The Obama Administration’S War On Medical Marijuana

The Obama Administration’s War on Medical Marijuana

May. 6 2011 - 4:23 pm | 238 views | 0 recommendations | 0 comments

By E.D. KAIN

This is appalling:

[R]ecent months have brought about what can only be described as the rapid collapse of the Obama Administration’s support for medical marijuana. Following dozens of aggressive DEA raids, along with some unusual IRS audits, the Dept. of Justice has now begun openly endeavoring todestroy carefully regulated state programs before they get off the ground.

It’s a sweeping intervention that instantly divorces the Obama Administration from its stated policy of not focusing resources on individuals who are clearly compliant with state law. Unlike the numerous recent dispensary raids, which could theoretically result from competing interpretations of state law, this new incursion constitutes a direct threat of arrest against state employees acting in good faith to administer perfectly lawful state programs.

That’s Scott Morgan via Andrew Sullivan. Sure makes someone like Gary Johnson more appealing. Could Johnson unilaterally end the war on drugs? No, probably not. But he could drastically scale it back – just like Obama has drastically scaled up federal efforts to strangle anti-prohibition movements at the state level.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-10:00p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number

Guest Happy Guy

snip It’s a sweeping intervention that instantly divorces the Obama Administration from its stated policy of not focusing resources on individuals who are clearly compliant with state law. Unlike the numerous recent dispensary raids, which could theoretically result from competing interpretations of state law, this new incursion constitutes a direct threat of arrest against state employees acting in good faith to administer perfectly lawful state programs. snip

That's because the state laws went further, and further, and then further with Arizona, where a patient can't grow for themselves and has to buy from a dispensary. That is so darn mean, and I, as a patient, see this as the biggest threat to my existence. It's a big threat to my way of life. The way of life I have grown to enjoy since our law was implemented. I see the Obama administration must deem our Michigan Medical Marijuana Law a good thing for patients AS IT IS because no warnings were sent to our state. Leave it be and let our law be an example to all that follow. Parasites, be wary of the feds, they have your number.

wow, it's getting very junior high up in here. I supported Obama's campaign for election. My wife and family also helped with some election registration campaigns. But i have had and still do have some significant differences from President Obama.

First off, i have always been very concerned with his ties to the Big Pharma lobby. I had those concerns before i became a patient. they have only intensified with this latest news. I believe firmly that President Obama may have some very poisonous lips to his ears right now. He has handled the Osama Bin Laden thing flawlessly in my opinion. But the ties to Big Pharma risk many more people's lives than even Osama Bin Laden.

Archived