miracle, bred and developed by a member on this board, kruztydj (the writer of post #22 on this very thread). But instead of cc99? Instead? Growers on this board (85% of whom Blueberry says are poor) toss money at in-line fans, spend way more than $60 per complete used light, throw away the bit of money they do have on odor control and charcoal and go from poor to broke...sound like growers you know, maybe even sound like you?

Maybe the broke will look at doing things a different way than the rich? It's a sure bet, based on grow store profits, the rich don't (and won't) and so far the poor don't either.

BB says more than 85% of MI "patients are poor." Yet those on this board who grow, grow just like the well-to-do or rich. You can cause growing to make you go broke.

Nutes: No one needs to spend anything. Their own fresh urine at 30 parts water to one part FRESH urine is the perfect pot fertilizer. Yet everyone spends for nutes. Not even the broke seem to google to find this no-cost perfect fertilizer. (In two ways it is truly the 'no flush grow)!

Medium: No one needs other than leaves, grass clippings and newspaper or straw bales or kitchen-made compost, yet everyone buys potting soil, coir, rockwool, jiffy pots or expanded clay pellets.

Containers: How many toss out plastic bottles of all types and sizes in place of recycling them as free grow containers? You recycle all yours? Few do and anyway, more are available to you free--from trash cans everywhere--and from every store's recycling center that in MI, reject one of every 5 containers inserted. It just requires growers to carry them home and wash them out, drill holes. But those on this board? Buy their containers.

Ignore the sun, the perfect free light: Growing outside is fast and legal, you just need six planes. (From geometry (and our courts) those six are overhead, below, and to the four sides, locked and not easily entered by those without a key--burglars and thieves are those folks who come with a tool and use some effort).

Ignore cc99: Out of the thousands of strains, few growers use the only one that produces fast indica smoke with nary an odor. 56 days...no veg odor, no flowering odor...pinch the mature buds and sniff lots of pot odor. A true miracle, bred and developed by a member on this board, kruztydj (the writer of post #22 on this very thread). But instead of cc99? Instead? Growers on this board (85% of whom Blueberry says are poor) toss money at in-line fans, spend way more than $60 per complete used light, throw away the bit of money they do have on odor control and charcoal and go from poor to broke...sound like growers you know, maybe even sound like you?

Maybe the broke will look at doing things a different way than the rich? It's a sure bet, based on grow store profits, the rich don't (and won't) and so far the poor don't either.

Please,remind me NOT to sample your meds tomorrow! I prefer my meds without the taste of wang in them!!

I think I'm doing ok now guys, I made this original post some time ago , found some extra work , scrimped pennies here and there,found a caregiver to help me with meds temporarily, and am nearing the tail end of the original investment. Thanks for all the help guys.

While many of us (myself included) live on a low income, It is not impossible to make a good investment in supplying your own medicine, and it is possible to do it right, with few corners cut. You just have to make a little purchase here and there, cut costs out of your daily life for awhile, maybe get some extra work, whatever. On a less than 20k a year income I was able to get a 1000w HPS light with bulb ballast and reflector (the reflector turned out to be garbage so I still have to get that) A 400cfm inline fan, an 8 manifold air pump , medium and nutes , containers , meters , fans, and misc stuff in just a few months.

Now I almost have everything I need to supply myself with medicine. It was not easy but nothing ever worth doing is.

Archived