Dr Greenthumb Iranian Chemdawg And The Dope

Dr Gruber

Having a bit of trouble with these. The bottom leaves are burning up on all 3 plants. I think the problem may be the soil I buy from a local store that mixes thier own soil. It has been very inconsistant lately and depending on where i get the dirt from out of the bag my readings are different. I dont think they mixed it well enough.

I flushed them down a bit and we will see what happens, but the damage is already done. I will get some pics up later and show you what i mean.

Such a bummer about the soil because it was so good on the last run that i thought i was seton soil brand for awhile....back to the drawing board.

Sorry to hear about that.

Im sure you'll get it corrected or even get a cut so you can finish this. Good Luck !

After posting those pics yesterday I got a Pm from a very reliable source telling me that my plants had a disease and he recommended pulling them because they will not get any better and may spread it to other plants. I had transplanted them last night in a different batch of soil hoping they would get better but by this afternoon, it had spread into the rest of the plant. I chopped them down and will now have to sterilize my entire veg room and all tools.

My apologies to lilman who gifted these to me....what a bummer!

My best guess is the new batch of soil that i got. I buy it from a local store that mixes their own and they are the only 3 plants in this new batch. All other plants that were in the old batch are doing fine right now......I wont be buying that soil anymore.

Sorry to anybody following this thread...i wll start something new soon.

Peace-DG

After posting those pics yesterday I got a Pm from a very reliable source telling me that my plants had a disease and he recommended pulling them because they will not get any better and may spread it to other plants. I had transplanted them last night in a different batch of soil hoping they would get better but by this afternoon, it had spread into the rest of the plant. I chopped them down and will now have to sterilize my entire veg room and all tools.

My best guess is the new batch of soil that i got. I buy it from a local store that mixes their own and they are the only 3 plants in this new batch. All other plants that were in the old batch are doing fine right now......I wont be buying that soil anymore.

Peace-DG

Sucks to hear. What was the "disease" ?

Good think you figured out the problem and removed it before it affected anything else. Hope to see something soon from ya !

What else ya got goin in the garden ?

Sucks to hear. What was the "disease" ?

Good think you figured out the problem and removed it before it affected anything else. Hope to see something soon from ya !

What else ya got goin in the garden ?

I dont know the name of the disease...forgot to ask.

I have 2 of Doc's G13's and 2 Columbian Skies in flower right now. The rooms are seperated so no worries so far. I have my sour diesel, g13 mothers and a bubba kush mother in the veg room with them, so far nothing has spread.

Peace-DG

I got similar results using fox farm ocean forest with docs endless sky i killed the seedling and am waiting on space to clear up inn my garden to restart my es journal. :mellow:

Fox farm carrys a soft medium called light warrior its made for seed starting thats my next medium for clones and seedlings. :thumbsu:

I got similar results using fox farm ocean forest with docs endless sky i killed the seedling and am waiting on space to clear up inn my garden to restart my es journal. :mellow:

Fox farm carrys a soft medium called light warrior its made for seed starting thats my next medium for clones and seedlings. :thumbsu:

Im so confused about soil now. I liked what i was using but i cant trust it anymore. I tried the Light warrior and it still seemed pretty hot, i was thinking about trying the Happy frog next or maybe ProMix...gotta decide soon.

Im so confused about soil now. I liked what i was using but i cant trust it anymore. I tried the Light warrior and it still seemed pretty hot, i was thinking about trying the Happy frog next or maybe ProMix...gotta decide soon.

In my garden happy frog did not really give my girls much root support when i went to harvest one in this medium she practically pulled right out roots and all . :blink:

But it didn't seem to hurt the quality or yield it just made it a bit more tedious doing all the trickery with twine and sticks to support her. :sword:

We have used a lot of diffrent media over the years but have always come back to ProMix for "soil" type grows and even non-recoverable hydroponic grows but Dr. Gruber's problem is a soil-borne disease, not a burn.

Thanks for that info!

Now I Know which one Im going to buy now...which Promix would you recommend the HP or BX and do you add anything to the mix?

I apologize to add another to the mix but Roots Organic is my choice.

It is already amended with all the goodies and you usually don't have to the feed clones for up to two or three weeks after re potting.

Plus its usally pretty cheap compared to all the million dollar Fox Farm soils.....not to mention its already moist so its ready to use unlike promix.

Good luck Dr.....post some pics of those ones in flower!

We use both BX and HP with good results.

If we're going to a 3-5+ gallon pot for vegetative growth and flowering, we'd start the seed in a 4" pot because if you go directly into a large pot the roots will just dive for the bottom and never fill the media. Once the plantlet is up, we'd allow a week of growth in the 4 " pot then give a regular full strength feeding to carry it over for about another week until the 4" pot if full of roots. Then we'd transplant to the larger pot and wait for 1 week before starting a regular feeding program.

These posts point up and interesting note. We do get a lot of customers saying they have had one problem or another with the Foxfarm stuff. We don't get Foxfarm here that I know of, so I have never used it and cannot comment on it, other than to say we hear lots of complaints about Foxfarm media.

We use both BX and HP with good results. These posts point up and interesting note. We do get a lot of customers saying they have had one problem or another with the Foxfarm stuff. We don't get it here that I know of so I have nevre used it and cannot comment on it other than to say we hear lots of complaints about it.

Thanks Doc!

I have the same problem with Fox farm....too hot and hard to control.

We use both BX and HP with good results.

If we're going to a 3-5+ gallon pot for vegetative growth and flowering, we'd start the seed in a 4" pot because if you go directly into a large pot the roots will just dive for the bottom and never fill the media. Once the plantlet is up, we'd allow a week of growth in the 4 " pot then give a regular full strength feeding to carry it over for about another week until the 4" pot if full of roots. Then we'd transplant to the larger pot and wait for 1 week before starting a regular feeding program.

Good info...thanks.

Archived