Just To Set The Record Straight

Grow Thread

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thequietone

I respectfully ask that we move forward from the past. There is a time and place to discuss this issue and might I suggest that we do so in person at the BBQ on the 18th. Thanks.

Guest MosCutty

Okay my two cents, the people that complained about the Doc section and helped to get it pulled do not understand accessibility. Long before Our law, the Doc was helping patients grow quality genetics. He has taken risk to make his gear accessible to patient, before laws that claim to make us legal.

To me that means trailblazer and equals respect, also the man makes himself accessible to the community by participating here. I see it as a two way street, Doc looks out with solid gear and making people happy by his open lines of communication. Which can not be said for most commercial breeders.

Many breeders have their "home-sites" they hangout at, they get sections to make the info accessible and easy to find and yes to sell seeds. I know breeders that sell lots of seeds in MI but don't care about the community or the genetics at all. I say that section should come back.

Now for the progression of the Grow Room section, for along time many skilled growers where turned off to show things here because of the attacks. I have seen this first hand, so they stay silent.

It seems our culture is Changing KingDiamond and OD have been very helpful and making this change as I see it. Welcoming new and old members that post Grows, rather then attacking them.

the stronger growers showing work will define us, and also trust this we really don't need outside Breeders we have enough in this state. I'm not against Breeders joining us and hanging out as peers, but they should act like peers and not Gods. Which in the case of Doc he blends in well and should be the gold standard.

Just my thoughts.

Mos

I've always liked the grow section. Didn't typically see a lot of fighting and whenever I've had questions, everyone has been so helpful. when I was frustrated with the rest of the forum, the grow section was a relief. I like the grow section and the people that post there, typically apolitical, albeit opinionated. And I liked the journals, like bb.

Guest MosCutty

Hi Mos, Thanks for the exceptional gift my friend. It has relieved much stress and pain. Maybe we should establish rules of engagement in the grow threads. You put ten growers in the room, you get 10 arguments about the right way to grow. I don't see the grow section as political, but educational. It is important that bad behaviour towards teachers be dealt with in the same manner that it would be dealt with in a educational setting. We are lucky to have scholars such as yourself, Bubblegrower and many others amount us. Let's add this issue to the agenda. Maybe we could add a designation such as "Teacher" or "Educational Moderation" Thanks, bb

No worries BB I'm glad I got a change to share the fruits of my labor with you. It is certainly the least I can do for all your hard work much of which goes unnoticed. :goodjob:

Back to this "Grow Room" business, I don't think we are reinventing the wheel here. If you think back to this site before 2.0, when you just saw every post regardless of your interest in the content. It prompted people to speak out on everything that came across the board.

Structure has allowed us to move forward, I like farming and music so there is a place for that. Some like politics and sports, we got a place for that, etc.

If the forum is structured so that Tutorials are here, DIY there, test grows here, Breeders that choose to hang there. Then it will become more cohesive.

Revenue is also of concern if Professional Breeders work are being showcased. I'd say ask breeders that have a forum to donate seeds of current stock and maybe a few pre-releases for auction via 3MA.

Often it is easier for someone to donate the fruits of labor and not a paycheck. This way everyone can embrace the test grows as informative and not marketing. Although marketing just happens when you have good genetics and hardwork.

Diversity is one of the keys of life, we should embrace and nurture it. :thumbsu:

Okay my lights are about to come on, I gotta get the C02 rockin for my current grow show.

Mos

Okay my two cents, the people that complained about the Doc section and helped to get it pulled do not understand accessibility. Long before Our law, the Doc was helping patients grow quality genetics. He has taken risk to make his gear accessible to patient, before laws that claim to make us legal.

To me that means trailblazer and equals respect, also the man makes himself accessible to the community by participating here. I see it as a two way street, Doc looks out with solid gear and making people happy by his open lines of communication. Which can not be said for most commercial breeders.

Many breeders have their "home-sites" they hangout at, they get sections to make the info accessible and easy to find and yes to sell seeds. I know breeders that sell lots of seeds in MI but don't care about the community or the genetics at all. I say that section should come back.

Now for the progression of the Grow Room section, for along time many skilled growers where turned off to show things here because of the attacks. I have seen this first hand, so they stay silent.

It seems our culture is Changing KingDiamond and OD have been very helpful and making this change as I see it. Welcoming new and old members that post Grows, rather then attacking them.

the stronger growers showing work will define us, and also trust this we really don't need outside Breeders we have enough in this state. I'm not against Breeders joining us and hanging out as peers, but they should act like peers and not Gods. Which in the case of Doc he blends in well and should be the gold standard.

Just my thoughts.

Mos

:goodjob:

Archived