Check Was Cashed Today---Can I Take Medicine?

If you had a qualifying condition you would have been covered by the AD to use Mmj since Dec 2008. With your Drs' Recomendation you are also covered for use. 20 days from date of check cashing, you can start cultivating or sign a Caregiver. Also have 2.5 ozs' on your person legally 24/7.

Yes you can.

And if an officer finds you with your medicine, you'll have the ability to attempt to use the affirmative defense section of the law.

It would probably work for you as you already have your doctors letter. And by the time your case comes before the judge, your card will have arrived.

MDCH still has 20 days to issue a rejection. However, as stated you are covered fairly well under Affirmative Defense now. Some judges have thrown out Dr recommendations that came after the bust, however as long as you have a cancelled check (or copy), copies of your application, and the Dr Rec, you are technically covered. A jerk LEO might bust you and force you to show a judge, however the law says your OK now.

Be careful, act like it is still illegal, meaning don't buy some right in front of a police station, but as everyone else says, I would go ahead if I were you.

I actually had this same question because I am in need of some meds asap. Wasn't planning on growning or cultivating before my 21 anyway, but good to know I can legally get p2p transfers before then.

MDCH still has 20 days to issue a rejection. However, as stated you are covered fairly well under Affirmative Defense now. Some judges have thrown out Dr recommendations that came after the bust, however as long as you have a cancelled check (or copy), copies of your application, and the Dr Rec, you are technically covered. A jerk LEO might bust you and force you to show a judge, however the law says your OK now.
Thanks for this info! Now in that spirit, >new patient seeks p2p. Have money will travel.

I actually had this same question because I am in need of some meds asap. Wasn't planning on growning or cultivating before my 21 anyway, but good to know I can legally get p2p transfers before then.

Thanks for this info! Now in that spirit, >new patient seeks p2p. Have money will travel.

Be very careful. The affirmative defence will NOT prevent you from being arrested. With a good lawyer it can prevent your conviction. Very expensive

Archived