Official Pineapple Express Thread.

Mike Sativa

Yea. I think this weekend is gonna be the end of this lil lady.

Thursday will be week 8.

I still need to buy all my harvest "gear" trimmers etc. :sword:

Ive been reading a Lot about harvest/curing. I think im gonna follow the perfect cure on ICMag. Should be good for me as this is a first grow :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got done watering her. Shes now drinking 2 gallons or more a day. Ive been freezing RO water in a ice tray and putting them in my RO water jugs and lettting them melt a little before i add any, Since i cannot fit a 2 liter in the tote now.

Im amazed at how heavy the buds are. Shes is really starting to pack it on now. Ill have to get some new better pics up. I wish i could rotate her one last time. The buds in the back are monsters.

Still need to pick up some trimmers this friday. Think im gonna go with the fiskars Micro tip Pruning snippers.

They look really really good, Mike. By the looks of the sucker leaves they've used up their nutrient stores, and if you're flushing them well they will be ready very soon. If they are Indica dominant give them another 10 days or so. If they're Sativas then flush them hard for 4 to 7 days and they should be done.

If you want that heady, heart racing speedy effect then take them before the trichomes cloud up. If you want the body effect, wait until the trichs are 50/50 on cloudiness.

If you want both, then take half when they're clear and half when they're 50/50 on cloudy/clear. They look excellent, and if you harvest properly and do it half and half it will seem as though you have two different strains from the same plant!

It looks like you could still do a Three Phase harvest as well if you flush them hard, by the looks of those frosty white trichs! You could feasibly take a third within the next 3 days, a week later take another third, and a week later take the last third. You'd be amazed at the differences in effect this can have. And the look will change dramatically as well. It will likely look and smell like you have three different types of medicine when you finish, it can be that dramatically different. You did good, friend. Really, really good. One of the best indoors I've seen in a coons age!! Seeing trichs that far out on the silver leaf with a touch of cloud on the flowers is a sure sign that they are inches from ready.

Once they've dried be sure and cure them well so the aminos are used up and the sugars are gone. That really reduces the bad choke improper curing can cause. Just dry them and seal them in some glass containers and burp them 2 to 3 times a day for a week or two.

Doubt I needed to tell you that; it looks like you've almost reached art form stage :)

Home Depot has some excellent spring loaded trimmers that make that close trim work a LOT easier, they run about $10 a pair but are well worth it, I bought 10 pair and have used them for the past three years. Get some sharp Fiskars scissors ( again at HD ) for the rough trimming, and a razor knife to clean the scissor hash off them! A knife sharpening rod works great on keeping the edge on the scissors, they'll get dull really fast LOL! Also, get some high percentage rubbing alcohol for cleaning the scissors after the hash scrape!

I don't know your drying technique, but I use coat hangars and large paper clips to hold the buds. Hang them over cookie trays to catch those falling crystals and hairs :)! They'll dry fairly quickly, just watch that darn humidity!

Wow Scooter. Thanks for taking the time to write all of that. :)

Shes has been in her final flush since the 20th. So, 12 days today. Im following the 2 week flush BubbleGrower recommends w/ Lucas & BubbleBuckets.

Theres actually not a Lot of shytty buds on the bottom, there actually not bad looking. I think i may just harvest it all at once and use the lower for hash. I guess ill just see how it goes once i start cutting :sword:

The cure is one of the most important things, if not the most. I will be handling that with a Lot of TLC :)

Since this is the only plant in Flower im gonna use that room to dry it as well. The humidity should not be a problem, Ive got the AC goin strong so I should be golden.

Thanks for all the kind words scooter ! I am very proud of what i have been able to do with this plant and i think shes gonna reward me well for my work.

Honestly, one thing I might do differently in your shoes is on the next round a lil longer flush. Even outdoors I do a month flush on my Sativas and 6 weeks minimum on the Indicas, when I was indoors it was 3 weeks to a month, dependent on the look of the girls. But again, a lot of that is strain dependent and fertilization process dependent; if you micromanage your nutes with light fert ( you know, like 3-8-3 for flower ) then a longer flush really isn't needed, and besides like I said you're getting to know your girls.

Once you're on your third or fourth cloning, you'll know your girls well enough to decide how to handle that. And don't worry about cloning clones; I've cloned at least 6 stages down the line ( clone from a clone from a clone from a clone from a clone from a clone from the mother ) with absolutely NO genetic drift. They were identical to the original mommas. And I really hope you cloned her, but if you didn't just remember to next time if you can ( Clonex gel is my fave ). Over winter I keep 3 clones from each strain at 3 different locations, and that's just in case something goes wrong at one location ( blight, bug infestation, any kind of catastrophic failure ). It happened to me ONCE, lesson learned!!!!

That gene deterioration myth was put out there by the seed sellers; they don't want you to buy seeds just when you want a new strain, ya know ;)

Edited by Scooter

Well i just checked on my girl, She is even more beautiful today !

Wow, this plant has been great ! The buds are very dense and the hairs are mostly red now ( no im not harvest by this ) There is such a difference today from the last two.

Tomorrow she Is comin down for sure. Im gonna try to get some good pics tonight and before and after pics tomorrow.

I might not even get any sleep tonight, lol. Gonna be like a kid waiting for santa clause to come. Only this is Real ! hahaha j/k :D

Oh, my wife just asked me how long its gonna take me tmrw ? ... i just laughed. :lol:

Congratulations !!!! I am sure you will enjoy those meds more than anything u ever had before. The gratification of growing marijuana can be as therapeutic as the meds them self. Well ...... almost <_<

Peace, Afi

Wow, my back is killing me.

Wasnt able to get pics since i could not take her out of the closet without hurting her too bad. So, i had to cut her out of there ! :sword: Ill just do some before and after "final trim" pics when that time comes.

Took me a while to get started. I was pacing a bit.. and nervous. :lolu:

Thanks to everybody for your Help,it means a lot!

This was just a starter grow for me i guess you could say. I jumped the gun a little, i got this clone before my room was ever set up and i just wanted to get started and learn. I did read for 4+ months before i did that by the way.

So i feel as my test grow was a Success ! and my next grow will be more "complete" i didnt even use my filter or my fan i bought with everything. I only grew out this 1 plant, i didnt want to start a bunch of seeds or get a bunch of clones and have it be a major Fail.

More pics to come soon, i hope somebody is enjoying this a little bit. Main reason for this thread was to get a little more info about Pineapple Express out there. Which i cant fill in the blanks just yet, since im still pretty new to this. I was hoping more would chime in and discuss Pineapple Express.

I think people almost brush this strain off as being a generic strain, but let me tell you it is Not. Maybe one day if the genetics are revealed, it will get more attention. I personally think it Does have C99 in it. Maybe if that was the truth, that alone would bring more attention to this strain.

Im rambling now..:) Just a little update.

..One more Thing.. I picked up some 99% alcohal, how long should i wait before making hash ?

Thanks everyone !!

Edited by Mike Sativa

I didnt plan on adding anything to this for a bit, but im bored :)

My back is still killing me from that Harvest. I think it took me around 8 hrs with beaks, breakfast etc. What a sticky mess to ! I used gloves but picked up my phone a couple times and im still scrapping that off the screen :blink:

I didnt plan on taking any pics as i said, but i randomly took 2 pics of a branch/bud in the back for some reason... haha.

This bud really thickened up in the last week. She was falling forward until this bud started maturing, then it pulled towards the back.

gallery_20218_805_390488.jpg

gallery_20218_805_564710.jpg

Heres that same bud from a couple weeks ago, or so. When she came down this branch was almost laying flat.

gallery_20218_805_1000936.jpg

This plant has been a Great one to start out with. I would say its highly mold resistant. There were more than a handful of times were the rH would get high at night. Loved every drop of the lucas formula i gave her. Just like Scrog said, what else could a noob ask for ?

Ive got her hanging with hangers, 4 or 5 branchs on each. I do have a small fan Outside of that room moving air around. Temps are around 73 and rH has been 53-57% i read somwhere to keep it around 40-50%.

Can anyone confirm on that number or comment on rH %'s while drying ? Im thinking with those numbers im lookin at about 5 days of drying.

Drying times can be as quick as 72 hours, it's the cure that counts. Once the largest stem on a hanging branch will crack, it's dry enough to begin curing. Curing is when the plant matter uses up its final stores of sugars, aminos, micronutrients; in a way they mature a little during this time. This can be done using plastic totes with lids or jars. Make SURE there is no moisture, mold moves fast! I Add silica packs to cure containers for the first 4 days to remove any remaining moisture, put the meds in the container and burp it 2-3 times a day throughout the cure, checking for moisture every time. I get silica packs from vitamins, medicines, and a pharmacist once gave me a large bag ). I remove them once no moisture is present. A good cure lasts at least 2 to 3 weeks, longer can be better. It varies with strain type. That's when the true flavors will come out.

I think the PE looks to be an excellent strain for anyone; an advanced breeder could do some amazing things with its genetics. I may try crossing it with my Princess strain.

Edited by Scooter

Good breeding just takes a positive pressure chamber with a decent filter. I start flowering mothers at sprout with the first set of leaves. I wait for the buds to get about 2" long and use a prescription bottle with a tiny pinhole in the top. I put the pollen in it, wet a toothpick and insert it in the hole, and shake. Pull it out, and paint one bud. You'll end up with a lil amount of sensi and a bud packed with seeds you know came from your pollen. It's easier than you think. A little computer cooling fan will provide all the pressure you need.

Edited by Scooter

Well i started to do the Final Trim last night, after 3 days of hanging. Temps were 73-75 and rH stayed at 40-55% ( mainly high 40's low 50's ) Them they will be placed in 32oz jars with the lid off for 3 days. Then the burping will begin.

Im soo sick of trimming :) I started about 9:30pm last night and didnt quit until about noon today. Im sure it will go faster as i get more harvests under my belt.

Heres a pic i snapped last night. Not the best, but its something :) Ill try to get more once i finish trimming...Back to work for me !

gallery_20218_805_2373504.jpg

Great work man.Someone did their homework! Hope my 1st turns out this well too!

Thanks. I did read daily here for 4+ months and leaned as much about growing as i could before i started. Round 2 is about to hit flower soon ! cant wait for that one, Going with 4 strains this time. Sour AK, SLH, Diesel, and Pre 98 Bubba Kush. Should be great ! :)

Heres where were at now, they have been in jars roughly 4 days now. Ive been doing a lot of R&D :lol: not really but i have smoked a joint a day just to get a feel for the curing process.

Heres a couple pics, let me know what you guys think :thumbsu:

gallery_20218_805_1505450.jpg

gallery_20218_805_999000.jpg